Has anyone done the Rapid NAAT test?

Our rapid antigen test at CVS for tomorrow got canceled (really didn't expect that) and so I scheduled at a Walgreen's drive-through. Choices were either PCR or this NAAT (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test, which IS mentioned on Royal's site - so should be accepted, although it's characterized as a PCR test. From RCL site:

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test – our testing requirements call this a “PCR test”
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test – our testing requirements call this an “antigen test"

14 minutes ago, Amanda31 said:

Are the employees patient to do multiple people? There's 4 of us and I'm feeling guilty we're going to hold up the line so long through the drive through. 

it will be your group of 4 holding up drive through if allowed since only one person can book 1 time slot or 4 individual cars with one person taking a test.  Either way, the emoloyee deals with it.  If you want to go on the cruise and this is your option, I would weigh the offending an employee doing their job vs possibly not going on cruise.

2 hours ago, Amanda31 said:

Are the employees patient to do multiple people? There's 4 of us and I'm feeling guilty we're going to hold up the line so long through the drive through. 

They will not do extra people if appointments are required. They will have the paperwork for only the person holding the appointment.  

2 hours ago, Amanda31 said:

As long as each of you has an appointment, they will do the tests on all four at the same time. If only one of you has an appointment and you are "piggy backing" the other three onto a single appointment, they may not do the others. They typically only prep and stage the number of tests that match the number of confirmed appointments for the day.

14 minutes ago, mafig said:

So I can make an appointment for DH and I together, right?

Make two back-to-back appointments e.g. you at 3:30PM and your DH at 3:45PM. You each need an appointment but can arrive together and will likely be done at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wife and I (back to back drive through appointments)  just did this 2 hours ago for this Sunday and at Walgreens it was a drive through and took about 30 seconds and just received the results. Had the NAAT Rapid Test. Thankfully very easy and quick. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, janetz said:
  • Do you show the results with the email as you board?
    how does that work?

When you check in at the port you can show them your printed results (which is what we do) or show them the test results on your phone.

We'Il be tested in Ft. Lauderdale after flying in from California.  Do Walgreens or CVS give printed copies?  If not, will I be able to print out from my cell phone at the hotel?  I'm not great with cell phone usage (senior citizen).

1 hour ago, welovetahiti said:

We'Il be tested in Ft. Lauderdale after flying in from California.  Do Walgreens or CVS give printed copies?  If not, will I be able to print out from my cell phone at the hotel?  I'm not great with cell phone usage (senior citizen).

You can ask them, for sure! I had to have them print my results from a January test, as the system was having a hard time emailing me my results. You could probably print them from your hotel, too - the concierge or front desk worker should be able to help you. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for your reply.  I'm hoping by being at the hotel 2 days before the cruise the staff won't be so busy in case I need assistance.  In the meantime, I've practiced doing screen shots of our boarding passes.  I'll screen shot the covid test results if I can't get printed copies.  

12 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

So uuuh is this the test that goes waaaay up your nose or just the little bit up your nose?

If you do the drive thru at Walgreen's, you swab your own nose from inside your vehicle.

Some are asking about multiple appointments...When our appointments are back to back, they did both of us at the same time. If there is even one appointment between you, you have to come back at the later time.

There is an App called CommonPass that is available at the play or apple stores. If you download your results to your phone you can show them with the app and if is easier for them to read than showing them the download.

I'm happy to see that MSC is accepting the IDNOW as we've found it to be the easiest.

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That depends on the tester. 

I thought they would tell you how far to put it up your nose? I’ve seen a few videos from different people doing their own test and being told to go further in but I don’t know which kind of test they were taking.

It doesn’t matter though. I’m prepared to tickle my brain to board Mardi Gras next month lol.