Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

Day 2 Lunch -

image.thumb.png.a17630908fcadaaecaab139b2113d07e.png

We ate lite for lunch as tonight is our first Chic Night

I had the Cobb Salad and Iain had the Grilled Feta Salad (actually the only thing grilled was the asparagus)

C1938C45-8B94-4410-817D-B1D4ABA1CBDA.thumb.jpeg.e50a0136aa33f4671be2411f0c955d8b.jpeg

08741FDD-8C55-4526-B650-4560E9A145E9.thumb.jpeg.a3b8acfe1e0078d4486cd5d63adf6cbe.jpeg

AC07223B-39D6-41AD-B594-34F5B7517011.thumb.jpeg.d67a329b92d3e20c83f24c6aa73898f4.jpeg

For Desert we both had the Black Forest Cake Revisitied

1CAB5A6B-3373-4C3B-912A-61F0961275C8.thumb.jpeg.9522be15dabe8954ef03df0b0c64b689.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 9

Just now, jules27556 said:

Love the pictures, especially the Lobster roll!  I am starting to feel like Pavlov's dog! 🤣

I’m going to try to put names to many of the weird deserts that are a bit poetic liberty. 

This is the White Chocolate Mouse 

2022-04-09_3-49-28.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks --- I saw a tread yesterday that you might be helpful with.    They had a silly question with much speculation.   They wanted to know if you have a Service Animal -  Where does it GO.     I chuckled and said Henrietta is such a lady she would probably say -  I use the toilet where else.   LOL

That is definitely the number 1 (no pun intended) question that I get asked about her on the cruise ship!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are on Port side so all we saw was that small island.

Are you sure you are not on the starboard ? (1612 is on the right side of the ship)...

Best any way. As they say Port Out Starboard Home (to and from England that is, ie POSH)🤣 

• Like 1

Just now, groryjm said:

Are you sure you are not on the starboard ? (1612 is on the right side of the ship)...

Best any way. As they say Port Out Starboard Home (to and from England that is, ie POSH)🤣 

Your right I was thinking the same thing today while out working.   We are indeed Starboard.

Yea... my understanding was that that was in reference to sailing from the UK to India.   We are POSH regardless.   LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Your right I was thinking the same thing today while out working.   We are indeed Starboard.

Yea... my understanding was that that was in reference to sailing from the UK to India.   We are POSH regardless.   LOL

True, but not for the reason most people think. It was so the ladies could avoid the worst of the sun - pale skin being essential only working class people had tans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Captain and Senior Staff 

I know some have not seen them out in the wild.   I did see Captain George Staff  Captain Nigel and Chief Engineer Nigel.   They were just lit and about. 

F0B2F4D7-3E93-4BE7-9185-E0ACEA068FA5.thumb.jpeg.cf05cc8f51db32f2b79bf21484135f03.jpeg

7170AB59-0D65-4543-8B4D-0345FA2E0EDC.thumb.jpeg.ff38333b30548c3a979c150ac498df20.jpeg

FADFDE54-D5FE-4D5F-9692-479BD2F761F8.thumb.jpeg.4868fa9dbb8aed93e0a1b4020e9e76ca.jpeg

A209D626-E94D-42B7-9A79-90937BBFC793.thumb.jpeg.00891156355e3bc7076b4f2ec702cbaa.jpeg

835E6B10-B645-4086-89D0-BA5A381E6998.thumb.jpeg.cc904be41b9d6fc056287e6cfd850d13.jpeg

We met Nigle Smyth on our last cruise before lock down. Great bloke to chat to. We had riding motorcycles in common. I think he had a BMW GS which he used for touring.

Do we all get to see your RS, most of us perhaps will never have the good fortune to be able to sail in one. Hear a great first leg.

Edited by Redrobo

I see they are still showing John Flynn as the Hotel Director.  We were told it was someone else and even received a letter from that person as HD.   No need to dig into just interesting factoid. 

We were impressed by Daniel and his team.  I think  you will be too.  They all worked together and took great care of us. 

Just now, Redrobo said:

We met Nigle Smyth on our last cruise before lock down. Great bloke to chat to. We had riding motorcycles in common. I think he had a BMW GS which he used for touring.

Do we all get to see your RS, most of us perhaps will never have the good fortune to be able to sail in one. Hear a great first leg.

I just posted so you will see it shortly.   Decent internet (I know many complain)  Much slower than home but the RS Pictures were 98 Megs and uploaded in in less than a minute.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just posted so you will see it shortly.   Decent internet (I know many complain)  Much slower than home but the RS Pictures were 98 Megs and uploaded in in less than a minute.

Wonderful pictures…love the food pics!

Just now, DaKahuna said:

I see they are still showing John Flynn as the Hotel Director.  We were told it was someone else and even received a letter from that person as HD.   No need to dig into just interesting factoid. 

We were impressed by Daniel and his team.  I think  you will be too.  They all worked together and took great care of us. 

We had lots of fun with Daniel and Violetta last night.    Violetta was giving him a hard time when we were talking about dinner time.   She said -  you Brits eat so so early.  

I finally figured out my confusion about the lawns by the Sunset Bar.   They took the lawns out on both Port and Starboard sides.    Nicely done.   On the crossing the Starboard side has nice shade most of the day. 

Just now, 360Guy said:

Wonderful pictures…love the food pics!

Some of the desert photos I'm using to remind me as I can never figure out what to expect with many of the deserts. 

We do a lot of mixing and matching of selections from the MDR, Luminae, Everyday Items and the Kids Menu    

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We had lots of fun with Daniel and Violetta last night.    Violetta was giving him a hard time when we were talking about dinner time.   She said -  you Brits eat so so early.  

I finally figured out my confusion about the lawns by the Sunset Bar.   They took the lawns out on both Port and Starboard sides.    Nicely done.   On the crossing the Starboard side has nice shade most of the day. 

I do not recall our meeting Violetta but then again I believe the Zenith's are better taken care of.  Just wait until you stop by the Retreat Lounge in the morning and meet Mercy.  She is just so full of life and energy.  She treated us great.  So did Anthony the bartender.  My wife kept him confused the whole cruise by not ordering the same thing every time (she kept swapping between Cranberry juice and Ginger Ale as her mixer).  

Yes the only real lawn left now is between the Lawn Club Grill and the aft stack where the big screen TV is located. (above the giant sized wooden chairs).  

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Some of the desert photos I'm using to remind me as I can never figure out what to expect with many of the deserts. 

We do a lot of mixing and matching of selections from the MDR, Luminae, Everyday Items and the Kids Menu    

Jim thanks as I learned about the kids menu from you on the Millenium Pacific Coastal cruise blog back in October from San Diego.  We loved it and our first time in Aqua.  Blu was very nice. Now I know about the petite filets as back up if I don’t like anything on offer!

Just now, DaKahuna said:

That's interesting.   We received a letter from John Flynn today welcoming us aboard.   Maybe it is canned messaging.    I'll see what I can find out on our next recognizance mission.

Just now, 360Guy said:

Jim thanks as I learned about the kids menu from you on the Millenium Pacific Coastal cruise blog back in October from San Diego.  We loved it and our first time in Aqua.  Blu was very nice. Now I know about the petite filets as back up if I don’t like anything on offer!

I was just mentioning it today to Iain.    I said we will have to order the Grilled Cheese Sandwich again for lunch.    When I had it last time the Chef actually made it out of 3 different types of cheese.   Was really yummy.

• Like 1

Many had asked on our Roll Call about the weather on an Mid-Atlantic East Bound TA.  Thought I might pass on as we travel east.

There was a cool front moving into Southern Florida just as we left so was very mild.

First Day at Sea -

Temperatures -   65 - 72

Winds -   Westerly 25-30 MPH

Swells -   10-12 Ft

Clouds -  Scattered

from one of my favorite apps. Windy

Swells

EE3056A2-5108-469D-9C6E-EA9D102CC78F.thumb.png.694875cf97579b46b454e6c84d1695f2.png

Winds

9D31D2C8-D988-420A-8847-A98A43092114.thumb.png.4e9edaaca88757dd715bd53624d45216.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was just mentioning it today to Iain.    I said we will have to order the Grilled Cheese Sandwich again for lunch.    When I had it last time the Chef actually made it out of 3 different types of cheese.   Was really yummy.

We were in Niagara Falls Canada last September and in the little bistro in the Hilton we had their "Not your children's grilled cheese sandwich" it had 3 cheeses, thick slices of bacon and a chipotle aioli sauce, it was the absolutely best one we have ever had, and neither of us are great fans.  Was this one you describe in the Luminae? I may want one on the Reflection in August. Maybe the Chef would add bacon as bacon makes everything better. Glad you and Lain are having a fabulous time so far. Loved the pic of the Royal Suite.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We were in Niagara Falls Canada last September and in the little bistro in the Hilton we had their "Not your children's grilled cheese sandwich" it had 3 cheeses, thick slices of bacon and a chipotle aioli sauce, it was the absolutely best one we have ever had, and neither of us are great fans.  Was this one you describe in the Luminae? I may want one on the Reflection in August. Maybe the Chef would add bacon as bacon makes everything better. Glad you and Lain are having a fabulous time so far. Loved the pic of the Royal Suite.

The one I had in Luminae was just cheese and tomato.   I’m sure they would accommodate if you ask. 

41 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

A few extra pounds on your stomach at the end of the cruise, enjoy them you are on vacation.