Aquaclass Question from First Timer

zackarykeef

Hi!

Thinking of booking the Equinox for July...this would be our first time on Celebrity. The current promotion ends tonight, so I'm scrambling. It says premium drinks included, so I'm assuming that's the premium package as opposed to the classic 🤞

Thoughts on Aquaclass? To my understanding, it just gives you access to Blu and the thermal suite (which I know is smaller on the Equinox compared to the E-class ships). How is Blu?

Also...are all Aquaclass rooms verandah? The guarantee rate is much cheaper, but don't want to risk Aquaclass guarantee if there is a chance of oceanview or inside.

When I did a mock booking, it automatically puts us at Elevate vs Indulge...not sure if there is a huge difference, or what even it would be.

Sorry for all the questions...this booking process is just so different from other lines I've been on, so I don't want to screw anything up! Thanks!

The AQ class rooms are all Veranda Rooms and a bit larger than a standard OV.   With the Guarantee AQ you will get at least (and most probable ) AQ room but some have received a Sky Suite.  AQ class is limited to 2 pax per stateroom to control the capacity of the Blu Restaurant, thus very rarely will there be children unless traveling with a single parent. 

Blu is a beautiful dining room on Equinox and is the perfect balance of passengers and staff.   The menu is nice and you can also order from the MDR menu if you find something you like better.  

One suggestion is to either use an agent or call Celebrity and make sure they explain any limitations with a Guarantee Booking.   Often they are Non-Refundable and in the past often did not have perks but I believe they now come with perks.   Just check so you don't get a surprise.    If booking on your own you can select to  pay additional (about $1,000) for a refundable deposit.

Edited by Jim_Iain

38 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

Hi!

Thinking of booking the Equinox for July...this would be our first time on Celebrity. The current promotion ends tonight, so I'm scrambling. It says premium drinks included, so I'm assuming that's the premium package as opposed to the classic 🤞

Thoughts on Aquaclass? To my understanding, it just gives you access to Blu and the thermal suite (which I know is smaller on the Equinox compared to the E-class ships). How is Blu?

Also...are all Aquaclass rooms verandah? The guarantee rate is much cheaper, but don't want to risk Aquaclass guarantee if there is a chance of oceanview or inside.

When I did a mock booking, it automatically puts us at Elevate vs Indulge...not sure if there is a huge difference, or what even it would be.

Sorry for all the questions...this booking process is just so different from other lines I've been on, so I don't want to screw anything up! Thanks!

Be careful with room selection.  Being on the 11th floor, you could have the gym or pool above you.  There is also a large overhang which restricts sun on your veranda. We book to the aft in order to have a room above us as we are light sleepers.

Blu is a nice restaurant.  The tables are close together which is conducive to conversation but not for privacy.  There are fewer dinner  selections to choose from as compared to the MDR but the food is of excellent quality.  Special requests can be honored.  The breakfast in Blu is really special.  

On the Equinox, we were not able to order from the MDR menu as there is a good distance between kitchens.  However there are some 'everyday' menu items available.  If you want to eat in the MDR one evening, the maitre d' can assist you.

Check out the Aqua class perks online.  

The promotion thst ends tonight does include the Premium beverage package , wi-fi gratuities and som OBC.

Blu is the reason many book Aqua class.   All AQ cabins are on Deck 11 so some are under the buffet or fitness.  So with a guarantee you are taking some risk.

Rather than make a rush decision why not put a Hold on a cabin tonight which would give you until tomorrow night to think about it and get more info.

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Rather than make a rush decision why not put a Hold on a cabin tonight which would give you until tomorrow night to think about it and get more info.

Thanks for this! To hold it, I have to call or go through an agent, correct? I usually just book straight online and haven’t seen hold options before (but haven’t booked X before).

6 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

Thanks for this! To hold it, I have to call or go through an agent, correct? I usually just book straight online and haven’t seen hold options before (but haven’t booked X before).

You can also do a courtesy hold online. Do a mock booking and go all the way to the end and you may see a button to do a hold. If the button is not there navigate away to another part of the X site and a pop up should come up asking if you want to do a courtesy hold. The site can be glitchy sometimes so if those aren't working you can try it over or wait a bit. 

When you book a guarantee and your assigned cabin does not please you, you can always ask to be moved to another cabin in the same class provided one is available, of course.  That's what we did.

3 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

Also…if you’re Aquaclass and you have others that are not…can you dine with them at Silhouette any time, or you have to eat at Blu?

Arrangements need to be made in advance if you want to have dinner in the MDR.  Blu will be your assigned dining room but you do have options.  You may want to consider having dinner at the buffet.  It is more relaxing in the evening.  There are often rotating  theme nights which are very good i.e. German, Italian, seafood, Mexican, Chinese, etc.  

6 hours ago, keesar said:

Arrangements need to be made in advance if you want to have dinner in the MDR.  Blu will be your assigned dining room but you do have options.  You may want to consider having dinner at the buffet.  It is more relaxing in the evening.  There are often rotating  theme nights which are very good i.e. German, Italian, seafood, Mexican, Chinese, etc.  

Also, those sailing with you cannot eat in Blu even for a fee.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, keesar said:

On the Equinox, we were not able to order from the MDR menu as there is a good distance between kitchens.  However there are some 'everyday' menu items available.  If you want to eat in the MDR one evening, the maitre d' can assist you.

Check out the Aqua class perks online.  

We sailed on Equinox in Aqua class in November and December and our waiter in Blu offered us the option of ordering from the MDR nightly. We never asked and were happy with the choices, but the option is definitely there.

Edited by Luvcrusn

12 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

Also…if you’re Aquaclass and you have others that are not…can you dine with them at Silhouette any time, or you have to eat at Blu?

You can dine with them in the MDR. They will not be able to dine with you in Blu unless they are Suite class.

26 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

You can dine with them in the MDR. They will not be able to dine with you in Blu unless they are Suite class.

Additionally, you should check and see what dining they have, anytime or fixed. Your signed seating is in Blu, you do not have a seat assigned in the MDR. If they have fixed times in the MDR you may not be able to eat with them.

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Additionally, you should check and see what dining they have, anytime or fixed. Your signed seating is in Blu, you do not have a seat assigned in the MDR. If they have fixed times in the MDR you may not be able to eat with them.

Thanks! We’re going to do anytime, so hopefully that will be fine. We may not even do Aquaclass…just trying to figure everything out before our decision! Thanks!

Wanted to correct one misstatement above, and comment on eating off the MDR menu.

On S class ships, of which Equinox is one, the Aqua Class cabins are exactly the same size as all the other balcony cabins except the suites.  Some of the cabins are on the hump (where the side of the ship curves out a bit) and those cabins have a bigger balcony than normal.

As far as eating off the MDR menu in Blu, I've found it often depends on who the Maitre d is at the time.  Sometimes they will do it no problem, and other times you need to push them a bit as they do need to go a little out of their way and if it is very crowded and busy they may be reluctant to do it. As ship capacities increase they may push back a little more.  But we have done it at times. And I'm speaking of S class ships.  On M class the kitchens are together so it is no issue.  

We pick Aqua Class specifically for Blu as we enjoy eating there for both breakfast and dinner.  We are not spa people, but the S class spa area is nice, if not as nice as the ones on Edge class.