Complimentary in-suite specialty coffees in Suites

heidik

Not sure if fleet wise but we have had a coffee makers in RS and Above but they put tea kettles in our room in SS and above.     Your butler will deliver specialty coffee to you upon request.   I usually have a couple cappuccino's with my breakfast.   Pre-shutdown they use to make them with a Nescafe machine in the butlers pantry but since resumption they have been bring them from al Bacio

• Like 1

We have our Butler in a Sky Suite add several shots of espresso from Cafe Al Bacio to our coffee pot each morning and bring it to our cabin. This made a very weak pot of coffee just perfect the way we like. The Butlers will bring any specialty coffee to you from Cafe Al Bacio as well.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not sure if fleet wise but we have had a coffee makers in RS and Above but they put tea kettles in our room in SS and above. 

I'm assuming you were referring to Signature Suites? How does one differentiate Sky vs Signature when using the two letter abbreviations?

30 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'm assuming you were referring to Signature Suites? How does one differentiate Sky vs Signature when using the two letter abbreviations?

Signature Suite is only on the Reflection.  Sky Suite is usually noted as SS so I guess you would spell out Signature Suite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not sure if fleet wise but we have had a coffee makers in RS and Above but they put tea kettles in our room in SS and above.     Your butler will deliver specialty coffee to you upon request.   I usually have a couple cappuccino's with my breakfast.   Pre-shutdown they use to make them with a Nescafe machine in the butlers pantry but since resumption they have been bring them from al Bacio

There were no tea kettles in the Sky Suites on the Apex and the Reflection. If you're getting them when you stay in a Sky Suite that may be again due to your Zenith status.

16 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

There were no tea kettles in the Sky Suites on the Apex and the Reflection. If you're getting them when you stay in a Sky Suite that may be again due to your Zenith status.

It's pretty much SOP on UK cruises, and sometimes remain available on ships like Silhouette that sailed there.

Edited by canderson
Typoz

In our experience we have had coffee makers in PH but not always in RS. Never been automatically given a kettle and tea tray other than when cruising from the UK. However, world wide, we have requested a kettle through the shoreside concierge on a range of ships and it has always been arranged for us.

9 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I have requested then even when not sailing in a Sky suite and they have always accommodated. I definitely do not have Zenith status.

• Like 1

We were on Silhouette Jan 24 in a RS. No coffee maker. Our Retreat Host brought us coffees at breakfast, but we would go to the lounge or Al Bacio if we wanted one during the day. Having a coffee maker in the suite would be lovely.

6 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

We were on Silhouette Jan 24 in a RS. No coffee maker. Our Retreat Host brought us coffees at breakfast, but we would go to the lounge or Al Bacio if we wanted one during the day. Having a coffee maker in the suite would be lovely.

Just curious, did you ask your butler about getting a coffee maker or Nespresso machine? As we are booking hotels for our August cruise and land trip, I am seeing Nespresso machines being included in many of them. The company I retired from sold them to business customers and they make a very nice espresso and Americano cup of coffee.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, canderson said:

It's pretty much SOP on UK cruises, and sometimes remain available on ships like Silhouette that sailed there.

1 hour ago, Kam55 said:

I have requested then even when not sailing in a Sky suite and they have always accommodated. I definitely do not have Zenith status.

My reply was in response to Jim_Iain's post which implied that on his sailings there were either coffee makers or tea kettles automatically in certain Suite categories without a request or being in a certain sailing region. 

On Celebrity ships we have stayed mostly in SS and CS suites.  Never had a coffee maker or Nespresso.  On RCCL even the Jr Suites have coffee makers or electric tea kettles included from what I remember.  On Celebrity I don't mind going to Cafe al Bacio or The Retreat for coffee.

20 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

On Celebrity I don't mind going to Cafe al Bacio or The Retreat for coffee.

We really enjoy the CaB coffee too, but that 'first thing in the morning still in my jammies' cup isn't usually a very practical run.  We've had a Lavazza Blue in RS on recent sailings, but would use the butler as plan B if necessary.

I appreciate what the Lavazza machines and supplied pods produce, but for some, it may require dilution.  They're designed to make a really stiff near-true-espresso-strength, small, cup of coffee.

18 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

RS from Southampton last September we had a Nespresso type machine and I requested a kettle to make tea,. Not status based as only E+

I remember reading somewhere that cruises departing from the UK had what you describe above.

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

On Celebrity ships we have stayed mostly in SS and CS suites.  Never had a coffee maker or Nespresso.  On RCCL even the Jr Suites have coffee makers or electric tea kettles included from what I remember.  On Celebrity I don't mind going to Cafe al Bacio or The Retreat for coffee.

The Retreat Lounges have something similar to Nespresso machines with a pod type self-serve espresso machine, at least it was on the Equinox. It was actually a very good product.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I remember reading somewhere that cruises departing from the UK had what you describe above.

Exactly. That's the point I was trying to make.When one puts out information it's only really helpful to others if you put it in context. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

RS from Southampton last September we had a Nespresso type machine and I requested a kettle to make tea,. Not status based as only E+

Cruises out of Southampton have always had kettles in the cabins.  Australia usually but has been a long time.  Elsewhere no.