Celebrity cruise items off your packing list

mfs2k

I used to bring vodka packed in water bottles before AI and before the cruise lines caught on. It was fine until my wife returned from the spa one afternoon and took a big swig from a bottle, thinking it was water.  Oops. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I used to bring vodka packed in water bottles before AI and before the cruise lines caught on. It was fine until my wife returned from the spa one afternoon and took a big swig from a bottle, thinking it was water.  Oops. 

There is a certain poster here that goes crazy when anyone breaks the "rules", nice guy but it irks him to no end.  You better get ready to be scolded!  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Just curious - are these items you are suggesting to include, or remove, from your packing list? The OP suggested items that they used to pack, but apparently no longer do - as would also be suggested by their thread title.

I was thinking the same thing.  About all that wasn't on his no-pack list were a bathing suit and some flip-flops.  Hard to get dinner with such a slim wardrobe!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

There is a certain poster here that goes crazy when anyone breaks the "rules", nice guy but it irks him to no end.  You better get ready to be scolded!  🙂

This was 15-20 years ago. Let ‘er rip. 

• Haha 2

I had a brother in-law who ..will go nameless... that once suggested packing wine in a box..without the box. Never tried that my self..but since I like red... well, my second biggest fear would be that it leaked.... 🙂 

While I prefer an actual book I hesitate to bring my iPad loaded with books as I enjoy reading by the pool or up in the sky lounge. What do you e readers do when you want to just pop into the restroom, go for a quick dip or grab a bite? Take everything with you or leave it hidden on your lounger? I’m afraid of returning to my chair and my iPad is missing. An actual book stolen would be sad but not the end of the world. Also, same issues at a beach where I enjoy reading my book but couldn’t imagine taking an iPad or reader and leaving it while I take a dip. Am I just paranoid? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

While I prefer an actual book I hesitate to bring my iPad loaded with books as I enjoy reading by the pool or up in the sky lounge. What do you e readers do when you want to just pop into the restroom, go for a quick dip or grab a bite? Take everything with you or leave it hidden on your lounger? I’m afraid of returning to my chair and my iPad is missing. An actual book stolen would be sad but not the end of the world. Also, same issues at a beach where I enjoy reading my book but couldn’t imagine taking an iPad or reader and leaving it while I take a dip. Am I just paranoid? 

Get a $65 Kindle. Not only is the cost of theft less, it works better in the sun. No glare like on an iPad screen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Things that I no longer bring that I did take with us 20 years ago: tux, laptop, camcorder, Captains Club pins, and lots of paperwork (cruise ticket, reservation confirmations, maps).

Things that I bring now that I didn't take 20 years ago: iPhone, iPad, and door stops.

On 3/18/2022 at 10:11 AM, Lisah101 said:

I'm with you as I can never decide which books I'll feel like reading so I have my iPad with hundreds of books available.  Love that it's so easy to bring a whole library with me.

I also carry several (for real) books, sometimes even the big, bulky hardbacks.  Haven't gotten used to reading from a screen.  However, I no longer bring formal gowns.  I do bring maxi-dresses.  No more slips or heeled shoes!  Hubby still brings a tux, but I will be in dressy top/pants.  Bring almost no makeup anymore (sorry if I scare you!)  Unfortunately, since CoVID and lack of CC meet and greets, don't bring mardi gras beads now.

19 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Just curious - are these items you are suggesting to include, or remove, from your packing list? The OP suggested items that they used to pack, but apparently no longer do - as would also be suggested by their thread title.

@DaKahuna a nudist... JK  

On 3/18/2022 at 9:48 AM, phoenix_dream said:

You are not alone! I much prefer having an actual book in hand. So disappointed Celebrity is doing away with their libraries. 

On our first Celebrity cruise, my son found a graphic novel that he was planning to purchase in the library the first day. This was one of the things that made us switch our allegence from Princess to Celebrity 

47 minutes ago, MadisonMom said:

On our first Celebrity cruise, my son found a graphic novel that he was planning to purchase in the library the first day. This was one of the things that made us switch our allegence from Princess to Celebrity 

I’m confused?  Because he found a graphic novel on Celebrity you switched your allegiance from Princess to Celebrity?

Edited by LGW59