Chef's Table by Daniel Boulud - $139pp

mfs2k

On my October Beyond cruise, there is a new specialty dining experience available in addition to Le Voyage by Daniel Boulud ($75 pp)  and Le Voyage with Wine Pairing ($125 pp.  ) There's a link now to a Le Voyage sample menu, which I'll upload in the comments to this post.

The new option is Chef's Table by Daniel Boulud for $139.00 per person. Description below.  No sample menu provided yet. 

We booked the $75pp Le Voyage restaurant experience. Personally I would rather have a menu choice since our tastes are pretty specific. We didn't book the wine pairing because we have a Premium Beverage package and could pay extra if we want a special wine. 

image.png.6f01fd7affd1f00caa9d0a58061b2111.png

I have two Celebrity cruises booked and wanted to do the Chef's Table.  Both online and through our travel agent's inquiry, it has been fully booked more than three months out.

$139 pp with no menu? .  While Daniel has a good reputation, the price is outrageous.  I would never buy a meal without seeing the menu.  Showing Daniel on Celebrity ads is an advertising draw.  When I saw it, I thought that Celebrity had hired Daniel to influence their menus.  When I saw the posted menus for my upcoming cruise, I was disappointed.  Not that Celebrity food is bad, it needs new inspiration.  It would be a real attraction if Daniel’s signature dishes were included on the main dining menus.  
Oceania advertises that Jacques Pepin inspired their menus.  We originally booked Oceania based on this feature. We were not disappointed. Jacques is a specialty restaurant on some of Oceania’s ships.  His dishes are also on several of the main dining room menus.

26 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

$139 pp with no menu? .  While Daniel has a good reputation, the price is outrageous.  I would never buy a meal without seeing the menu.  Showing Daniel on Celebrity ads is an advertising draw.  When I saw it, I thought that Celebrity had hired Daniel to influence their menus.  When I saw the posted menus for my upcoming cruise, I was disappointed.  Not that Celebrity food is bad, it needs new inspiration.  It would be a real attraction if Daniel’s signature dishes were included on the main dining menus.  
Oceania advertises that Jacques Pepin inspired their menus.  We originally booked Oceania based on this feature. We were not disappointed. Jacques is a specialty restaurant on some of Oceania’s ships.  His dishes are also on several of the main dining room menus.

Actually, in several threads here on CC there have been menus shown...

bon appetit and bon voyage

2 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

2 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

If you see it, let me know where I can see it too.

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

If you see it, let me know where I can see it too.

From the Equinox a few weeks ago…

As I recall, one of the others had some dietary restrictions which she communicated ahead of time and which they were able to accommodate. 

0FFE1735-BBE2-4DFB-8275-109513A8D2A7.thumb.jpeg.2e4239db090151296c5407a8d4d68f6f.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

From the Equinox a few weeks ago…

As I recall, one of the others had some dietary restrictions which she communicated ahead of time and which they were able to accommodate. 

0FFE1735-BBE2-4DFB-8275-109513A8D2A7.thumb.jpeg.2e4239db090151296c5407a8d4d68f6f.jpeg

Actually, you can see a simpler version quite easily! Open your Celebrity App, go to Dining, scroll through the list of Restaurants, select Chef Table, look at the menu…

Stan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Actually it is $278 for two people and you still pay extra for the wine pairings.  Not sure if the premium drink package covers some of this cost.  And then there is the extra tip too - but let's not go there!  Expensive meal on a ship considering it is above what you already paid that day for your meal elsewhere.   But if people will pay the price and it is fully booked, then why not?  To each his/her own on their vacation.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Actually it is $278 for two people and you still pay extra for the wine pairings.  Not sure if the premium drink package covers some of this cost.  And then there is the extra tip too - but let's not go there!  Expensive meal on a ship considering it is above what you already paid that day for your meal elsewhere.   But if people will pay the price and it is fully booked, then why not?  To each his/her own on their vacation.  

On our sailing in May, we were some of the last to get a reservation.

Then again, once aboard who knows what the availability will or will not be...

30 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Bo- please come back here and review it for us!

21 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Bo- please come back here and review it for us!

You know I will... especially how they accommodate my vegan request... LOL

13 hours ago, George C said:

I think I will pass unless I do the move up to royal suite or above, so far have sky suite booked for November, did move up to penthouse in July on Edge.

If I recall correctly, the Chef's Table is not included in the "unlimited specialty dining" for RS and above.

9 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

If I recall correctly, the Chef's Table is not included in the "unlimited specialty dining" for RS and above.

I did hear that, but I read recently that you would get a discount, but I was referring to his regular meal for 75 which I think would be covered.

3 hours ago, George C said:

I did hear that, but I read recently that you would get a discount, but I was referring to his regular meal for 75 which I think would be covered.

I haven't heard about how that's handled, one way or another, but I'm paying attending l attention. 

On 3/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, mfs2k said:

Le Voyage menu attached.  This is not the Chef's Table menu. 

0434_002.thumb.jpg.1688954cad26d7954523799aa50cf896.jpg0434_001.thumb.jpg.c4d78b519ea4d0006a599c21fcb91f90.jpg

0434_004.thumb.jpg.f407171e67d747d2bc33df4f735229df.jpg

0434_003.thumb.jpg.56daaa295bd0d11c399ef56ad0fce9a4.jpg

I would only be interested in having multiple appetizers and dessert. The entrees do not appeal to me. The price is outrageous for what is being served. I'm also not a big fan. He's not cooking it, it's just his recipe. And I have seen wildly different preparations for the same dish on different ships. I have to say, I've also done the chef's table twice and I won't do it again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/23/2022 at 8:18 AM, Bo1953 said:

To report - Miami said I would be accommodated with a vegan meal,  once aboard I was told no accommodations could be made as they are under contract with DB with that stipulation! What is true, I canceled accordingly. 

Bon Appétit and bon voyage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

To report - Miami said I would be accommodated with a vegan meal,  once aboard I was told no accommodations could be made as they are under contract with DB with that stipulation! What is true, I canceled accordingly. 

Thanks for coming back. I was looking forward to hearing what they served. I’m sure you enjoyed your cruise even without this special dinner. You always seem to make the best out of any situation. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2022 at 3:10 PM, George C said:

No chefs table is covered by RS or PH in our experience nor are discounts usually offered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Not very inclusive…I am surprised that they were unwilling to cater for you. You would have thought when DB designed the menu he would have notated vegetarian and vegan options for each course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Thanks for coming back. I was looking forward to hearing what they served. I’m sure you enjoyed your cruise even without this special dinner. You always seem to make the best out of any situation. 

Yes, rc, I truly enjoyed the sailing, crew, staff and the CC members met aboard....

The MDR, for dinner, was amazing and accommodating, to say the least... after day three (3) they prepared off menu vegan items for me and I even gave them several curve balls as to what I would like including a vegetable tagine... out of the park... then there were a few dishes I requested that went flat, YET I asked for them and they delivered accordingly.

A different dessert every night in addition to increasing the number of sorbets in OVC every night.

How could I complain about that... LOL, well maybe about the additional weight I have to work diligently to remove it and then some...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

Not very inclusive…I am surprised that they were unwilling to cater for you. You would have thought when DB designed the menu he would have notated vegetarian and vegan options for each course.

c - X is under contract with DB over the offerings with his name attached to them.

While in his restaurants, on land, the Chef may be able or willing to accommodate, on the high seas they are not permitted to and I understand, for sure, as once they start changing the menu the whole idea gets diluted and unrefined.

Was I disappointed, of course. Was I mad, well maybe for seven (7) minutes. It made me determined to make the rest of my dining experiences, after a two (2) year absence aboard any ship, the best ever!

• Like 2