Ovation of the Seas-Alaska-May 5, 2022-May 13, 2022

3 hours ago, seadog67 said:

Definitely onboard for following a Live Report! Thanks for all the effort so far and I am looking forward to following along as we get closer!

Hope to see you on board.  We should probably schedule a meet up time-place.  Be happy to arrange if anyone here would like that.

I will be doing a live report in this thread.  Until then, will give up-to-day info as I get it regarding this cruise.

3 hours ago, crzndeb said:

They should have moved the Ovation to embark in Seattle, since it wasn’t coming from Honolulu anymore. But way before everybody made plane reservations, of course. I keep hoping they add a short Seattle to Vancouver before our May 5 sailing, and I will grab that one.

They are already doing the 3 down Shakedown cruise on Apr. 26. Add a revenue cruise after that one to get to Vancouver.

Yeah....probably a bit late to change embarkation city.  But, who knows?

I had heard about one shakedown cruise on 4/26.  I didn't know they were doing more.  So, are they sailing from Seattle to Vancouver in a shake down?  That's going to be an awfully short cruise.

Quick question to the peanut gallery here.

I tried to upgrade on my Celebrity APEX cruise (no luck as they had no more suites, but had other upgrades available for other lower categories).

Sent a "Royal Up" offer for this cruise.  But, as you've noticed above, I have my GUEST TICKET BOOKLET which was sent to me today with my current cabin listed.

Does this mean my bid failed?  Conversely, do they allow upgrades upon embarkation like Celebrity does (based on availability)?

TIA!

On 4/4/2022 at 1:16 PM, graphicguy said:

I had heard about one shakedown cruise on 4/26.  I didn't know they were doing more.  So, are they sailing from Seattle to Vancouver in a shake down?  That's going to be an awfully short cruise.

Yes, The Ovation shake down cruise is Tues 4/26 - Fri 4/29.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 7:08 PM, deliver42 said:

We were on the Ovation in Alaska last September. Awesome ship. Enjoy your cruise.

This is the latest regarding travel to Canada, with a quiz regarding what you need.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid

NOTE-Royal Caribbean still requires proof of vaccination as well as proof of a negative COVID test upon embarkation.

Graphicguy,

I see someone posted on our Roll Call for this sailing that they got their Royal Up accepted today & so did their mom & brother. I’m anxiously waiting on my bids! But I doubt I’ll get one.

Barbara

6 hours ago, Chase101 said:

Graphicguy,

I see someone posted on our Roll Call for this sailing that they got their Royal Up accepted today & so did their mom & brother. I’m anxiously waiting on my bids! But I doubt I’ll get one.

Barbara

Thanks!  I bid on the Suites.  Looked earlier today.  They only had one Suite left.  Not holding out hope, myself!

On 4/8/2022 at 9:31 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Ovation of the Sea just sailed by my house on its way to Seattle to pick up provisions! 4/8/22

Beautiful morning here in the Seattle area.  Great view of the Olympic Mountains as well.

PXL_20220408_160941537.jpg

PXL_20220408_161055067.jpg

Great minds think alike.

looks like we had almost the same perspective

i was at the dog park in Edmonds4561CD84-2F53-4764-9469-DE6AF519DF6F.thumb.jpeg.f14cf1cdceabff2449df5032585f9bd5.jpeg

• Like 9

16 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Thanks!  We get some amazing sunsets here as the sun goes down behind the mountains.

Nothing like taking a 1,100 foot ship out to the convenience store for last minute snacks. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So, unfinished business before the cruise laundry and last minute planning begins.

Still have an upgrade pending.  Just did a quick look-see and it appears there are about 50 cabins total available.  I think only 4-5 are Jr Suites (one of my bids).  No full suites available.  So, looks like an upgrade ain’t happening.  But, am just fine with that.

Fully vaccinated and boosted.

A bit of a question surrounding Covid testing.  I will get tested before I leave the U.S.  But, we sail on Thursday.  I leave on Wednesday to fly into Vancouver (early a.m.).  That means, I test on Tuesday.  I have received two different answers from Royal Customer service.  One, the test results from a Tuesday test will be accepted.  Another said testing on Tuesday is one day and flying in on Wednesday makes day 2 (2 days being the maximum time for testing before embarkation).  I guess I could call again, but what good would another “opinion” be at the pier?

Unless I get a definitive answer, I’m making back up plans.  Not sure how far either of these places are from my Vancouver hotel (JW Marriott Parq Vancouver, 39 Smithe St), but looks like they’re no more than walking or taxi distance….

https://fast-test.ca/locations/

https://covidtravelvancouver.ca/

So, already used up my OBC.  Booked the 2 specialty restaurants special and bought the highest internet available for the week.

Looks like there aren’t many discounts on the excursions.  Plus, it doesn’t look like they’re selling out very quickly.  Still mulling over which I might want to do (open for suggestions….Royal Sponsored or not).

Debating buying new skivvies for this trip….. 😉

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 7:30 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

And less than 12 hours later, the Ovation, restocked, sails out of Seattle...

PXL_20220409_022146503.jpg

Awesome pics!  My aunt and uncle live in Richmond Beach in north Seattle with a view of the Sound and the ships going in and out....never gets tiring 🙂 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I have received two different answers from Royal Customer service.  

You might get even more than two answers if you keep calling - officially it's ANYTIME up to two days out (Tuesday for you).

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

Biker19 is right. The odds of getting the correct info on Cruise Critic, is much greater than the info you will get from a rep at Royal. As stated, you can test no earlier than Tues (May 3), even Wed and Thurs. (day of boarding). It’s simple math, which most of the reps from all the cruise lines have no concept of. This new math they learned in school has done them no good.

• Haha 2

Was thinking that with the cruise start up now approaching 1 year, you would think they cruise lines would put more emphasis on customer service.  You call their phone lines to make a cruise reservation, they’re all over you…no wait…they’ve got plenty of agents available.

But, getting timely and accurate post booking support?  Not happening.  Get the old tired “due to demand, we’re overwhelmed” bit.

Not overwhelmed so much to take the reservation.  But, way too overwhelmed to offer timely, accurate, post booking support.

• Like 4

We are in New Brunswick Canada.  We are testing here on Tuesday  (the 3rd) at a local pharmacy then flying on the 4th and boarding on the 5th.

@graphicguy I am not sure if you are interested or not but I have a slot pull set up for 12:00 noon on Friday the 6th.  Entry is $20pp.  If you would like to join, please let me know!

Edited by JessyCruises

13 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

We are in New Brunswick Canada.  We are testing here on Tuesday  (the 3rd) at a local pharmacy then flying on the 4th and boarding on the 5th.

@graphicguy I am not sure if you are interested or not but I have a slot pull set up for 12:00 noon on Friday the 6th.  Entry is $20pp.  If you would like to join, please let me know!

Hi Jessy….thanks for the invite.  Would love to join you.  If you want to reach me privately, use my cc user name at YAHOO.