"LIVE" Majestic Princess, Back-to-Back, Apr 2nd to Apr 16th

LACruiser88

20 minutes ago, wallyj said:

No, only Allegro and Concerto open for dinner. Specialty restaurants Harmony and Crown Grill and Bistro Sur La Mer also open. This may explain why dining room seemed very crowded Day 1. Will see about tonight as yesterday was formal so some passengers avoid thinking they need to be dressed up.

@LACruiser88, when I look at the Patter, it only list hours for Allegro and Concerto, no Symphony, so that is why I do not think they are using all 3

The Symphony is definitely open, we had dinner there Saturday night.  They were taking the overflow from the Concerto down the stairs to deck 5.

The Maitre'd told us it would be open for the remainder of this cruise.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The Symphony is definitely open, we ate there Saturday night.  They were taking the overflow from the Concerto down the stairs to deck 5.

I only checked the Patter which might not be up to date? Will check tonight to see if they are still using as overflow. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

If anyone has this answer, I wonder if he will remain on Majestic when it moves to Alaska in May. Sounds like a speaker we would really be interested in hearing. 

he told me he may move over to another princess ship for some hawaii cruises but no mention of alaska...

• Like 1

@LACruiser88 thank you for the missed offer of pillows, we finally got some.  Interestingly, though, only way I got the pillows was because we ran out of toilet paper.  Hardly any on the roll and no extra roll left.  So I had to call and request some.  When a different steward delivered the toilet paper, I made a joke that I figured you had a shortage on toilet paper in addition to pillows.  He said, you need pillows?  And was back in five minutes with two pillows…. Go figure.  First time ever our steward will not get an Extra tip. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mina said:

@LACruiser88 thank you for the missed offer of pillows, we finally got some.  Interestingly, though, only way I got the pillows was because we ran out of toilet paper.  Hardly any on the roll and no extra roll left.  So I had to call and request some.  When a different steward delivered the toilet paper, I made a joke that I figured you had a shortage on toilet paper in addition to pillows.  He said, you need pillows?  And was back in five minutes with two pillows…. Go figure.  First time ever our steward will not get an Extra tip. 

Princess...consistently inconsistent.

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

The Symphony is definitely open, we had dinner there Saturday night.  They were taking the overflow from the Concerto down the stairs to deck 5.

The Maitre'd told us it would be open for the remainder of this cruise.

I asked when I went to dinner tonight, was told currently they are only using Symphony on an as needed basis for overflow. When I finished dinner around 8pm I saw they had very few people, so it is not technically ‘open’ where you can book this dining room. 

It was a beautiful day today in Mazatlan, and the grilled octupus was not bad either!  We also met the infamous Leo Rossi at lunch.  He was seated near us with a friend of ours.

I would highly recommend Muchacho Alegre.  It is about a 30 minute walk from the ship or a $10 ride in the open air "golf cart."

We walked there and rode back.

IMG_20220405_134053_067.jpg

IMG_20220405_134053_102.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 5

It is a cloudy/foggy start to the day in Puerto Vallarta.  Hopefully, it will burn away.  The NCL Bliss is our neighbor and is docked next to the new terminal building.

We'll take the free shuttle to the terminal building.

20220406_080602.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

It was a beautiful day today in Mazatlan, and the grilled octupus was not bad either!  We also met the infamous Leo Rossi at lunch.  He was seated near us with a friend of ours.

I would highly recommend Muchacho Alegre.  It is about a 30 minute walk from the ship or a $10 ride in the open air "golf cart."

We walked there and rode back.

Your lunch looks amazing and making me hungry.

Do you know if Leo Rossi will be on the April 23rd voyage?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Techwizardress said:

Your lunch looks amazing and making me hungry.

Do you know if Leo Rossi will be on the April 23rd voyage?  

I will find out for you.  A friend of ours, that we met on a cruise many years ago, has become his buddy onboard.

It turned out to be a very pleasant day.  We had a fantastic lunch at Pipi's, a restaurant that we have frequented since the late 80's.  They are known for their huge coconut, watermelon, and peach margaritas.  

Their traditional Mexican dishes and seafood dishes are excellent!  They are in the old town and all the locals can direct you to their location.

Today, we went with the coconut margaritas.  Four of them to be exact.  I barely remember returning to the ship!

You can tell by the photos we were the first into the restaurant.  They open for lunch at 1:00 pm.  By the time we left, the place was jumping!

20220406_121637.jpg

20220406_124644.jpg

20220406_125801.jpg

20220406_135751.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 5

On 4/3/2022 at 2:15 PM, LACruiser88 said:

@wallyj Hi there!  Yes, we are in a deck 8 mini suite.  Bianca is great!

It feels like the ship's did pre-covid.  It is cold outside today and we were suprised to see the Lido pool deck full of folks, kids in the pool, lines at the Grill and the Swirl ice cream stand.

Next week, we will be back down to 1,900.

How do you find out the number of people booked on your cruise?

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

We have known the HGM, the Maitre'd, and the Asst Maitre'd for many years.  We asked them.

Who is the Maitre' D & assistant Maitre' D?  Enjoying reading along.  

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I will find out for you.  A friend of ours, that we met on a cruise many years ago, has become his buddy onboard.

It turned out to be a very pleasant day.  We had a fantastic lunch at Pipi's, a restaurant that we have frequented since the late 80's.  They are known for their huge coconut, watermelon, and peach margaritas.  

Their traditional Mexican dishes and seafood dishes are excellent!  They are in the old town and all the locals can direct you to their location.

Today, we went with the coconut margaritas.  Four of them to be exact.  I barely remember returning to the ship!

You can tell by the photos we were the first into the restaurant.  They open for lunch at 1:00 pm.  By the time we left, the place was jumping!

20220406_121637.jpg

20220406_124644.jpg

20220406_125801.jpg

20220406_135751.jpg

4 of those margaritas and i might not remember i am supposed to return to a ship!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Your port photos are lovely! They make me feel as if I were there! 

Probably too early, but I’d love to know passenger numbers for the cruise beginning on the 16th, if you don’t mind asking next week! 

• Like 2

We just received our notification for our back-to-back covid test.  I think it's funny how it's worded,  "Come join us for a mimosa and a casual meeting with some of the popular ship's officers."  And, a complementary swab up the nose!

We are obviously hoping for a better result than we had at the end of February on the Emerald.

I'm sorry about the photo, no matter how it's oriented it will not post correctly.  🤔20220407_110000.thumb.jpg.8bf3f947040316945cd7d270731f80cc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We just received our notification for our back-to-back covid test.  I think it's funny how it's worded,  "Come join us for a mimosa and a casual meeting with some of the popular ship's officers."  And, a complementary swab up the nose!

We are obviously hoping for a better result than we had at the end of February on the Emerald.

I'm sorry about the photo, no matter how it's oriented it will not post correctly.  🤔20220407_110000.thumb.jpg.8bf3f947040316945cd7d270731f80cc.jpg

Mmmmm sounds inviting 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1