If u miss the ship—ANY credit from Celebrity?

KKB

Delayed flight…not sure we will make it tomorrow.

it’s ok we use Chase Sapphire to pay for situations like this.

But we MIGHT be able to catch the Edge Sunday, Summit for sure Monday.

If I call will they rebook us?

6 minutes ago, KKB said:

call and find out

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Depending on the circumstances of missing the boat - will determine if you get credit or not.

Is your air through X or privately?

If privately, most likely not, but who knows for sure...

Good luck and bon voyage

No way for any of us to know.  I am assuming you did not use a travel agent, or it would be his or her job to work on this. Prepare to be on hold for a long time with Celebrity and also prepare for a “no” answer, primarily because they will have already submitted the manifests to TSA and it’s too late to book now

Edited by cruisestitch

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

No way for any of us to know.  I am assuming you did not use a travel agent, or it would be his or her job to work on this. Prepare to be on hold for a long time with Celebrity and also prepare for a “no” answer, primarily because they will have already submitted the manifests to TSA and it’s too late to book now

Never had a long wait time on hold, 18 minutes was the "worst I endured" but almost all others have been less than 5 minutes.

Wow.. that's quite a tough situation.   Hopefully they will get you there on a red eye or some other flight that gets you to the port on time.   If booked with Flights by Celebrity they may be able to assist but if not I would fear the "Cruise with Confidence" only applies to cancellations up to 48 hours of departure.

The Cancellation Notification Window is :

image.thumb.png.f37a292eeebb98b5dc4c642763b938cc.png

1 hour ago, KKB said:

OH NO!  Hope you will be able to make it, at least on Sunday!  Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!!!

Dadgum! No fun! 

As mentioned, the passenger manifest deadline is your real problem for rescheduling. You're already out of luck due Sunday, but you might be able to move to the Monday Summit sailing if you act today. 

If you're just a no-show, I don't think you get anything back except taxes and port fees. 

I'd get on the horn right now and see what your options are. 

• Like 1

I'd have one person working on Celebrity and another person working on figuring out how to get there on time.  Not sure how far you will get with Celebrity, would be a slippery slope for them.  Best of luck!

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Dadgum! No fun! 

As mentioned, the passenger manifest deadline is your real problem for rescheduling. You're already out of luck due Sunday, but you might be able to move to the Monday Summit sailing if you act today. 

If you're just a no-show, I don't think you get anything back except taxes and port fees. 

I'd get on the horn right now and see what your options are. 

Funny I can still book Sunday!

Jim_Lain…thank you for that 48 hour window. What confuses me is we leave on Saturday but can’t get our pre Covid tests until Thursday but that says we’d have to cancel by Wednesday….so if one of us tests positive and tries to cancel Thursday are we out of luck?

21 minutes ago, chip0320 said:

Jim_Lain…thank you for that 48 hour window. What confuses me is we leave on Saturday but can’t get our pre Covid tests until Thursday but that says we’d have to cancel by Wednesday….so if one of us tests positive and tries to cancel Thursday are we out of luck?

If one of you tests positive, you're able to work within a different program altogether.  Just be sure you have 'official' proof of your positive test (provided by anyone Celebrity would authorize to provide your test to begin with - an unproctored self-test won't do) to get the ball rolling and call per the Celebrity info below:

"If you receive a positive test result on your pre-cruise test, please call us at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide so we may assist with rescheduling your cruise vacation plans."

Edited by canderson
  • Thanks 1

Agree with @Essiesmom, if you miss a ship on Saturday, you can't just get on another ship on Sunday - even if it is a sister ship and similar itinerary.

Once, in Seattle there was an older couple who showed up for their HAL Amsterdam cruise, but they were actually booked on the Nieuw Amsterdam sailing out of Vancouver, BC on the same day.  There was nothing Seattle could do to help except figure out how to get these folks to Vancouver, BC   Staff found a taxi driver who had an Enhanced Driver's License who could get them across the border and to Canada Place for their cruise.  Luckily, it was mid morning when they left Seattle, and aside from a very expensive taxi ride, they got an amazing story to retell.   

1 hour ago, KKB said:

PHEW!

My paranoid was all for not!

On our connecting flight now!

THIS is why u buy insurance! (Or use a credit card with good travel insurance)

Chase Sapphire is truly an awesome "8 ball" to have. That said, hoping you will arrive safely and be able to embark on your sailing!

Enjoy your cruise 🙂

15 hours ago, chip0320 said:

If I'm not mistaken you would then fall under a different policy - Covid Assistance Program

COVID-19 Assistance*

Guests who book a Celebrity Cruise with a sail date on or before April 30, 2022, will have the following reassurances included at no extra charge. 

• 100% refund of your cruise fare, and your Traveling Party’s fares, if any of you test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.**
  • Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.  
  • If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Traveling Party.  

*Last modified October 22, 2021. Subject to change. “Traveling Party” means your family members living with you in the same household and traveling companions assigned to your stateroom on the cruise. Conditioned upon compliance with the Celebrity Cruises COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in effect at the time of the cruise.  Additional terms and conditions apply. See our COVID-19 Refund and Cancellations Policy and your Cruise Ticket Contract for details.

**To qualify for a refund, if your COVID-19 test was administered by a provider other than one retained by Celebrity, you must present your verified positive test result in a form acceptable to Celebrity.

On 3/11/2022 at 8:02 PM, chip0320 said:

Chase told me last week that Covid is a sickness which falls under covered reasons for trip cancellation.  My exact question was if I was denied boarding due to a failed Covid test would my credit card cover me.  Yes.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, labdoggomom said:

Chase told me last week that Covid is a sickness which falls under covered reasons for trip cancellation.  My exact question was if I was denied boarding due to a failed Covid test would my credit card cover me.  Yes.  

Good to hear.   I use my Chase Sapphire card fro all my travel arrangements.   I'm sure this might also help with a cancelled flight.

The Celebrity Covid policy would also cover you if you tested positive and submitted the positive test to them.   This would cover the Cruise Time to the 48 Hour if you didn't cancel for any reason.  

Wow.... so many policies to cover all types of situation.   

Edited by Jim_Iain