ArriveCAN

Babr

4 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

I found a link on Seabourn's site (by chance, I have not cruised with them) for using ArriveCAN for cruise ship pax. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks very complete, with pix. The link is here.

Thank you!  This seems to explain how to set it up and use.  I have bookmarked it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 4:52 PM, joyandjerry said:

I found a link on Seabourn's site (by chance, I have not cruised with them) for using ArriveCAN for cruise ship pax. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks very complete, with pix. The link is here.

Thanks for posting the link.  I  sail on Saturday and had several questions about 

completing the ArriveCan documentation and I was able to find all the info I was 

looking for in the Seabourn directions.

😃

Hey folks-- we're on a New England/Canada cruise in a couple of weeks and someone in our roll call just posted that there's a fraudulent version of the immigration form. If they ask for your credit card, it's FAKE. There is no charge.  They deleted it but got charged anyway and had to freeze their card. Please share widely.

56 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

Hey folks-- we're on a New England/Canada cruise in a couple of weeks and someone in our roll call just posted that there's a fraudulent version of the immigration form. If they ask for your credit card, it's FAKE. There is no charge.  They deleted it but got charged anyway and had to freeze their card. Please share widely.

Thanks for the heads up! Another poster on a similar board commented on this also; she realized and got out in time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

A clue that one is on the wrong site might be something like "This site is a travel agency....." in fine print on the first page.

That's what I found when I started our applications.

Yes, that ought to do it.  Also, it should be a canada.ca website.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 4:34 PM, sofietucker said:

The correct link is https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

1 hour ago, Lmac castle said:

If we arrive a few days early, do we have to do a second arrivecan before boarding the ship?

Timing doesn't matter. Depends on the itinerary. If cruise enters Canada (e.g. round trip Alaska out of Vancouver), yes. Otherwise no, although some cruise lines seem to think it is required. 

From the above link

Who needs to use ArriveCAN

All travellers, with limited exceptions, whether entering Canada by air, land, rail or marine vessel, must use ArriveCAN unless you're exempt from this requirement due to an accessibility need.

You'll need to submit your information within 72 hours:

• before your arrival in Canada
  • and/or before boarding a cruise ship destined for Canada
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lmac castle said:

If we arrive a few days early, do we have to do a second arrivecan before boarding the ship?

Even if you arrive a few minutes early, or indeed you actually live here, if your cruise returns to Canada you need to fill out a completely separate Trip for the cruise! The website has been updated specifically to note that if you fly or drive in and cruise same day, doesn't matter - remember that your actual Arrival to Canada happens at the END of the cruise and it makes more sense... checking you have it done at embarkation is just a special effect of cruising, due to how slow ships are compared to flying or driving over the border!

2 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

When you complete the ArriveCan, how do you get the QR code to show at the terminal? Will they email it? Or does it stay on the app for me to pull up?

Hi, multiple ways......if you do the stuff from home and have a printer, you can print it out and bring the paper with you.  Yes, they email you the code once you fill out and submit everything. Or if you do it on your phone, you can use it from there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, multiple ways......if you do the stuff from home and have a printer, you can print it out and bring the paper with you.  Yes, they email you the code once you fill out and submit everything. Or if you do it on your phone, you can use it from there. 

Thank you!