Masks Required at Embarkation?

GulfShoresCruiser

For those that have boarded (Port Everglades) since the good news regarding no masks required...3/1.

Am I required to wear a mask while in the pier area going thru embarkation?

If yes, do they have them for you if you do not have one?

If no, yippee!

(We have not worn masks since required on our December cruise and we tossed them all and have no interest in buying a mask)

Edited by GulfShoresCruiser

Yea they do require a mask in the terminal but I don't know if they're provided if you don't have one. Sorry.

I've got one that must be 3 or 4 months old and may have use it once or twice at the doctors office. I know they do provide them in the cabin. 

13 minutes ago, GulfShoresCruiser said:

do they have them for you if you do not have one?

If you are too cash strapped to afford a $2 hardware store mask to wear through the terminal during embarkation there are a number of websites that show how to make one out of a piece of material. Google 'make a mask'

• Like 6

Yes they are still requiring them. We were told it’s because it’s a federal building. 

There were none available and as Princess does not run nor own the terminal, bring one with you so aren’t aren’t denied entrance. 

you can pick up free masks at various pharmacies so if you don’t want to spend a few dollars, guess that’s what you’ll have to do. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Yes they are still requiring them. We were told it’s because it’s a federal building. 

There were none available and as Princess does not run nor own the terminal, bring one with you so aren’t aren’t denied entrance. 

you can pick up free masks at various pharmacies so if you don’t want to spend a few dollars, guess that’s what you’ll have to do. 

Our public library is also providing both masks and test kits.

10 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Our public library is also providing both masks and test kits.

2nd round of test kits now available to order online COVIDtests.gov ( our 1st round was non-proctored type)

Single masks ( quality unknown disclaimer ) can be purchased at our local C-store.  Haven't been to a local pharmacy as we have "plenty" of all types - designer cloth, medical, KN's ... and still wear them, even if not required

• Like 2

Just got off the Sky on Saturday.  Masks were recommended most places on board and were required in the theatre and a few other places.  Not a big deal.  Most folks carried a mask and put it on when it seemed prudent, like elevators.  Shops ashore required masks also.  So you might want to pop for a cheapo mask or two,

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I would agree it's most likely because the building is a Federal building.  If it was owned/operated by the state of FL no mask would be required.  Weird though, I work in a federal building on an Air Force Base and no masks required.  

12 minutes ago, GulfShoresCruiser said:

Interesting....masks not required at the post office....a federal building. At least not at our local PO.  

Our local PO still had the 'masks required' notice on the door as of yesterday ( 3/7 ) ... saw a couple in and outs with no mask ... 

At our embarkation in Port Everglades masks were required.  Not required onboard Sky Princess.  They have made announcements prior to the shows that they are recommended in the Princess Theater.  We have also been advised they are required in St. Thomas (indoors) and St. Maarten (indoor as well as outdoor public spaces).

1 hour ago, GulfShoresCruiser said:

Interesting....masks not required at the post office....a federal building. At least not at our local PO.  

Perhaps the pier falls in to the "public transportation" requirement?...like the bus or plane or train?  BTW, is that drama still continuing?  Forgot about that. 

Funny how that science works that you have to wear it "in the building" getting on the ship but not "on the ship"........but I'll buy that science!

(Let me go find a rag for my face so I can check in Saturday.....LOL)

Yes, it's the transportation hub requirement until the feds decide to drop that one.

Just off Regal. We didn't wear masks anywhere on board, starting on the 5th. We were required to put the mask on before disembarking.

Rather silly - Port Everglades is a wide open breezy space, and practically empty.

I think it's just taking awhile for all the rules to return to normal.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GulfShoresCruiser said:

For those that have boarded (Port Everglades) since the good news regarding no masks required...3/1.

Am I required to wear a mask while in the pier area going thru embarkation?

If yes, do they have them for you if you do not have one?

If no, yippee!

(We have not worn masks since required on our December cruise and we tossed them all and have no interest in buying a mask)

Yes you will need a mask to board and you will need masks in several ports. Some islands require masks both indoors and outdoors