Silhouette 3.18-28. Boarded with my husband, disembarked without him.

sakigemcam

15 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

Update  - flight out of FLL one hour late and he and 65 others with connections may miss them. I'm siting here not sure if I should go to sleep or wait up. 

I cannot believe what a cluster this entire week has been. He says he feels okay but I don't know enough about risk of relapses.  Now I just wait and hope the airline holds those connecting flights. 

My goodness.  When it rains it pours.    He is  so close but so far away.    Fingers crossed for him. 

I'm a California transplant from Longmeadow, Mass and use to fly out of BDL frequently. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

I cannot believe what a cluster this entire week has been.

Whether you choose to credit a 19th Century German philosopher or Kelly Clarkson, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. The ordeal is nearly over.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

You're fortunate you only lost taste and smell for a few hours  and I hope the rest of your symptoms subside soon - March 2020 after getting off the final Silhouette for 18 months - FLL was a ZOO and I lost those senses for 4 months. Agree on the relaxing of masking issue - I think that's what happened with my husband. 

And I hope your hubby is home soon. I know he’s exhausted!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TeeRick said:

So sorry to hear you got sick.  Hopefully you will be better very soon!   Did you think about an anti-viral like Paxlovid?  I am curious to know if this works from somebody taking it with a true medical degree like you.  I was wondering if it is now carried on Celebrity cruise ships too.  That might help people posting here (like the OP's husband).

Just saw your post, thanks for your concern. I seriously considered calling my PCP to see what the procedure was. I’m working part time now, so a bit more out of the loop, but my understanding is that omicron and the BA2 are no as severe but make most of the monoclonal we were using ineffective. Paxlovid I think does still work. When we were in the heat of the omicron surge  in late January, the supplies of the only effective monoclonal were almost nonexistent, which makes me think it would be practically impossible for a private company to stockpile any for their own use. I don’t think I’m thinking of Paxlovid, though, but a different one. Paxlovid is a pill if I’m not mistaken and a mixture of 2 different antivirals.

Tuesday and Wednesday I felt to bad and too groggy (brain fog is a real thing!) to even call and today, Thursday I feel much much better - doctors do truely make terrible patients.

I will let you know if I go.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

The CT lavender farm used LBTB as inspiration. There's really no comparison - LBTB now has close to 60 acres of fields (E Marion and Calverton) and the demand just never stops. Prior to the cruise we stayed with the founders in Sunny Isles and our cousin was hard at work making their hand-made sachets. They have come a long way from selling their lavender items at the end of their driveway. A true success story. 

That's awesome!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

You may want to take a quick look at available Panama Canal cruises.  From what we understand and were told during a Future Cruise briefing the the Retreat Lounge yesterday there is only one, east to west on Millennium, scheduled for 2023 (We have a reservation on that cruise) and rooms are filling up fast. 

In 2022 there is a full transit cruise leaving in a few weeks (April 19) on Millennium and another one leaving Dec 19. 

8 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Just saw your post, thanks for your concern. I seriously considered calling my PCP to see what the procedure was. I’m working part time now, so a bit more out of the loop, but my understanding is that omicron and the BA2 are no as severe but make most of the monoclonal we were using ineffective. Paxlovid I think does still work. When we were in the heat of the omicron surge  in late January, the supplies of the only effective monoclonal were almost nonexistent, which makes me think it would be practically impossible for a private company to stockpile any for their own use. I don’t think I’m thinking of Paxlovid, though, but a different one. Paxlovid is a pill if I’m not mistaken and a mixture of 2 different antivirals.

Tuesday and Wednesday I felt to bad and too groggy (brain fog is a real thing!) to even call and today, Thursday I feel much much better - doctors do truely make terrible patients.

I will let you know if I go.

It would seem to me that cruise lines could carry the oral antiviral pills (Paxlovid) which I think is a five day protocol.  If availability exists.  Pfizer says that supplies are improving.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

In 2022 there is a full transit cruise leaving in a few weeks (April 19) on Millennium and another one leaving Dec 19. 

Yes, for 2022 but for 2023 there is only East to West sailing in April.  

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

My goodness.  When it rains it pours.    He is  so close but so far away.    Fingers crossed for him. 

I'm a California transplant from Longmeadow, Mass and use to fly out of BDL frequently. 

BDL is such a stress-free airport! I bet you kiss that!!

Okay gang. He arrived home at 1:15 am after one flight cancellation, two delays, and a run down a concourse, with me waiting in the car in the deluge. He feels good, just a lingering cough. I’m trying to act lucid in a video meeting. 
I hope this has helped you in some way to consider what may happen and to be prepared. 
Thank you for your empathy and support. 
And now I’m on to treating my PTSD 😭

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

Okay gang. He arrived home at 1:15 am after one flight cancellation, two delays, and a run down a concourse, with me waiting in the car in the deluge. He feels good, just a lingering cough. I’m trying to act lucid in a video meeting. 
I hope this has helped you in some way to consider what may happen and to be prepared. 

Glad he made it home.  How is the cat doing?  Has it forgiven you for being away?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Glad he made it home.  How is the cat doing?  Has it forgiven you for being away?

We refer to her as she/her/hers 🤣

She has been glued to me and I to her since I got back! My emotional support animal is the best 💜

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

Thanks for sharing your adventure.  I hope this is the end of the dramatic portion and we can summarize the rest with encouraging notes over the end credits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sakigemcam said:

We refer to her as she/her/hers 🤣

She has been glued to me and I to her since I got back! My emotional support animal is the best 💜

Ok glad to hear it.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sakigemcam said:

Maybe, if you try really hard 😉, you can get your hands on some lavender.

It is known to be calming.

In all seriousness: I am glad you are all together and I hope there are no lingering effects, including a long-term aversion to cruising. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sakigemcam said:

So glad you are back together, you have had a very trying time! But thanks for putting it on here because I think this will make most of us think of what might happen and try to prepare for this! Hope your hubby carries on getting better and hopefully your future trips wherever you go will be wonderful.

We have cruises booked in May and September both were 3 times cancelled and rebooked, hopefully we will stay COVID free🤞

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Maybe, if you try really hard 😉, you can get your hands on some lavender.

It is known to be calming.

In all seriousness: I am glad you are all together and I hope there are no lingering effects, including a long-term aversion to cruising. 

I think I know where I have some stashed 😉

Yes - I'm worried about that aversion.....but time heals all wounds. 

Thank you for your kind thoughts. 

• Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 2:48 PM, sakigemcam said:

BDL. That flight was coming from down south so I give up.

PS Since you're on LI I hope you've been to our family's lavender farm, Lavender by the Bay. Just pretend a ship brought you to Provence 😉 

LBTB....No way...one of our most favorite places! Not to be missed for anyone living on LI or visiting.... a visit to this unique retreat will do more to reduce stress than a winery tour but the two are easily combined. Looking forward to another visit soon.!

We used to fly SW..only choice from LI to Fl for many yrs...but  we have been switched,  cancelled, dumped in Baltimore( the hub) and subjected to ridiculous layovers...too long & too short.   Now we have Frontier from Islip...how nice to have a non stop!

I hope the ordeal will soon be over...🌻

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

Glad to hear he is home,..finally.

Go for the lavender and curl up with your cat!🐈

• Like 2

Thank you so much for keeping us informed as to your progress.  It's wonderful to hear you are both home and you have a very grateful cat to welcome you.  Hope your DH has a fast and complete recovery.

• Like 3

On 3/28/2022 at 12:51 PM, sakigemcam said:

Literally on hold with Celebrity Engagement now that I'm home. Agree with everything you said. Dump him off at a hotel and that's it? See ya, wouldn't want to be ya?

If you're comfortable can you share the receipt info with me - ie, where to send? My email is vkelba@gmail.com  Thank you. 

We were on Silhouette on the Feb 25 sailing & contracted covid also, we are still awaiting reimbursement from Celebrity for hotel & meal expenses.  Could you please forward your contact information if possible, my email is moeshotline01@icloud.com   Thank you so very much.

• Like 1