The Daily for Sunday 03/20/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It is cold this morning 36F but is sunny and will be a beautiful day in the upper 60's so a great day for the Folds of Honor Race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.  Folds of Honor is an organization that awards scholarships to families of fallen and disabled service members.  A worthy endeavor.  

Today's port is Dravuni Island, Fiji which was also shown here on Sept. 23, 2021.  I haven't been to any ports in Fiji and would love to include that in future travels.  Hoping for photos from someone today.  Our menu suggestion sounds good (one pan Tuscan ravioli). Debbie @dfishshowed us some nice variations.  Glad to hear we are celebrating an international day of happiness.  So many people could use some happiness right now.  International earth day is a good day to reflect on this planet we call home.  It seems that extraterrestrial abductions aren't as common as they were in the 1950's to 1970's.  Now that we all carry cell phones we could capture lots more videos and photos so isn't it strange they don't seem to occur that often anymore? 👽  hmmmm...

@cat shepardhappy birthday wishes to your sister.🎂Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor posting our Daily.  Thanks also to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  It's exciting to think about booking and taking some cruises again so I'm happy for you.  Cheers to all who are on the Celebration list!🥂  For those who need our prayers, I am right there with you asking for help, healing, strength, and acceptance.  For the Ukrainian people I pray for peace and safety from their oppressors.  The outright bombing of shelters and civilian homes is a heinous act.  Prayers for all.🙏

DD told me yesterday her pup Gracie seemed to awake having a seizure, her first ever.  Very scary for them and I hope this is not a sign of things to come.  She's only 6 years old.  So I've added Gracie to my prayer list.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1g3KsvYcYyLc3G4OL8PB8VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1613850871

Gracie looks gorgeous.

I hope her seizure was a one off and she has a long life with your lovely daughter.

Graham.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @puppycanducruise, @marshhawk, and @grapau27for your concern on Gracie's health.  I just sent DD an article on dog seizures to her to read and suggested they follow up with their vet ASAP.  I think she's at church right now so she will have that information awaiting her when she returns home.  Gracie is a great dog, she doesn't cause a ruckus in the house, eating things, scratching things up, etc.  She's calm unless she has an invader in her back yard.  And she loves to cuddle.  I'd hate for anything bad to happen to her so young.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

I'm up early today, I'll probably need a nap this afternoon.  Good morning, all, and thank you to Rich, Roy, the F&B ladies and everyone.  Thanks, Graham,  for Father David's sermon, good way to start off another Sunday in Lent.  We are not going to go to church today, but will "attend" Mass on the computer.  I was unhappy to be with so many unmasked people last week sitting close together for an hour,  and as we are going to be travelling soon, I don't want to risk it!  My cousin's daughter and one of her DGDs both had covid last week, fortunately quite mildly, but it's certainly here.  (They both work with children, so that is probably where it came from.)   I'll pray today for all on the Cares list.

We have been to Fiji, but not Dravuni Island.   I don't think we'll be having pasta tonight, but I will think about it.  I am getting tired of thinking of what to cook, and always appreciate when DD offers to do it.  But I have a feeling she has a lot of leftovers in her fridge to get through today, so maybe I'll get out a steak for Pat and me.  Baked potato and some veg, and Pat always wants a dessert.  Or fruit.  Okay, good, thinking over.  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! It is still dark here, so not sure what the day will look like here. We are supposed to get some rain, but it hasn’t started yet. Bindi is not happy with the time change. She does not like to go out in the morning when it is dark. Right now she is snoring gently next to me on the sofa.

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Your cruises sound wonderful!  Morning Dailyites!  Celebrating my Sister’s birthday today. Heading to the gym early, then off to Aldi.

Some random smiles for the first day of Spring!

70D270D3-CB76-41F3-A52D-69A76CFFC13F.jpeg.0854a020f6a9a07bd79c227edcde77ee.jpeg

F4115810-5DDD-4755-834C-454618026993.jpeg.5df441b33e4ef0a8d076cfbc60b20f18.jpeg

Some days are like this….

D6F1CBC7-0B97-4A68-97E9-7D82E398A138.jpeg.241a2b2098645b1e69c0856ec7261daa.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Surrau 2020 Branu (Vermentino di Gallura)
This white sounds so enticing. Perfect for a hot summer day. I have never heard of this type of wine before, so I have to hunt this down. Several online distributors with prices starting at $17.99.

Winemaker Notes

Fresh and crisp, the palate is a mix of citrus, white pepper, green apple and floral notes with salty mineral undertones and just a bitter hint of almond. It is one of the most successful wines made at Surrau and now a benchmark for the Vermentino di Gallura category.

WE93  Wine Enthusiast

This savory, enticing white will transport you to the seaside thanks to aromas that recall Mediterranean brush, white spring wildflowers, a sea breeze and a warm, sandy beach. On the delicious palate, tangy acidity accompanies ripe white peach, lemon drop candy and saline.

Wishing  your  sister a  very  happy birthday.

Jim.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

I hope there are no alien abductions. 😉

I can think of some people the aliens could abduct that may improve the earth for International Earth Day 🙂 One of them sounds like a dish from Quebec. 

• Like 23
  • Haha 9

Good morning!  The birds are singing, the sun is shining - it must be Spring!  It is to be about 80 today with storms and rain tomorrow.  Definitely Spring!  I am Lopper Girl in this household.  Yesterday I trimmed back some shaggy growth, with a little bit more to do today.  Fitbit was proud of me, my back not so much.

I missed some great posts later yesterday!  @Cruising-alongthanks so much for the pictures from the HAL show.  It looks very well done, and as if it would have been lots of fun.

@dfishyour quilts are so pretty!  I appreciated your explanation of sewing the strips, although you may have given away some of the quilting sorority’s trade secrets!

@rafinmd please include yourself in the celebrations for your wonderful upcoming cruises!

My heart is with Jacqui and her men, Tana, others with concerns, and of course 🇺🇦

My best to all

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

I can think of some people the aliens could abduct that may improve the earth for International Earth Day 🙂 One of them sounds like a dish from Quebec. 

I can  think  of  one called  PUTIN.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning all!

We have grey skies on this first day of spring, only in the mid 40's.  But no rain, so that's good.  We'll be going with all the "kids" and grandkids to go see the cherry blossoms at the UW Quad this morning. It will be a nice family outing.

Interesting collection of days today.  The wine does sound very good, as does the drink.  I was disappointed yesterday that our Total Wine didn't have yesterday's NZ wine of the day -- and the usual ones they had seemed a bit more expensive than usual (like most things I guess). 

Ravioli is my favorite pasta, I would like the last recipe best I think. 

@StLouisCruisersSandi I hope Gracie's seizure was a one-time thing, and that they can find out what caused it.  She's a cutie.

@cat shepardAnn Happy Birthday to your sister!

@rafinmdRoy how exciting about your cruises!

@Live4cruisesRobin it was a lot of fun yesterday, and exciting and heart-warming to see the folks so excited about the Alaska season after a long dry spell for them.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

@Vict0riann, thank you for that heads up!  I haven’t been on that roll cal, so didn’t see that.  Our flight lands at 10, so I’m hopeful things will be clearing by the time we get our bags organized.  I’m so glad we’re arriving rather than departing (for many reasons!).  Fortunately there is only one ship in port the last time I checked.  

We also have priority boarding, and I am optimistic that we will be aboard before our official 1:00 time. 🤞

• Like 18

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday!  

The corned beef yesterday was so good but too small!  I told Craig that I hope TJ’s has more left, they only have it seasonally. Today I’m making the Nobu style sablefish with rice. I like ravioli but very simple with just a rosa sauce. 

Sandi @StLouisCruisers — how scary about Gracie’s seizure. Keep us updated on what happens. 

Ann @cat shepard — Happy Birthday to your sister today!  🧁🎈🎉

Roy @rafinmd — Your upcoming cruises look super!  Not having ever been on Cunard I’m not sure what type of cabin a Princess Grill is— can you explain?

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

@rafinmd,Roy I am excited for you to have those cruises scheduled and tried to talk DH into the NY  round trip Canadian cruise.He is not excited about the dressing up component. I then asked DD  if she would be interested....or I would be fine going solo!Thanks for the inspiration. 

@cat shepard,Happy Birthday to your sister

@StLouisCruisers,Sandi, I hope sweet Gracie is ok.She is adorable .

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, all, and Happy Earth Day! We’ve never been to Fiji at all, but I’ve always wanted to. All pictures appreciated!
Ravioli sounds good, but I’ve never seen the gluten free version in stores.  Making my own from scratch is a lot of time and effort, so not in today’s plans.  I made a GF lemon meringue pie last night for lunch with DHs cousins today. Their plans have changed and they aren’t coming for lunch after all. We’re all meeting at the theater instead. Well, we still get a show, the house is clean, and we have a fresh lemon meringue pie for ourselves. That fills the bill for Happiness day!

Happy Sunday, everyone! I wouldn’t mind being abducted by aliens, as long as they put me on a BHB when they beamed me back!😄

E5191D84-B252-408C-AFA0-B986503D0D74.thumb.jpeg.5e7ce02943f9b1f1090245b8a3f64ca6.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Haha 1

Good morning. It is a gloomy day here. I think the rain we are threatened with may appear. Temps are in the 40's, so cold rain rather than snow. Whatever it is, I hope it clears tomorrow so we can get on with the shelter roofing and begin work on one area of the kennels themselves. 

This is going to be a very unexciting day for me (I hope). Lots of paperwork to be done this afternoon. And the way I am feeling, a nap will be order.

Best wishes to all. Hope we can all avoid abductions (like others, I have a list of those who" never would be missed"). My evening meal will be my usual "clear out the frig" Sunday supper. Hope those who are not well will find paths to improvement opening up and that includes our fur friends to whom Bandit sends his best wishes along with mine.

Susan

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

I meant to say, Gracie looks lovely and reminds me of our baby Bella, who was also a great cuddler.  I hope they find out what caused the seizure.   Don't want that to happen again.

Our Bella

IMGP2421.thumb.JPG.a2f6c1eb0f035aafbdcc41036b836393.JPG

Bella looks like she has more poodle in her than Gracie.  Your Bella was so white and fluffy!  Very sweet looking.

Gracie is a poodle/Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mix (cavapoo) and used to have tan coloring on her ears when younger.  The spaniel in her is why she's so good at hunting in the yard, and stops to sniff at every blade of grass when walked outside her yard.  

Edited by StLouisCruisers
correct word
  • Like 21

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It is cold this morning 36F but is sunny and will be a beautiful day in the upper 60's so a great day for the Folds of Honor Race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.  Folds of Honor is an organization that awards scholarships to families of fallen and disabled service members.  A worthy endeavor.  

Today's port is Dravuni Island, Fiji which was also shown here on Sept. 23, 2021.  I haven't been to any ports in Fiji and would love to include that in future travels.  Hoping for photos from someone today.  Our menu suggestion sounds good (one pan Tuscan ravioli). Debbie @dfishshowed us some nice variations.  Glad to hear we are celebrating an international day of happiness.  So many people could use some happiness right now.  International earth day is a good day to reflect on this planet we call home.  It seems that extraterrestrial abductions aren't as common as they were in the 1950's to 1970's.  Now that we all carry cell phones we could capture lots more videos and photos so isn't it strange they don't seem to occur that often anymore? 👽  hmmmm...

@cat shepardhappy birthday wishes to your sister.🎂Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor posting our Daily.  Thanks also to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  It's exciting to think about booking and taking some cruises again so I'm happy for you.  Cheers to all who are on the Celebration list!🥂  For those who need our prayers, I am right there with you asking for help, healing, strength, and acceptance.  For the Ukrainian people I pray for peace and safety from their oppressors.  The outright bombing of shelters and civilian homes is a heinous act.  Prayers for all.🙏

DD told me yesterday her pup Gracie seemed to awake having a seizure, her first ever.  Very scary for them and I hope this is not a sign of things to come.  She's only 6 years old.  So I've added Gracie to my prayer list.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1g3KsvYcYyLc3G4OL8PB8VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1613850871

Sorry to hear about the seizure.  Definitely very scary.  River had a few seizures.   It is currently under control.  She is on phenobarbital twice a day and has been seizure free for about two years.  Thank goodness for pill pockets since she’d make me bleed if I had to give the pill to her by hand.

• Like 21

Good morning and thanks all! Interesting wine and dinner!  Prayers to all who need them. 
@smitty34877 DH wasn’t sure either about Cunard, but men  just need a jacket.  So easy to throw one on in the evening, a tie wasn’t necessary most nights.     The best part is the afternoon teas, amazing scones and a harpist.  It’s worth a try at least once!   The spiral staircase libraries are also incredible. 
happy first day of spring, although it’s snowing here🤷‍♀️

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

For the 'cat lovers' - an update on Stepan the Cat - social media's missing cat.  😺

Stepan, the world-famous Ukrainian cat, finds safety in France - The Washington Post

Let me know if you are unable to read the article on The Washington Post's website and I'll post a PDF of the article.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8