Silhouette 3.18-28. Boarded with my husband, disembarked without him.

sakigemcam

Hope your husband is feeling better and is improving.

For those who commented about when he can leave:

The CDC recommends isolating for 5 days after testing positive.

If there is no fever and the person's symptoms are improving then you can stop quarantine and

wear a well fitted mask when around others for the next 5 days. After that there is no recommendation for mask wearing in public.

It is possible to continue to test positive for up to 3 months after being infected. Usually it is those with severe disease but not always. That's one of the reasons the CDC allows residents of the U.S. to return to the U.S. without a negative test as long as they have proof of testing positive AND a note from a physician or health department.

Edited by CruisinNewb
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

I just posted on her thread to wear masks and take precautions. It’s not the ship. It’s the preppie 😔 At an early show the CD said something about no masks and some ppl stood up whooping.  And then we never saw Tim again 😔 literally had third string CD but did get to see Bennet more 🥰

You didn’t miss much with Tim not being around… his AD keeps him afloat in IMHO. 

On the Silhouette March 18 (2nd) leg of my first BTB I tested positive for covid. Spent the balance of my cruise (a night, 6 days and a morning) in isolation. I posted comments on my experience on the March 18 roll call. 

I had minor cold symptoms and decided to be responsible and get tested. Was very surprised to test positive. Wore a mask more than most of the passengers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a believer in DYI.  We will be on our 5th cruise since the restart in a couple of weeks. We have a plan for where we will stay should either of us have to quarantine on land post cruise.  We have thought  through what  we would  do if 1 tests positive and has to quarantine on board.  We know what our insurance will cover and a rough idea of what  X will reimburse.    But after April then the Covid assistance from the cruise line ends..  Thankfully we don’t have another  cruise until October.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hcat said:

So how will he know when he can go home and by what means..?

Seems there is no plan..

Can he just rebook and go if he has a " home "test kit and tests neg???

Who is paying for the hotel?

Celebrity pays for hotel up to $250/day and $100/day for food. He had to do all Uber Eats. He had CVS Deliver a bunch of stuff - meds and tests. 

10 hours ago, raudacruise said:

On the Silhouette March 18 (2nd) leg of my first BTB I tested positive for covid. Spent the balance of my cruise (a night, 6 days and a morning) in isolation. I posted comments on my experience on the March 18 roll call. 

I had minor cold symptoms and decided to be responsible and get tested. Was very surprised to test positive. Wore a mask more than most of the passengers.

Oh no, what a bummer. I hope you’re fully recovered. Has Celebrity advised regarding your refund? 

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

I’m a believer in DYI.  We will be on our 5th cruise since the restart in a couple of weeks. We have a plan for where we will stay should either of us have to quarantine on land post cruise.  We have thought  through what  we would  do if 1 tests positive and has to quarantine on board.  We know what our insurance will cover and a rough idea of what  X will reimburse.    But after April then the Covid assistance from the cruise line ends..  Thankfully we don’t have another  cruise until October.

That’s very smart. I hope you don’t have to implement any of that plan! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

With this somewhat resurgence I'm a little concerned re our Nov. cruise.  Really thought sailings would be covid free by then.  It certainly is a good idea to plan for any eventuality and thankful you brought this up here.  Will definitely put this into pre-cruise planning.  OTOH, since you've been on 4 cruises since start up and haven't come down with the virus, it's a good indication that you've been careful and cruising still is a can-do....🤞

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

With this somewhat resurgence I'm a little concerned re our Nov. cruise.  Really thought sailings would be covid free by then.  It certainly is a good idea to plan for any eventuality and thankful you brought this up here.  Will definitely put this into pre-cruise planning.  OTOH, since you've been on 4 cruises since start up and haven't come down with the virus, it's a good indication that you've been careful and cruising still is a can-do....🤞

I’m sorry, Covid free?  Isn’t that like saying, no one on board will catch a cold?

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 2

The lesson I took away from our November, December and February cruises was to be like a Scout and be prepared.  I had looked up hotels in my preferred chains so that I knew where I'd want to book if needed after the cruise. I had scoped out food options, both delivery take out as well as supermarket delivery.  

We all need to be prepared with this info, as well as knowing what our insurance covers.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, hcat said:

So how will he know when he can go home and by what means..?

Seems there is no plan..

Can he just rebook and go if he has a " home "test kit and tests neg???

Who is paying for the hotel?

Once you have isolated for 5 days you are free to mask and travel home.  Celebrity paid for the hotel and $100/day food for him.

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

It's still March and you are really concerned thinking Nov may be COVID free?  7+ months away, stop worrying.

43 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Once you have isolated for 5 days you are free to mask and travel home.  Celebrity paid for the hotel and $100/day food for him.

I think the CDC recommends that a person who has no or improving symptoms and no fever for 24 hours can end isolation after day 5 (use a mask for 5 more days).  They don't recommend travel until after 10 days. 

1 hour ago, Algebralovr said:

The lesson I took away from our November, December and February cruises was to be like a Scout and be prepared.  I had looked up hotels in my preferred chains so that I knew where I'd want to book if needed after the cruise. I had scoped out food options, both delivery take out as well as supermarket delivery.  

We all need to be prepared with this info, as well as knowing what our insurance covers.

I was hoping this information would help others be more prepared. We were so masked up and taking immunity meds, we really were thrown by this. DH is a TV photojournalist, considered essential, and has been working in the field every single day without getting sick. 

Still no outreach from X. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sakigemcam said:

I was hoping this information would help others be more prepared. We were so masked up and taking immunity meds, we really were thrown by this. DH is a TV photojournalist, considered essential, and has been working in the field every single day without getting sick. 

Still no outreach from X. 

Doesn’t this say that anyone can get sick in a crowded environment?  Like norovirus or flu etc?

4 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

Oh no, what a bummer. I hope you’re fully recovered. Has Celebrity advised regarding your refund? 

Haven’t heard anything yet, but my travel agent will deal with that. Couldn’t have anyone better in my corner.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, raudacruise said:

Haven’t heard anything yet, but my travel agent will deal with that. Couldn’t have anyone better in my corner.

Agree. We are happy to have our TA to step in if after a reasonable time there is no action. 

1 hour ago, Algebralovr said:

That is so smart! I took notes.

Before I found it wasn’t necessary I was somewhat panicked about being quarantined in a hotel.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

It's a little different when you're at sea and need to get home via plane. No? 

That’s the reason I started buying travel insurance after many trips where I didn’t bother.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

That’s the reason I started buying travel insurance after many trips where I didn’t bother.

This is important these days. I think it's specifically Trip Delay that kicks in for quarantine/isolation prior to returning home.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

I think the CDC recommends that a person who has no or improving symptoms and no fever for 24 hours can end isolation after day 5 (use a mask for 5 more days).  They don't recommend travel until after 10 days. 

Here is the updated info directly from the CDC.  Including their new calculator for Q&I.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html?ACSTrackingID=USCDC_2067-DM78705&ACSTrackingLabel=New Quarantine and Isolation Calculator | COVID-19&deliveryName=USCDC_2067-DM78705

• Like 2