is the tram in Coco cay free?

I have never tried to tip nor seen anyone do so.  I doubt that they would refuse.

The trams run one way from the end of the pier, counter clockwise. So if you want to go the left at the end, it may be quicker to walk than to wait for the tram, then ride all the way around to the end.

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

Although the trams are free, so is walking, and often times faster to walk, than to wait for a tram

I have never had to wait more than a minute for another tram to come along. Also they’re very helpful for people with mobility issues. 

Yes - complimentary.  There is a tram to get from the ship, down the pier.  And another tram to get around the island.

For a first time visitor,  simply taking the tram  around the small island is a great way to see where everything is located. 

M

• Like 3

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

Will the tram drivers accept tips?

I go around a couple of times on the tram at Labadee and i tip the driver a fiver.

He most graciously accepts it with many thanks .

• Like 2

11 hours ago, herbanrenewal said:

On the Royal website I see fees based excursions. If i want to just go to Chill Island for a swim and snorkeling with our own equipment. Can we just get off ship, catch a tram to Chill Island, hop in water, and go back to the ship afterwards?

Trams are free, and run frequently, but unfortunately they don't get particularly close to Chill Island. I have mobility restrictions and we found it worked better to skip the tram and just use one of the beach wheelchairs. 

If walking isn't an issue, it's probably faster and more convenient. That being said, the tram loop is a nice way to see the island. 🙂 

On 3/17/2022 at 8:05 PM, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Trams are free, and run frequently, but unfortunately they don't get particularly close to Chill Island. I have mobility restrictions and we found it worked better to skip the tram and just use one of the beach wheelchairs. 

The tram stops at the Chill Cafe. Less than a minute walk to the cafe. Less than a minute to the beach. 

A "golf cart' tram run from the gangway to the island. Then you transfer to a tram to take you around the island. Going back to the ship, we have had the golf carts pick us up and take us directly to the gangway (although transferring at the tram hub is more normal). Been to CocoCay 4 times in the last 6 months. 

22 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The tram stops at the Chill Cafe. Less than a minute walk to the cafe. Less than a minute to the beach. 

Oops, apologies, I should have specified that I was referring to the Chill Island day bed & snorkel shack area, in the far "southwest" (if the Coco Cay map actually corresponded to the compass) corner.

And in retrospect, it wasn't even helpful information since the OP mentioned using her own equipment! 😂