The Daily for Wednesday 03/30/2022

richwmn

@Suslor, Happy Birthday!  @ger_77, give your friend my best wishes---I share a birthday with them.  Today is the big 80 for me also.  A card I received from a friend said "80 is the new 60!"  I like that!  I join others with remembering 03/30/81--we were on vacation in Florida and watched in horror!  I had forgotten the "I am in Charge" statement.  

It is a beautiful day here in Western Colorado.  We got a small amount of rain yesterday which always help calm the desert dust.  Thankfully, the forsythia are starting to bloom.  My favorite in Spring.  My DM said that the forsythia were blooming when they took me home from the hospital.  Guess that is why yellow is my favorite color!

I love hummus, but today's meal just doesn't grab me.  I am looking forward to Texas Roadhouse where I am going with two friends for dinner.

Could someone please tell me how one person can "scatter'" so much stuff around the house.  I have spent the entire morning putting things away, and going thru paper piled around.  I have gotten several calls made that I have put off, so guess I am starting my 80's off on the right foot.  Yesterday I met my new cardiologist and he announced that I can look forward to more birthdays!  All was good, so that was reassuring.  Just have to get an echocardiogram next month, as I haven't had one in 7 years.

@kazu, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  That was one of the hardest things I had to do when I could no longer do home hospice for DH, as he needed more skilled nursing care than I was doing.  You are handling your many challenges so beautifully.  I wish you continued strength.

Sending prayers for all on the cares list.  Hope those with shipboard Covid are regaining their health rapidly!  @smitty34877, continued special prayers for Tana.  After going thru IPF with my DH, I recognize so many of the bumps in the road.  Her spirit is amazing.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

@Suslor, Happy Birthday!  @ger_77, give your friend my best wishes---I share a birthday with them.  Today is the big 80 for me also.  A card I received from a friend said "80 is the new 60!"  I like that!  I join others with remembering 03/30/81--we were on vacation in Florida and watched in horror!  I had forgotten the "I am in Charge" statement.  

It is a beautiful day here in Western Colorado.  We got a small amount of rain yesterday which always help calm the desert dust.  Thankfully, the forsythia are starting to bloom.  My favorite in Spring.  My DM said that the forsythia were blooming when they took me home from the hospital.  Guess that is why yellow is my favorite color!

I love hummus, but today's meal just doesn't grab me.  I am looking forward to Texas Roadhouse where I am going with two friends for dinner.

Could someone please tell me how one person can "scatter'" so much stuff around the house.  I have spent the entire morning putting things away, and going thru paper piled around.  I have gotten several calls made that I have put off, so guess I am starting my 80's off on the right foot.  Yesterday I met my new cardiologist and he announced that I can look forward to more birthdays!  All was good, so that was reassuring.  Just have to get an echocardiogram next month, as I haven't had one in 7 years.

@kazu, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  That was one of the hardest things I had to do when I could no longer do home hospice for DH, as he needed more skilled nursing care than I was doing.  You are handling your many challenges so beautifully.  I wish you continued strength.

Sending prayers for all on the cares list.  Hope those with shipboard Covid are regaining their health rapidly!  @smitty34877, continued special prayers for Tana.  After going thru IPF with my DH, I recognize so many of the bumps in the road.  Her spirit is amazing.

@cruzn single.

Very best wishes and a Happy birthday today.

Graham.

98A89CFC-4E2D-43FB-9727-12DBCD01770C.jpeg.fe4ce792e3b1f28a21a73e03e616a64e.jpeg

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Have a  beautiful  80th  birthday

JIM.

• Like 14

kazu, It will be all right. He will be in a location you have chosen, you will have access to him, plus you can bring items from home to personalize his space. I have been where you are now, you have done all you can .Now you need to be very kind to yourself and not second guess....you are in my thoughts.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Isn't that just the way it is.  I had a back MRI and it appeared to be lymphoma.  CAT scans and bronchoscopy  showed it was probably an old fungal disease histoplasmosis.   It sure put a scare into us for a few weeks.  

Mine found an incidentaloma.  Probably just a fatty growth but it needs to be checked out.

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Thought I posted this this morning.  Guess I didn't hit send. 

I try to stay in control most days.  Will cart ride around our eco park this morning.  Not interested in the meal, and haven't been to the port.

I really really like the Seuss quote.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe.

Buttershots Old Fashioned:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Jim Beam®
1/2 part DeKuyper® Buttershots® Schnapps
4 dashes Angostura® Bitters
3 Maraschino Cherries
(2 for muddling, 1 for a garnish)

Instructions
Muddle cherries and bitters in a rocks glass. Add ice, bourbon, and DeKuyper® Buttershots® Schnapps. Stir. Top with a cherry as garnish.

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 12.54.17 PM.png

That sounds really good to me.  

1 hour ago, Suslor said:

Today is my birthday so it fits as I can be a control freak,

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.dc063312db5cfe0a2b30e42bd6983335.jpg

32 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

449688329_images(1).jpg.9558a9ee6ab542beddce28d4c939c3e9.jpg

32 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Could someone please tell me how one person can "scatter'" so much stuff around the house.  I have spent the entire morning putting things away, and going thru paper piled around.  

If you figure that one out, will you please let me know.   

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

WOW!  CC gremlins must have struck.  I hit submit reply 30 minutes ago, and it acted like it was working.  I'll try again.

Just a quick post.  Koningsdam sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge less than 30 minutes ago.  Here are a pictures taken from the bow.

20220330_105703.thumb.jpg.eb7ea7f2447a04ec3ef7c9e0066e7e4d.jpg

20220330_105657_HDR.thumb.jpg.a43292fe4d244967f0edc19e44bc79ee.jpg

20220330_105728_HDR.thumb.jpg.64fed6842efaaf5504173fedcda36c37.jpg

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

@Suslor & @cruzn single A very happy birthday to you both !

F30A2782-EBFB-4697-B426-D1B33634070C.jpeg.edf36509738562fce0ed65fb27be6e2b.jpeg

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I am both very glad and very sorry you are close to having a spot for Jose. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thanks.  Not sure how long the wait will be as sadly, it means other people have to lose their loved ones for Jose to have a spot.  Not something I want to wish for 😢 

1 hour ago, ClippyJoe said:

kazu, It will be all right. He will be in a location you have chosen, you will have access to him, plus you can bring items from home to personalize his space. I have been where you are now, you have done all you can .Now you need to be very kind to yourself and not second guess....you are in my thoughts.

Thanks - I hope it will be.  All I can do right now is do my best for him in the hospital.  Currently, I am fighting for him to have his physiotherapy (walking around and building up his strength).  If they won’t do it because he is ‘medically discharged’ then I want permission to bring someone in and pay them to do it.  the problem is it’s a closed unit and I don’t know if it will be permitted.  My challenge for tomorrow 😌 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

A quick check-in before we head over to celebrate our friend's birthday.   Speaking of which . . .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to @Suslor and to @cruzn single, may you both have many happy returns of the day!

@kazu talk about timing - glad Jose is close to the top of the list, rather than being at the bottom and waiting for months on end.  As someone else said, be kind to yourself, you're doing the best for him and for you as well. 

Ta ta for now!

• Like 21

2 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Happy Birthday! Hope your new year is filled with laughter, love, great health and a cruise!

7F98678F-D63D-49A0-A7A8-0D968B0CDFCD.jpeg.fb3fd0aac4f692d02b11b2942fe9114a.jpeg

• Like 15

37 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

A quick check-in before we head over to celebrate our friend's birthday.   Speaking of which . . .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to @Suslor and to @cruzn single, may you both have many happy returns of the day!

@kazu talk about timing - glad Jose is close to the top of the list, rather than being at the bottom and waiting for months on end.  As someone else said, be kind to yourself, you're doing the best for him and for you as well. 

Ta ta for now!

Happy birthday to your friend Gerry.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday wishes to our family members @Suslorand @cruzn single, as well as Gerry's friend!  Springtime is a great season to have a birthday.

The eye exam went fine.  We discussed the crazy shapes and patterns flashing in my eyes almost every day now.  We discussed family having it, and the fact both my parents had macular degeneration.  He says no sign of MD, and very minor cataract seen at this point so no worries about that for years and years.  Basically I should rest my eyes more and learn to live with my ocular migraine.  It seems to be pretty common.  I spent the afternoon waiting for my dilated eyes to go back to normal.  I've never seen my pupils so large!

One more recommendation is to let my primary care physician know about the eye changes.  Especially after my bumped head last November.  Just in case he wants to do any specific tests.

Roy, you can remove me from the Care list.  Thank you!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Well  I  am off  to  the hospital again  for  another Pet Scan on  31st  March

at  2-40pm and hope  everything is ok  again.

Jim.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Jim.

Prayers for good news after your scan, Jim!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Happy birthday wishes to our family members @Suslorand @cruzn single, as well as Gerry's friend!  Springtime is a great season to have a birthday.

The eye exam went fine.  We discussed the crazy shapes and patterns flashing in my eyes almost every day now.  We discussed family having it, and the fact both my parents had macular degeneration.  He says no sign of MD, and very minor cataract seen at this point so no worries about that for years and years.  Basically I should rest my eyes more and learn to live with my ocular migraine.  It seems to be pretty common.  I spent the afternoon waiting for my dilated eyes to go back to normal.  I've never seen my pupils so large!

One more recommendation is to let my primary care physician know about the eye changes.  Especially after my bumped head last November.  Just in case he wants to do any specific tests.

Roy, you can remove me from the Care list.  Thank you!

I'm pleased to hear you don't have MD.

Sorry that you have the ocular migraine nearly every day and pray it has nothing to do with the knock to your head last November.

Ocular migraine is supposed to be harmless and very common but worrying how it can suddenly appear and get worse but usually clears quickly within 30-60 minutes if you lie down and keep your eyes closed.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Jim.

Best wishes for your Pet Scan Jim.

Graham

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisersSandi, you might try simple aspirin to open up those blood vessels and resolve the visual migraine.  That works for me, if I catch it quickly.  (I take three.)  Couldn't hurt to give it a try.  Also, lights can trigger it, so computer time can be a problem -- and the LED lights that are everywhere now.  

I'm sorry you are experiencing this.  At one time, I went through every test known to man to rule out other things.   That was about 20 years ago.  Now I pretty much know my triggers.

Still, with that bump on your head, please do follow doctors orders.  ❤️

On a happier note, the pretty purple trees are indeed jacarandas.  Downtown San Diego is glorious when they are in bloom.  We also have many Kalmias that appear this time of year.  Springtime in San Diego is very nice.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good Evening from a sunny and warm day at the beach

Havent been the past 2 days because we lost internet and TV connections. The tech spent 3 hours today sorting it out and it is finally working. I felt lost!

@JAM37 Julia, glad you are feeling better. Back pain is wicked

A very Happy Birthday to @Suslorand @cruzn single. May you both have may more.

My brother attended GW and was on the baseball team. The day that Reagan was shot , he was in the ER getting stitches. He said all of a sudden, there were people all over the place and they moved him very quickly to a small room, he thought it was a utility room. LOL. He didnt know until after what had happened. 

Wont be on until late tomorrow. I do have macular degeneration and tomorrow I get the shot in the eye. Sounds worse than it is. Just makes for a sore blurry eye for a few hours. So I will be sitting in a dark room wearing my sunglasses. 

It will also be my sons bday tomorrow. Bought him new golf shoes today. He was very happy.

Continue to stay safe and enjoy this evening

• Like 19