LIVE from the Majestic Princess March 12-26 2022

jwattle

On 3/17/2022 at 10:23 AM, jwattle said:

I'll give the in depth tomorrow / Saturday on the entire process (but I'll spare pictures of the nasal swabbing) 😱 

We had a note in our cabin yesterday inviting us to join the ship's most popular officers for a chat about in transit,  mimosas,  how accounts would be handled... oh,  and tests.  We would meet in Allegro restaurant this morning. We did and were given in transit cards with a number. When mine was called I jumped up and yelled "BINGO!" The nice man yelled back "you've won a nasal swab!"

I think I'll stick to Bingo in the Vista Lounge, way more fun. 

After that,  we moved to an area where we advanced in chairs until it was our time to shine,  noses front and center. 

Once tested, we joined the rear of the group for mimosas and pastries,  while one of the gents was explaining the technicalities of in transit. Waited ten minutes,  and "poof" good to go!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, jwattle said:

We had a note in our cabin yesterday inviting us to join the ship's most popular officers for a chat about in transit,  mimosas,  how accounts would be handled... oh,  and tests.  We would meet in Allegro restaurant this morning. We did and were given in transit cards with a number. When mine was called I jumped up and yelled "BINGO!" The nice man yelled back "you've won a nasal swab!"

I think I'll stick to Bingo in the Vista Lounge, way more fun. 

After that,  we moved to an area where we advanced in chairs until it was our time to shine,  noses front and center. 

Once tested, we joined the rear of the group for mimosas and pastries,  while one of the gents was explaining the technicalities of in transit. Waited ten minutes,  and "poof" good to go!

Much nicer experience than ours on the Emerald a few weeks ago!  And obviously, your results were much better than ours.  Any idea how many are doing the b2b?

Thank you for the update!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Much nicer experience than ours on the Emerald a few weeks ago!  And obviously, your results were much better than ours.  Any idea how many are doing the b2b?

Thank you for the update!

consuming copious amounts of wine along the way helps prevent the spread or infection of many types of viruses....😄 .. it does appear that the Discovery Princess will be in port with us tomorrow, which of course we will toast to 🍷

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, c-boy said:

consuming copious amounts of wine along the way helps prevent the spread or infection of many types of viruses....😄 .. it does appear that the Discovery Princess will be in port with us tomorrow, which of course we will toast to 🍷

It’s a full house in SP on Saturday morning: B93-Celebrity Eclipse; B92-Majestic; B50-Discovery; B46-Silver Muse.

• Like 2

If not a problem, can you check the area below the Deck 8 Suite E739 on the Starboard side.  Seems to be deck 6.  I am wondering is that the crew smoking area.  Info will be much appreciated.

Leg two,  day one...

Holy biscuits on toast, talk about change! We went from about 2100 to 3000 people and you could FEEL the difference. It's okay though,  the Majestic is royalty and bears the crowds gracefully as she should. The activities crew is planning more things to spread people out. 

We went by the International Cafe this morning and the line stretched clear to San Diego,  or close. I have to say,  at times like this,  the suite life is nice! Being able to go the concierge lounge,  Club Class Dining and the Suite Breakfast are lovely. 

Turnaround was a breeze. They gathered us at 930 in the Crown Grill,  walked us off to Customs and sent us to the in transit holding pen for about 40 minutes. There was one trio who stood by the door the whole time; I guess that being first back on is a thing. Does being 60th back on mean anything 🤔 😀? Found out there were 93 of us doing the turn. 

Enjoyed dinner in Harmony last night,  Trivia, and the much-talked-about yes/no game show. I signed up on a whim. The first contestant won 🏆,  which gave me some confidence as I happily slurped down my second Dirty Banana 🍌(potassium, of course). Then the next 8-10 were eliminated in 11 seconds to 1 minute and some change. At this point,  I hoped I wouldn't be called, so of course, the next thing I heard was "The Countess,  from Humboldt". Seriously?!?! WTH?! After Natalie did her usual,  making sure I knew the rules,  it was on: We dealt with "the Countess", my occupation, Humboldt and their agriculture,  etc." Somehow, and I still haven't figured it out,  I managed the three minutes without a yes, no or head nod. Yay! After that, we toodled back to the cabin to chill. 

• Like 7

Just got on board yesterday.First time in a suite! Very nice and a lot of included perks.

Ship is fairly full….3000. About a thousand more than last we we have been told. Everyone seems to be having fun very few wearing masks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

e went from about 2100 to 3000 people and you could FEEL the difference

We just got off on the 19th after two weeks and they said the number on the 12th was 2300, 2600 on the 5th. Who knows? Everyone has a different answer. 

But, either way, lucky you have a suite, it wasn't that great in the "real" world without the club class or special breakfast.  So many people, so little service. I actually think Princess has dropped the ball regarding handling the numbers.  Long lines in the dining rooms, long lines every where IMO.  Luckily we had a mini suite and were able to eat in our room a few times.

Congrats on the win, so lucky!! and the fun story about your royal background.  

Have fun! 

3 hours ago, jwattle said:

Leg two,  day one...

Holy biscuits on toast, talk about change! We went from about 2100 to 3000 people and you could FEEL the difference. It's okay though,  the Majestic is royalty and bears the crowds gracefully as she should. The activities crew is planning more things to spread people out. 

We went by the International Cafe this morning and the line stretched clear to San Diego,  or close. I have to say,  at times like this,  the suite life is nice! Being able to go the concierge lounge,  Club Class Dining and the Suite Breakfast are lovely. 

Turnaround was a breeze. They gathered us at 930 in the Crown Grill,  walked us off to Customs and sent us to the in transit holding pen for about 40 minutes. There was one trio who stood by the door the whole time; I guess that being first back on is a thing. Does being 60th back on mean anything 🤔 😀? Found out there were 93 of us doing the turn. 

Enjoyed dinner in Harmony last night,  Trivia, and the much-talked-about yes/no game show. I signed up on a whim. The first contestant won 🏆,  which gave me some confidence as I happily slurped down my second Dirty Banana 🍌(potassium, of course). Then the next 8-10 were eliminated in 11 seconds to 1 minute and some change. At this point,  I hoped I wouldn't be called, so of course, the next thing I heard was "The Countess,  from Humboldt". Seriously?!?! WTH?! After Natalie did her usual,  making sure I knew the rules,  it was on: We dealt with "the Countess", my occupation, Humboldt and their agriculture,  etc." Somehow, and I still haven't figured it out,  I managed the three minutes without a yes, no or head nod. Yay! After that, we toodled back to the cabin to chill. 

@jwattleI won that game in the Grand   in December. It started too with what I did for a living. The boos for what I did for a job took a few seconds. Then the cruise director asked me what my favorite ship was. I said the Coral to Panama Canal. It truly was an experience. Then he asked why. I said frankly, my husband and I had Nookie five times during the canal. And I frankly said it was neat because we actually got stuck in the canal. It was not meant to be literal, but it was taken that way. And I did not even realize what people were laughing about until I rewatched the playback. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4