How to tell whats in your drink package?

samplecd02

First time in Celebrity and in a suite. I am used to all alcoholic drinks being a charge. Is there a way to tell if the mixed drink on the menu is going to be an extra charge or not? I dont want to be surprised. 🙂Being in a suite I get the premium package so I would assume almost nothing would be a cost? (except for the really expensive (like hundreds of dollars)?

32 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

Thank you! I assume there is no limit at a seating correct? for example if I wanted 2 glasses of wine under $13 each at dinner

Your wine steward will pour until you say "Uncle".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have the classic package. We’re not big drinkers but I like craft cocktails. If I order a drink that’s not covered will the bartender just charge the difference in the drink price?

The Premium Package limit is $15 not $13.  There is no limit on the number of drinks at a meal or per day.  If you order something above the limit the bartender or sommelier will let you know, you will be charged the difference plus 20% gratuity.  
The cost to upgrade from Classic to Premium is $12 per day, without a CC discount.  So if you have the Classic package and have 2 glasses of wine at $14 a glass the up charge would be $5 per glass plus 20% or $ 12, same cost to upgrade.  

The plan is quite clear about the brands of spirits in the classic package vs. premium package.  The definition of "classic cocktails" is a bit more fuzzy.  It's probably safe to assume that a classic spirit mixed with a nonalcoholic mixer is included, like a Beefeater and Tonic, or Captain and Coke.    Non mixologists like me aren't quite so clear about drinks with more than one spirit and umbrella drinks.  

Is there a list of those drinks, or do you have to ask the bartender?

1 hour ago, davy jones said:

The plan is quite clear about the brands of spirits in the classic package vs. premium package.  The definition of "classic cocktails" is a bit more fuzzy.  It's probably safe to assume that a classic spirit mixed with a nonalcoholic mixer is included, like a Beefeater and Tonic, or Captain and Coke.    Non mixologists like me aren't quite so clear about drinks with more than one spirit and umbrella drinks.  

Is there a list of those drinks, or do you have to ask the bartender?

Drinks with more than one spirit, umbrella drinks and frozen drinks are all available with the Classic Package.  The difference if you had the Premium Package would be what brand of tequila and Grand Marnier or Triple Sec was used in your Margarita, for example.  Call versus well brands.  And a caution…do not assume you will be served Premium branded vodka in your Bloody Mary unless you specify the brand.  The bartenders tend to default to the Classic Package brands.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Drinks with more than one spirit, umbrella drinks and frozen drinks are all available with the Classic Package.  The difference if you had the Premium Package would be what brand of tequila and Grand Marnier or Triple Sec was used in your Margarita, for example.  Call versus well brands.  And a caution…do not assume you will be served Premium branded vodka in your Bloody Mary unless you specify the brand.  The bartenders tend to default to the Classic Package brands.

That is good to know and works for me.   We may upgrade to premium because DW has developed a taste for martinis, most of which exceed the classic limit.

At the Martini Bar those martinis would be over the Classic price point.  But a martini elsewhere would be covered.  Basic ones like a regular martini, a cosmo, a lemon drop etc.  You can also wait and see if you want/need to upgrade…you can do so, prorated, up to the last three days of the cruise.  And both of you don’t have to upgrade…one person alone can do so.

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

The Classic Package can be used anytime a bar is open.  Tipping is subjective.

Just to clear at dinner in Blu for instance the classic beverage package can be used to order a glass of wine at your table at no additional charge, correct?

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

The Premium Package limit is $15 not $13.  There is no limit on the number of drinks at a meal or per day.  If you order something above the limit the bartender or sommelier will let you know, you will be charged the difference plus 20% gratuity.  
The cost to upgrade from Classic to Premium is $12 per day, without a CC discount.  So if you have the Classic package and have 2 glasses of wine at $14 a glass the up charge would be $5 per glass plus 20% or $ 12, same cost to upgrade.  

I had the premium package and ordered the 25th Anniversary martini priced at $16 per glass

She actually gave me a bill for $1.20. A bit unfair since most wines on the PBP are $11 but those are the rules. 

When I order a drink I usually ask if it is covered under the classic package.... particularly if ordering a martini at the martini bar. You can get one there, but it will be regular size and using ingredients on the classic list. On our last cruise the wine steward sold us a wine tasting and my husband tipped him on the sale... that week he served wines he said were part of our package..but I have to say that they were quite nice and I wonder if he slipped us some better wines after our tasting purchase... I should have paid attention to the labels.