After the Explorer will we be disappointed on the Navigator?

LewiLewi

We enjoyed the Explorer last month, but she is not sailing in the Caribbean next Dec. We are not able to make reservations for a 10 day cruise aboard the Splendor, sister ship, for next Dec. It appears that the ship is sold out. However, the Navigator is available for Dec. and has a lot of availability, and is also a bit less expensive. Also, there is availability aboard the Splendor for a 7 day cruise in Dec.

Should we try the Navigator for the 10 day cruise, or the Splendor for the 7 day cruise, price seems about the same.

No brainer.  10 days trumps 7 days.  Different ships, obviously; but same Regent quality.  Very, very loyal Staff on Navigator. Take the plunge.  It will provide a basis for comparison between the smallest ship in Regent's stable and--honestly our favorite--Explorer.  

Hopefully, Ray Solaire will be your CD. 

GOARMY!

• Like 2

If you were in the lower cost level suites on the explorer, you will appreciate the extra 90 sq. ft. comparable Navigator suites offer. But the lowest level on the Navigator lack a balcony. I’m sure you have heard about vibration on the Navigator. Be sure to book  fairly near the bow, as vibration shouldn’t be noticeable there. You may experience vibration in other parts of the ship — especially in the theater.

Even though I have posted about the Navigator vibration for 20 years, it remains one of my favorite ships. The size is just right IMO. And there is no such thing as a perfect cruise ship.

• Like 1

I like the vibration...I wouldn't choose a cabin location solely based on it....but I can understand how some might. Some complain it has no forward observation lounge but the lounge in the rear has an outside deck with bar service and it is the perfect place to hang out and relax.

12 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

Thank you all for your replies. We will give Navigator a try. 

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic cruise - Navigator was our first Regent cruise and we've sailed on her several times since then, with another 19-night cruise on her next year.  You may find a few people who won't sail on her due to her smaller size, fewer dining options, and the infamous vibration...but that's good, more options for me!!  🙂

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Having cruised on all Regent ships multiple times the biggest between the Splendor and Explorer compared to the older ships are the bathrooms.

No large stall shower or double sinks.

Bathrooms are small but there is ample storage.

• Like 1