Celebrity and Matching Boarding Day Shirts

PinkSandGirl

For your spreadsheet, my husband and I not only use lanyards, I pack them where they are easily accessible in carry on luggage so that one of our first stops can be Guest Services for a hole punch in our sea passes. The cards then immediately are placed on the lanyards.

As far as matching shirts, I have never worn one, but I do smile when I see them.

On our 2/14/22 Constellation cruise, there was group of women that were traveling  on a girlfriend getaway. No husbands or other significant others in sight. They had different matching tee shirts that  were themed for each day of the cruise (the sea day one did get several wearings).

The shirts were funny and I enjoyed seeing them each day.

We are going on a family reunion cruise at the end of June. My sister offered a tee shirt design for the group. I passed on the offer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ORV said:

I thought this thread was going to be about twinkies. I'm always amused by the matching couples, especially when even the shoes and socks match. Really? I'm kind of in to the individual thing. 

The funny thing is the longer you are married, the more tee shirts you may have in common.

There have been times when after dressing separately and seeing each other, we start laughing because we both put on the same tee and same color shorts.

• Like 2

I have the same response to all apparel related questions. Stay within the cruise rules and I don't care. Wear a matching t shirt if it makes you happy. Wear a lanyard if that's your preference. Wear a formal gown or tux or don't. None of that will have any impact on my enjoyment of my time aboard. I'll not waste any precious time on a cruise passing judgement. I hope everyone has as much fun with their choices on their cruise as DH and I do with ours.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

What are you referring to? The yellow snack cake are something else entirely? 

It's a term for couples that dress the same. I'm sure you've seen them. 

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Do you just wear them on boarding day or the entire cruise? 

Just on boarding day until dinner and sometimes change back into it if we don't feel like staying dressed up after dinner. 

🍹

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

@PinkSandGirlI Never been on an Edge-class vessel before.  Going on Constellation around the Greek islands later this year. 

The Beyond will be our first E-class.  There are parts of the S-class I'll miss but I'm keeping an open mind for a new class of ship and the things that make it unique.  The Beyond has a few changes from the Edge & Apex so I thought, "Why Not?"  

Very nice.  The Greek islands.  I do want to do that one day.  

🍹

2 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

Last cruise we had over 200 hookers sailing onboard that all wore matching t-shirts. 

They were all part of an international crochet club...... 🙂

I was like, What?  Hookers.  😅

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, PTC DAWG said:

I see references to spreadsheets, are we working or on vacation?  🙂

The spreadsheet for the lanyard/matching shirts tally was a joke.  😉 I can start one though.  😉

I do have spreadsheets for my trip planning though. 😃

🍹

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ORV said:

It's a term for couples that dress the same. I'm sure you've seen them. 

Gotcha. Never heard this term for that. The twinkie cakes are always packaged two together, hence the nickname. 

12 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

The spreadsheet for the lanyard/matching shirts tally was a joke.  😉 I can start one though.  😉

🍹

Love your sense of humor, Pink!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I was like, What?  Hookers.  😅

My DH is a fisherman and has several shirts in the vein of "Hug your local hookers." I do not have any, so we can't match. 🤣

• Haha 2

I have no problem with lanyards or matching t-shirts.

A few of my very active CC roll calls have had matching shirts. My favorite was “Millie’s Marauders” for a TA with an image of the ship and the itinerary.  Then again there was an ugly one that I wore once and then it just took up space in my luggage.  Have seen some quality control issues over the years where the odd fit made the shirt unwearable or the shirt didn’t survive a single washing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PinkSandGirl said:

🍹

That would be great..maybe the Wife and I can match all week..  🙂

12 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Hi!  No, none of the above.  Have businesses of my own along with family who has another business so between the businesses we make everything ourselves with large commercial equipment.  In between all of the large projects, it's nice to make our own smaller custom things that I design.  😉

Thanks for the interest and asking. 😃

🍹

That's fantastic. I'm a big believer in supporting family businesses.

I hemmed and hawed for about 2 years before I finally broke down and bought a Cricut in January of 2020. I had feared that, with my youngest graduating HS, and us planning to travel nearly full time, I simply wouldn't get enough use out of it. Ha! I use it all the time. I ended up making lots of matching shirts, not for a cruise, but for my son and his friends whose senior year fell apart. I even ended up making one for the granddaughter of a poster on this forum. I don't have any grandkids to spoil, but I have the next best thing: a younger cousin who has a toddler. 

I joked with my husband that I should make him a shirt that says something like "I could have been sailing in Aqua Class, but my wife bought a Cricut and spends our upgrade money crafting." He laughed. If I can figure out a way to word it that doesn't sound as sexist, I just might follow through. 

IMG_0788.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

That's fantastic. I'm a big believer in supporting family businesses.

I hemmed and hawed for about 2 years before I finally broke down and bought a Cricut in January of 2020. I had feared that, with my youngest graduating HS, and us planning to travel nearly full time, I simply wouldn't get enough use out of it. Ha! I use it all the time. I ended up making lots of matching shirts, not for a cruise, but for my son and his friends whose senior year fell apart. I even ended up making one for the granddaughter of a poster on this forum. I don't have any grandkids to spoil, but I have the next best thing: a younger cousin who has a toddler. 

I joked with my husband that I should make him a shirt that says something like "I could have been sailing in Aqua Class, but my wife bought a Cricut and spends our upgrade money crafting." He laughed. If I can figure out a way to word it that doesn't sound as sexist, I just might follow through. 

Nice!  That's good you enjoy making things and I'm sure when you make things for other people they appreciate it.  😃

That's funny about the AquaClass shirt.   You should make it.  😉

When I planned my first cruise, as I was planning,  I thought we definitely need shirts.  First, why not?  Second, it would be easy to spot everyone that day so it was helpful.  Since then, every cruise...we have shirts.   Everyone knows the color ahead of time and they get the shirts a couple weeks before the cruise so they can wash them and coordinate what else to wear.   If they aren't sure what size, I have samples they can try on before their shirt is made.  

___ Our Custom Tee is a spot on the Cruise Packing Checklist I give to everyone. 😉

🍹

• Like 1

We have done matching cruise shirts for our family reunion cruises.. We generally do a cruise bag for eveyone.. My daughter designs our T-shirt and then I will make a wooden sand dollar ornament and my daughter will paint the same design.. then we fill it with beach stuff... the night before everyone gets thier bags.... We will wear the matching shirts on an excursion.. that way I can keep track of everyone easier...  The rest of the cruise no matchy matchy

My wife is a lanyard person

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Homosassa said:

For your spreadsheet, my husband and I not only use lanyards, I pack them where they are easily accessible in carry on luggage so that one of our first stops can be Guest Services for a hole punch in our sea passes. The cards then immediately are placed on the lanyards.

I am with you, regarding the lanyards - although I only once had the hole punched, as the style of lanyard I now use really doesn't call for that. But indeed, like you, I pack my lanyard in my carryon so that as soon as I get my Seapass card, in it goes.  I don't wear my lanyard to dinner, but I do stick it in my evening bag - the lanyard makes it very easy to grab in my evening bag, easy to find.  Never once have I lost my Seapass card - it's always in my lanyard, either around my neck or in my day bag on a shore excursion or in my evening bag - never any fiddling around with a wallet or an inner pocket, I always can find it instantly.  

And the person who mentioned a map dress on Amazon......you sent me straight there, looking at them, very appealing!

I don't understand why people have a problem with other people wearing lanyards. I think they're very convenient. I don't wear one because I hate the feeling of it bouncing off my stomach when I walk.

My husband and I have worn matching shirts but we don't make a practice of it. You should have seen the whole cruise wearing matching shirts on the Star Trek Cruise!

15 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

That's great!   😉

🍹

Does the name Luca Brasi mean anything to you? 😂 

(Been on a Godfather kick lately. That wouldn't be a family I'd join...)

Edited by markeb

35 minutes ago, markeb said:

Does the name Luca Brasi mean anything to you? 😂 

(Been on a Godfather kick lately. That wouldn't be a family I'd join...)

Not quite sure what you mean?  Hopefully it doesn't mean any sleeping with the fishes talk.  😅🐠

🍹