Pre Cruise Hotels For Port of Miami

Rsmith95

Any reccommendations for a hotel close to the port of Miami for my April Cruise. I am traveling with my grandkids 6 and 10. We arrive into Miami at 10:00 am. Looking for a hotel near the Port with a great pool and close to resturants. Breaksfast and a shuttle would be a plus.

1 hour ago, Rsmith95 said:

Any reccommendations for a hotel close to the port of Miami for my April Cruise. I am traveling with my grandkids 6 and 10. We arrive into Miami at 10:00 am. Looking for a hotel near the Port with a great pool and close to resturants. Breaksfast and a shuttle would be a plus.

We're staying at Marriott Biscayne Bay. Using points. Have stayed there before. It overlooks the harbor. 

• Like 1

we love the doubletree which shares huge lobby with the Marriott just mentioned, great thing is there are several restaurants and bars , shops , some places with live music all in lobby area and you can see the ships from both hotels.

We were at the Hyatt Park place East by the airport.  Our early flight was cancelled and we were rescheduled 12 hours later.  Luckily we always fly in a day early.  I called them to announce that we would be a late arrival.  They had a nice pool, room was fine.  Breakfast "buffet" was a loser.  A few items offered and not very good either.  

Hampton Inn located in the Mary Brickell area of downtown Miami is the most often suggested hotel option for Miami - close to lots of local dining and shopping options, good breakfast and pool, and they will shuttle you to the port for a fee (taxi or UberXL might be a cheaper option for your crew).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Holiday Inn Port of Miami is very popular with cruisers. It’s right across from Bayside Market Place with plenty to do, restaurants, etc.  

While the Holiday Inn is still accepting reservations, it was sold recently to a developer who plans to tear it down and build a 77 story mixed use building.  No word on when that will happen.

• Thanks 1

The Hampton INN Brickell........I echo John's suggestion. They offer free breakfast and it is located near many shops and restaurants and if you need something, Publix is within walking distance as well.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 9:37 PM, njkruzer said:

We're staying at Marriott Biscayne Bay. Using points. Have stayed there before. It overlooks the harbor. 

Not sure when you are staying but the pool is closed for renovations , so construction going on in the morning. You can view on the website.

15 minutes ago, coops said:

Not sure when you are staying but the pool is closed for renovations , so construction going on in the morning. You can view on the website.

Not a problem.  Arrive late morning 4/22, sail off noon the next day.  Won't be an issue.  Thanks for the info.

• Like 1