LIVE from the Majestic Princess March 12-26 2022

jwattle

Today's the day! We're boarding the jet, leaving the bougee  behind and Tom and Jo take to the sea! 

A little about us: We're late fifties, fun loving and have been chomping at the bit to get back to a ship. We had a cruise scheduled for April 2020; everyone knows how that turned out. That had been in the works for three (count them with me) THREE years! It was a glorious 28 day B2B. When it was canceled,  because COVID would last a few weeks, I  booked another (similar to the first for November 2020)...and a back up (on the Discovery (January 2022, around the Horn)...and a back up to the back up (a sedate Cali Coastal / Mexican Riviera,  in case the world fell apart for March 2022).

Can anyone guess which cruise (s) we actually got to enjoy? Yep! The last one.  That brings us to where we are,  finally feeling the pre- cruise excitement (it's the day before, MAYBE it won't be canceled!!). 

We came to Sonoma to spend a couple of days with family pre-cruise and while here had to stock the medicine chest (code word for wine case) at the old estate.  A  look at the drive: 

image.thumb.jpg.8a4bfefd5326948f933af78deec81074.jpg

We passed our Covid tests yesterday,  packed everything in the steamer trunks (kidding), and board the jet soon. Hope to take you along for the ride! 

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy your cruise….I’m so looking forward to following along!!! I know your Live From is going to be fun to follow, especially with all the wine you are bringing. 🤪

We are doing the same CA coast itinerary on April 23. If you have time I’d love to see the MDR menus each night so I can decide what night we will do the Crown Grill. There is one night in the MDR when have trout on the menu and that is the night we want to go to CG. That’s my least favorite menu of the cruise.

Have a wonderful vacation……Bon Voyage!!!!!!

• Like 2

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your medications--both the prescriptions that you packed in your medicine chest and the over-the-counter ones that you purchase on board.  😁

• Haha 3

Following along.... We were supposed to be on these B2B cruises too.  Unfortunately husband tested positive yesterday, so we had to cancel.  We are both recovering from Covid.  I tested negative yesterday, so I'm better now.  How did we both get covid?  We got it on the Ruby Princess Hawaii cruise Feb 10-25.  I tested positive the day after returning.   Luckily we both had a very light case.  Both vaccinated and boosted.  Wore masks during the Hawaii cruise.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lindberg said:

Following along.... We were supposed to be on these B2B cruises too.  Unfortunately husband tested positive yesterday, so we had to cancel.  We are both recovering from Covid.  I tested negative yesterday, so I'm better now.  How did we both get covid?  We got it on the Ruby Princess Hawaii cruise Feb 10-25.  I tested positive the day after returning.   Luckily we both had a very light case.  Both vaccinated and boosted.  Wore masks during the Hawaii cruise.

• Like 1

Just now, roxievegas said:

hit the button too soon

wanted to ask what happened when you tested positive and notified Princess.  Is everything refunded.  Did you have Princess Vacation Protection plan. ?   thank you

We made it to LA! 

First, medicine on the plane,

followed by celebration medicine at the hotel

20220311_170818.thumb.jpg.74920ebe3a5abffab5214cb85f138e90.jpg

I'm not sure where our doctor got his degree,  but he is a cheerful chap! 

We've settled in at the Embassy Suites and are going on the prowl for sustenance. Less than 24 hours until cah-RUISING!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, jwattle said:

We've settled in at the Embassy Suites

Are you are the Embassy Suites at LAX (9801 Airport Blvd)? If so, is it a nice property? We are scheduled to stay there for a couple nights in May for the Paul McCartney concert at SoFi Stadium. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Are you are the Embassy Suites at LAX (9801 Airport Blvd)? If so, is it a nice property? We are scheduled to stay there for a couple nights in May for the Paul McCartney concert at SoFi Stadium. 

We're at LAX South, but it's a very nice property. 👍 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roxievegas said:

hit the button too soon

wanted to ask what happened when you tested positive and notified Princess.  Is everything refunded.  Did you have Princess Vacation Protection plan. ?   thank you

I called my TA and cancelled.  I did the health check in the ocean medallion app reporting the positive covid test result.  I do have the Princess platinum insurance.  Then today I filed two claims with Aon, the insurance company.  I won't know the result for up to 21 days.  But reading the policy I do expect to be refunded the entire amount in cash.  But really won't know until I get the refund.  My two cruise payments were made up of 4 FCDs, a little FCC, a gift card and the rest went on my credit card.

I'm  sad I dont get to go on the cruises.  😞

• Like 3

Taking the whole family on this cruise April 16th. Our last cruise before Covid was also this itinerary but on the Royal in 2020….Leo Rossi, stage manager for Fleetwood Mac, gave several talks on that ship about his days with the group. Wondering who will be giving talks on our cruise and if there is a way to find that out beforehand….

• Like 1

It's 6am, and it's CAH-RUISING day! Did I mention that I'm a wee bit excited???? We have the car coming at 9, so only three hours to kill before we head to the terminal. 

Is everybody ready to shower,  get dressed,  have breakfast and go to the port? I am! We've waited five years for this day. That's when we started planning the original canceled one. 😞 

Let's leave all of that in the rear view and plan all of the fun ahead! A little preview: 

We booked ship excursions on the Cali Coastal leg,  all wine tours,  for medicinal purposes  of course. 

For the Mexican Riviera leg, we have no plans,  just play it by ear and see where the wind takes us. For all I know, we might end up playing guitar in a lovely  mariachi band.

It's a beautiful sunny morning here in Southern California,  so I'd better hop to and start some Java. Talk soon friends, thanks for coming with us!

• Like 4

We made it to the port early,  thanks to our car service driver. Check in was a breeze, other than security confiscating the wine because there wasn't a wine table

yet.  Grrrrr. We'll be reunited soon my medicinal friends! 😀

During the pause and our cancelations,  we amassed enough F CC's to do Club Class. A couple of months ago there was a sweet deal on suites for the second leg that I pounced on like a kitten on yarn. Two weeks ago,  I emailed the upsell department,  with this being a 20th anniversary celebration and all,  and with gift cards left over,  I upgraded the first leg as well. Somehow,  no clue how,  I kept the secret to surprise Tom. 

Since we're in a suite (Tom doesn't know this yet-Happy Anniversary!) we are waiting in the elite area with lovely pastries and nice coffee... much better than that hotel rubbish. 🏨 #love tastycoffee

Can't wait to get onboard and start things out!!

• Like 9