Princess Internet and Covid screwed up big time Princess are a joke

phillipahain

On 4/5/2022 at 2:22 AM, oldracer said:

I would say the problem is with the passengers, not Princess.

Sorry no it most definitely was not the passengers 

Many received emails from Princess before the cruise stating they would receive a $10 a day refund because there would be no internet 

Suffice it to say no refund has been recieved , Princess UK ignoring emails and certainly not answering phones 

On 4/5/2022 at 2:52 PM, DRS/NC said:

RE covid test before leaving ship to fly to USA:

how long (hours, days) is that test acceptable? 

I'm doing a TA that arrives in Southampton on 6/13 but I'm not flying home until the next day (6/14).  Will my test still be acceptable?

Yes, I realize that things/rules could change by then.

Thanks!

At the current time, one must show a negative viral test taken no more than one day before travel to enter the USA. Since you are entering the USA on June 14, your test will need to be taken no earlier than June 13. So I guess it depends whether the ship will test you on arrival day. Otherwise, you will need to find a test prior to your flight. 

1 hour ago, phillipahain said:

Many received emails from Princess before the cruise stating they would receive a $10 a day refund because there would be no internet 

Suffice it to say no refund has been recieved , Princess UK ignoring emails and certainly not answering phones 

If they refund that much to all, it is overly generous to Platinum and Elite members as their cost is only $5/day if had to purchase it.

Sorry but there were no forms or offers of tests given to our 2 USA friends ....they paid $100 to get them done at Heathrow before flying home next day 

As said, a trip to Guest Services to inquire about testing was all which was required.  In the case of your friends, as @waiting2retire mentions above, your friends would have had to have purchased the tests, anyway, based on when they chose to return home.  

We did not receive refunds; we received onboard credit.

On 3/30/2022 at 6:14 PM, *Miss G* said:

This is what they sent us 3 days before the cruise.  No mention of “too many people” and no mention of equipment failure.  They blamed antennas and satellites knowing full well that other ships, other cruise lines, and apparently pre-covid/pre-upgrade, this wasn’t an issue.

“Regarding internet service levels, as you may be aware, as a ship moves across the Atlantic its antennas routinely shift between satellites that cover specific regions of the globe, which can result in low to no connectivity. 

Internet service will be available during your journey, but because there may be times when you may be unable to connect during your cruise we will refund the cost of pre-purchased MedallionNet® Wi-Fi packages as onboard credit. For guests who purchased Princess Plus, we will refund $10 USD per day as onboard credit, plus any pre-purchased MedallionNet device upgrades.”

Precisely that is the notice received and yes it was given as a  REFUNDABLE  OBC if you purchased Princess Plus   needless to say still waiting 

On 4/7/2022 at 8:22 PM, luckyinpa said:

i only follow 3 brands on these forums but princess is the only one that ive read about in the past 2 months with quarantine. do they other brands not have covid or do they just do a better job covering it up? 

There is a live from on Celebrity board from a guest on Silhouette testing positive today, six days into the 13 day TA.  There have been threads on HAL also.  Cunard too, I believe.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 9:22 PM, oldracer said:

I would say the problem is with the passengers, not Princess.

Did you read what they wrote??  They verified no internet.  New provider 1/10th of the price with no service.  There are many issues people are posting all over the place.  If you are just happy to be on a ship as I usually am, then you can just blow it off and forget the issues, but some people have been waiting for 3 years and have had a lot of money tied up; their experience should be what's advertised and what they paid for.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 7:14 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Unless there's been a very recent change, the supplier for Medallion Net Internet service is SES Networks.  Very little posted about this since it was first announced back in 2020.  Reading some of those press releases makes my cynical side cringe!  It just sounds too much like pie-in-the-sky!

I do not know who the providers are for other cruise lines, but people on RCI and some others report great Internet speeds.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

I do not know who the providers are for other cruise lines, but people on RCI and some others report great Internet speeds.

Not only that - it has been great on RCI for years and years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No desire for internet while on holiday. 
I’m self employed so tell as many clients as possible I’m unavailable for two weeks. Never had an issue. Just great stress free holidays.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1