Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

Bon voyage! My DH and I will look forward to following your latest adventure.  We are avid Celebrity cruisers (as a matter of fact, we are in FLL this evening awaiting our 1st Apex cruise tomorrow), but I am relatively new to posting.  By the way, we will celebrate my retirement from teaching by taking a Pacific Coastal cruise on Millenium in September— in our 1st Aqua class cabin. (Which, thanks to your review will be the same cabin you and Iain enjoyed!)  Looking forward to your posts. 

Just left Silhouette this morning and left you with a wonderful crew and a great ship! So sorry I couldn't stay on board for the transatlantic- both for the experience and a chance to cruise with you!

Looking forward to following your adventures!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm rolling on the floor...  I had to explain HRH to my British Husband.    --- I explained it as Her Royal Highness.     The RS is beautiful and they did a nice job on the Revolution. Pictures will follow

Or His Royal Highness

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are finally moving at 7:20 and on our way.   

Bon Voyage

Watched the webcam until 23:30 (UK time) then sleep took over and missed the sail away.

Look forward to your blog until we are onboard on the 21st.

btw,,Social media is full of reports from X that they are seriously considering having no pre boarding tests for Europe sailings,,especially now that Spain have scrapped their requirements for testing and PLF forms for cruisers.

Its believed that’s why X are leaving it so late to announce protocols for European sailings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Safe journey everyone ...

Can anyone onboard answer a couple of questions please ... 

Is the buffet in Oceanview still being served ??

Can you pls let me know who the CD and his team are ... I know some people think this irrelevant, but we have cruised a lot with Celebrity and know quite a few of them already from previous cruises.

Thank you 🙂 

17 hours ago, rim140 said:

We boarded before noon today, very quick (we had our Bermuda TA approved yesterday afternoon thank goodness). Saw on FB posting, there were couple of guys from Bermuda processing TA for the people who didnt have approvals (or did not know of the requirements), apparently 400 of 1200 passengers did not have approvals...

We already hit the Martini Bar (Lycheemartini was very good I might add...thanks Yopi at the Martini bar, he did very good), and off to Sushi on Five for light lunch...with some sake off course. We had the entire restaurant for ourselves!!! 😁

20220408_123920.jpg

20220408_123624.jpg

20220408_123953.jpg

20220408_132838.jpg

20220408_131057.jpg

20220408_133356.jpg

20220408_140003.jpg

I noticed from your photos that Yopi is in the martini bar , could you tell me if Pradana and Adi are the table waiters.

Thanks Jim and Grace.

2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

btw,,Social media is full of reports from X that they are seriously considering having no pre boarding tests for Europe sailings,,especially now that Spain have scrapped their requirements for testing and PLF forms for cruisers.

Its believed that’s why X are leaving it so late to announce protocols for European sailings.

BUT, you do have to be fully vaccinated + booster if your 2nd vaccination was more than 270 days from the END of your cruise.

There doesn’t seem to be a time expiry to the Booster, but I’m not worried about that now, as we had our Spring Booster (2nd booster)on 6 th April.🤗

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, BEAV said:

I sailed to Bermuda last September and they had folks in the terminal in Boston to assist with the forms as well. They even sailed with us to Bermuda to conduct onboard PCR testing that they required at the time. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they sail with you, too, to continue assisting with the forms. 

I haven't heard if they did but will ask.    I heard a number of people complaining of the ordeal.    One suite guest said he got to the Terminal at 11:00 and wasn't able to board until 3:30.   

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

That was how I was getting around it as well.   I only had to do it for pictures I took with the phone vertical.  If the phone was held horizontal when taking the picture it was not necessary.

Also, I noted on the TV they showed the Hotel Director as one person but the letter we received asking for comments on the ship and crew had another name for Hotel Director.  The name on the letter was the name given to me by the  Retreat Concierge not the name of the person shown on TV. 

There has been quite a bit of new staff that came aboard.   You may have noticed Infinity sitting at the port.    They are using it for quarantined staff and all the staff that tested positive were moved to Infinity.   

The staff have all been accommodating.  

Last night in Retreat we met Daniel (from Southampton) the Retreat Manager and Violetta (from Spain) the Captain Club Manager.   Daniel let slip that he was on a reconnaissance mission from Violetta to find us so she could introduce herself.    She wanted to let us know that the Captain's Toast was being postponed to about day 6.  

1 hour ago, kasijab said:

Safe journey everyone ...

Can anyone onboard answer a couple of questions please ... 

Is the buffet in Oceanview still being served ??

Can you pls let me know who the CD and his team are ... I know some people think this irrelevant, but we have cruised a lot with Celebrity and know quite a few of them already from previous cruises.

Thank you 🙂 

The buffet is still serving by the ship staff but guests can get their own drinks.

The Cruise Director is Tim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lola2013 said:

There you go.  Did you see me waving as you sailed by?

Unfortunately we were in our room for sail-away getting things unpacked.   We are on Port side so all we saw was that small island.

14 hours ago, NCNina said:

Bon voyage! My DH and I will look forward to following your latest adventure.  We are avid Celebrity cruisers (as a matter of fact, we are in FLL this evening awaiting our 1st Apex cruise tomorrow), but I am relatively new to posting.  By the way, we will celebrate my retirement from teaching by taking a Pacific Coastal cruise on Millenium in September— in our 1st Aqua class cabin. (Which, thanks to your review will be the same cabin you and Iain enjoyed!)  Looking forward to your posts. 

Congratulations on your retirement. 

The Millennium Coastal was a really fun cruise and I would definitely do it again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Watched the webcam until 23:30 (UK time) then sleep took over and missed the sail away.

Look forward to your blog until we are onboard on the 21st.

That may be a good reason to delay the announcement, but after the debacle of the Bermuda TA one would think they would learn.