Canada lifting testing requirements April 01

kaerofan

5 hours ago, vickie_bernie said:

For my American friends here.

Any word about US removing covid tests requirements for fully vaccinated when flying into US.  Currently test Is required from day prior.  

Hoping US will change soon

The US Senate just passed a bill getting rid of masks on Planes,Trains...but it looks like the old man will veto it...We American's have our problems too....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

The US Senate just passed a bill getting rid of masks on Planes,Trains...but it looks like the old man will veto it...We American's have our problems too....

I heard that it was no masks o  airplanes as of April 19th.

This is a meaningless discussion unless the House of Representatives passes the same bill. The “old man’’ would not see it otherwise. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/our-government/the-legislative-branch/

In order to pass legislation and send it to the President for his or her signature, both the House and the Senate must pass the same bill by majority vote. If the President vetoes a bill, they may override his veto by passing the bill again in each chamber with at least two-thirds of each body voting in favor.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

4 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

This is a meaningless discussion unless the House of Representatives passes the same bill. The “old man’’ would not see it otherwise. 

I learned this from Schoolhouse Rock somewhere between cartoons I've long forgotten about.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

The current masking requirement was extended until April 19.

By that date it could possibly be extended again.

I'm hopeful that it won't be if we can somehow dodge the increase in cases that is happening in some other countries.  I have a cruise just after April 19, so it would be nice to see it go.

Back on subject, this is obviously good news for Canada, its citizens, and potential visitors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/our-government/the-legislative-branch/

In order to pass legislation and send it to the President for his or her signature, both the House and the Senate must pass the same bill by majority vote. If the President vetoes a bill, they may override his veto by passing the bill again in each chamber with at least two-thirds of each body voting in favor.

Thank you. ♡

• Like 1

At today's press conference, federal officials said that testing will not be required for cruise ships arriving or stopping in Canadian ports.  A pre-departure test will still be required before boarding a cruise that starts in Canada.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, caribill said:

The current masking requirement was extended until April 19.

By that date it could possibly be extended again.

Yes, I realize that. It was originally to end March 19th and then extended to April 19th.

On 3/16/2022 at 11:24 PM, mpdog42 said:

too funny of a comment.

And do not forget voting to keep Day light savings time.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 11:34 AM, westcoaster said:

At today's press conference, federal officials said that testing will not be required for cruise ships arriving or stopping in Canadian ports.  A pre-departure test will still be required before boarding a cruise that starts in Canada.

Yes, you can come into Canada without a test but you can't leave without a test.

• Like 1