Ovation of the Seas-Alaska-May 5, 2022-May 13, 2022

Things were a little bumpy last nigh.  I liked it.  

Still a little bumpy this a.m.

Don’t know how many pics I’ll be able to load as either the much ballyhooed VROOM streaming package is being run by turtles, or CC has some issues with pics recently.

We shall see!

• Haha 2

Just now, graphicguy said:

Don’t know how many pics I’ll be able to load as either the much ballyhooed VOOM streaming package is being run by turtles

Expect performance to worsen the further north you go - Voom degrades once you go past 45 deg latitude.

• Like 1

Am I correct in reading on “Day 1” there were no shows in the main theatre? Just comedy, trivia, and karaoke? That’s a little disappointing as I have heard RCL usually puts on huge productions. I wonder if they’re still not rehearsed?

Edited by jerseygirl629
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jerseygirl629 said:

Am I correct in reading on “Day 1” there were no shows in the main theatre? Just comedy, trivia, and karaoke? That’s a little disappointing as I have heard RCL usually puts on huge productions. I wonder if they’re still not rehearsed?

I think it’s a matter of their rotating performers.  This is the first full sailing in quite some time.  

Just going with the flow!  

• Like 1

Just spent 5 minutes listening to some gentleman tell me ship time is wrong.  I have no clue if it is or isn’t.  All I could do is nod and shrug my shoulders.

At least he got it off his chest! 😉

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, jerseygirl629 said:

Looks like there were 2 Welcome Aboard shows with a comedian in the main theater.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Just spent 5 minutes listening to some gentleman tell me ship time is wrong.  I have no clue if it is or isn’t.  All I could do is nod and shrug my shoulders.

At least he got it off his chest! 😉

He looked at today’s Compass about turning clocks back 1 hour tonight. He probably read Day 2 compass last night and got confused.

Learned yesterday, that when in Canadian Waters/ports, only 1 bar per deck can be open. I usually head to Sunshine Bar in Solarium first and it was closed yesterday. Learned why 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Things were a little bumpy last nigh.  I liked it.  

Still a little bumpy this a.m.

Don’t know how many pics I’ll be able to load as either the much ballyhooed VROOM streaming package is being run by turtles, or CC has some issues with pics recently.

We shall see!

Guess that might be the issue going with the larger ship from Seattle, you don't get to go through the inside Passage where the smaller ships go through from Vancouver.

I rather go to Alaska on the smaller ships just for that reason, smoother seas and more scenic.

14 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

Please post who the captain is. I need to verify my Current Captains thread!

I don’t remember his name but he is from Norway but now lives in Fairmont Hot Springs in British Columbia. Which is close to Cranbrook where I spent my grade school years. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Killin Time said:

I don’t remember his name but he is from Norway but now lives in Fairmont Hot Springs in British Columbia. Which is close to Cranbrook where I spent my grade school years. 

He wasn’t at the Top Tier event (hotel director and his staff).  Only thing I’ve heard is his announcements where he states “…this is your Captain”.

So, don’t know his name!

52 minutes ago, Killin Time said:

21E885D2-C47E-4CEF-BBC4-A0F908CD80D3.jpeg

094C97F8-5451-4AA3-AF8A-2EBC4F7142D9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Guess that might be the issue going with the larger ship from Seattle, you don't get to go through the inside Passage where the smaller ships go through from Vancouver.

I rather go to Alaska on the smaller ships just for that reason, smoother seas and more scenic.

This sailing left from Vancouver not Seattle. Hoping the Seattle sailings are smooth 😬😬😬

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jerseygirl629 said:

This sailing left from Vancouver not Seattle. Hoping the Seattle sailings are smooth 😬😬😬

But can that ship sail through the inside passage or must it go out to sea in the rougher waters of the Pacific?

46 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Don’t get me wrong, the “ride” in no way has been rough.  Some gentle rocking is more like it.

This is a big ship.  It’s hard to upset!

I agree. I’m in the very front and it’s not bad to me. Gentle rocking is the perfect way to describe.

Of course, some may feel it feels like it’s 30ft swells...lol

The Top Tier event was a bit confusing. App said D+ and Pins, but Compass said Plat and above. They were checking cards, so I guess it was Plat and above. I don’t usually attend. It was pretty uneventful. I think people like the free drinks, but after a couple of Dirty Martinis last night, I wasn’t quite up for alcohol at 10am...getting to old, I guess.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

But can that ship sail through the inside passage or must it go out to sea in the rougher waters of the Pacific?

It can't.  Princess tried positioning the Majestic Princess in Vancouver this year to sail the IP but the pilots denied them due to size.