RCI European Sailing Protocols

With all these test people are taking along the way what happens if  anyone tests positive?..........Do all  the wheels stop turning and  are you quarantined right there(and for how long) and  everyone else proceeds with their land tour or cruise and you are left behind to fend for yourself. Is that what would happen?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

With all these test people are taking along the way what happens if  anyone tests positive?..........Do all  the wheels stop turning and  are you quarantined right there(and for how long) and  everyone else proceeds with their land tour or cruise and you are left behind to fend for yourself. Is that what would happen?

At least on a cruise you might quarantine on the ship. SOL on a bus land tour

6 hours ago, framboesa said:

I was checking the antigen tests in Barcelona and we found it from 25€ to 35€ in several places. I sent one e-mail to our hotel to ask for places to do it and there is one right in front of our hotel 🙂 Waiting to RC confirm the protocols for our sailing (May) but at least we have several plan B in our Google maps 😉

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/covid/covid-19-pcr-test-in-barcelona.html

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

At least on a cruise you might quarantine on the ship. SOL on a bus land tour

Just think on your world cruise if this is still going on and they don't allow cruisers to quarantine on the ship........they will be leaving passengers all over the world and come back to the final destination with a ship half full.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just think on your world cruise if this is still going on and they don't allow cruisers to quarantine on the ship........they will be leaving passengers all over the world and come back to the final destination with a ship half full.

I love Radiance class ships, including Serenade, but no way could I handle that much time on that small ship…… or any ship now that I think about it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I love Radiance class ships, including Serenade, but no way could I handle that much time on that small ship…… or any ship now that I think about it.

So  true, love that class of ship. But 3 weeks or so would be plenty for us. After that, get me off the ship.

World cruise is an awful long time to commit to no  matter how much you love to cruise.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So  true, love that class of ship. But 3 weeks or so would be plenty for us. After that, get me off the ship.

World cruise is an awful long time to commit to no  matter how much you love to cruise.

You have no vision

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Well, in this case, the ship is not the destination.😉

I really can't think of a better ship to do it on. She has the highest space to passenger ratio in the fleet. They didn’t add a bunch of JS's in the spa like Jewel did.

Plenty of al fresco dining, great solarium, small enough to get into unique ports, great lounges, low passenger count to not overwhelm the mass tours, etc...

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I really can't think of a better ship to do it on. She has the highest space to passenger ratio in the fleet. They didn’t add a bunch of JS's in the spa like Jewel did.

Plenty of al fresco dining, great solarium, small enough to get into unique ports, great lounges, low passenger count to not overwhelm the mass tours, etc...

I just scrolled through the itinerary and my finger cramped up. Just to long, more power to you, that you want to do it. Hope all works out for you and it's everything you hope it will be.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I just scrolled through the itinerary and my finger cramped up. Just to long, more power to you, that you want to do it. Hope all works out for you and it's everything you hope it will be.

Chichen Itza

NYE in Rio

Antarctica and the Horn

Machu Pichu

Great Wall of China

Hong Kong

Mt Fuji

Taj Mahal

Petra, been there but super cool

Great Pyramids

Constantinople

Casablanca

It'll probably kill me, but what a way to go.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Are you going on it? I get what you said, the ports sound amazing, but I still couldn’t do it. Even one leg is too long.  And I have a hard enough time convincing hubby to do a TA 😉

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Are you going on it? I get what you said, the ports sound amazing, but I still couldn’t do it. Even one leg is too long.  And I have a hard enough time convincing hubby to do a TA 😉

Yes. John and his Wife are going...........the dog is staying home pissed off !

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, jamessophie said:

Can an unvaccinated 11 get off the ship with out doing a royal trip?

Fully vaccinated guests and unvaccinated kids can visit ports of call freely. However, additional testing requirements may exist in some countries for guests who are not considered up to date by EMA standards. These standards currently apply to guests age 6 and above for stops in Italy, and guests 12 and above for the rest of Europe.

Onboard 
Guests who are considered unvaccinated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or who are not up-to-date with their vaccines will require additional testing during our sailings. This test is at the guest's expense if they are ages 12 and up and considered unvaccinated or if they are not up-to-date at the price of $55 USD per test. These guests will receive registration information once onboard based on the below.

• During the Cruise: Depending on our itinerary, guests 12 and older — or 6 and older in Italian ports — will have additional testing requirements.
  • Prior to Disembarking: Guests 12 and older who meet the above criteria will test before disembarking.

Guests under 2 years old are not required to test.

Edited by little britain

4 minutes ago, jamessophie said:

Can an unvaccinated 11 get off the ship with out doing a royal trip?

I'm still reading through it and it's not entirely clear. It looks as though they will be able to but will have to be tested onboard. For U12s, this testing appears to be free.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-am-not-up-to-date-on-vaccinations-in-europe-where-will-i-need-additional-testing

One day testing sailing out of Rome. It looks like you can't test prior to the flight to Rome unless you are flying the day before the cruise and you would have only the morning to get the test. This is crazy!

Does anyone read into the notice that you can just get tested by RCL just before boarding?

Otherwise we have to scramble in Rome for a test and pay who knows what.

e

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

Looks like the ones in Civitavecchia will have to do for me! 

I found one 130 metres from the hotel we're staying, so fingers crossed we'll be able to get it done there.