Covid Testing Q & A: Locations, Requirements etc.

marazul

OregonGal56,

First Med sounds like a good option for just before our cruise in October! My only problem they are not open on Sunday. Celebrity requires 24 hour testing & our ship leaves on Monday! Thanks for the information and will use if the cruise line changes rules again!

I hadn't noticed the sticky previously but I posted this link in the "Hotels" thread in response to a post there:

https://www.salutelazio.it/elenco-farmacie-che-eseguono-tamponi-antigenici-rapidi

It shows pharmacies in the Rome/Civi area that offer testing. You just have to zoom in to the area where you're staying to find the closest ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/2/2022 at 11:17 AM, defbref said:

Yes PLF still required, you can fill it in now if you want, but will need to do it before you travel to italy.

EU Digital Passenger Locator Form (dPLF) (euplf.eu)

In process of checking out the PLF for Italy.

We disembark on May 11th on the NCL Escape and take their transfer to the airport.

It looks like Italy is requiring us to complete the form and pay $39 each just to ride to the airport.
I always accept "their country their rules" without question, but before I submit payment, can anyone confirm I am understanding their rules correctly?

Edited by BklynBorn47

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Would appreciate some help locating the Hotel boards please.  (& thank you)

Are you looking for Rome? If you are, this is the main Rome hotels thread: 

On 4/20/2022 at 10:12 AM, BklynBorn47 said:

In process of checking out the PLF for Italy.

We disembark on May 11th on the NCL Escape and take their transfer to the airport.

It looks like Italy is requiring us to complete the form and pay $39 each just to ride to the airport.
I always accept "their country their rules" without question, but before I submit payment, can anyone confirm I am understanding their rules correctly?

Looks like the PLF requirement is lifted as of May 1.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 11:30 PM, hrhdhd said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to test for arrival pax? We arrive the day before our cruise at 1040am and want to have the test at the Airport as its a Sunday and understand most pharmacies in Civitavecchia close at midday on a Sunday. 

Our problem is I'm not sure what time to book our transfer to Civitavecchia for as I have no idea how long the testing will take

46 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to test for arrival pax? We arrive the day before our cruise at 1040am and want to have the test at the Airport as its a Sunday and understand most pharmacies in Civitavecchia close at midday on a Sunday. 

Our problem is I'm not sure what time to book our transfer to Civitavecchia for as I have no idea how long the testing will take

The test site sends the test to a lab.  It only takes half-hour to fill out the forms and get tested.  The lab usually posts results in a few hours. 

You don't have to wait at the test site for results. 

Edited by marazul
  • Thanks 1

@marazul I see you posted about the MyChart information for vaccinations. That is what a few of us have, so is it sufficient to open that on our phone and show for proof of vaccination when flying into Italy?

1 hour ago, mnpurple said:

@marazul I see you posted about the MyChart information for vaccinations. That is what a few of us have, so is it sufficient to open that on our phone and show for proof of vaccination when flying into Italy?

Apparently so and it should be, but bring your card just in case.  You never know what a customs agent wants to see.  But I  think it would be just fine for other uses like indoor venues that may require it.

• 4 weeks later...

Coming back to the US you will not have to get that COVID test as of Monday, June 13,  just announced by the CDC.  Don't have to worry about finding that testing spot within 24 hours of departure.  

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Coming back to the US you will not have to get that COVID test as of Monday, June 13,  just announced by the CDC.  Don't have to worry about finding that testing spot within 24 hours of departure.  

It's over!

No more testing going back to the US. 

We just discovered this testing option in Rome: rapid antigen test with results in English, 7 days a week.

Our cruise this fall embarks on a Monday and we fly from the US 5 days prior so I've been searching for an inexpensive option and discovered this. Many websites have not updated their availability so it has been a lengthy search to find this option.

- The company "Med In Action" is a network of English speaking doctors who will come to your hotel (they also are available 7 days a week)

https://thetourguy.com/tours/rome/rome-covid-test#

13 hours ago, b&wcruiser said:

Does anyone know where you can get a covid test in Civitaveccia? (adres?)

thanks

40 minutes ago, galelynn said:

We are wondering this also.

Check the link in post #53 above. With the map open, zoom into the Civi area and click on the location icons for the several pharmacies there that do testing. This will open up the details of each pharmacy including address, phone number and opening hours.

10 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Check the link in post #53 above. With the map open, zoom into the Civi area and click on the location icons for the several pharmacies there that do testing. This will open up the details of each pharmacy including address, phone number and opening hours.

thanks, it works, found them

• Like 1