Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, franco2 said:

I noticed from your photos that Yopi is in the martini bar , could you tell me if Pradana and Adi are the table waiters.

Thanks Jim and Grace.

Will take a look -   The Waiter we have is Dudi and asst Waiter is Abdul.   I will have to check on the ones you mentioned.

13 hours ago, DUTRAVEL said:

Bon voyage - looking forwarding to following all of your adventures!

Thanks --- I saw a tread yesterday that you might be helpful with.    They had a silly question with much speculation.   They wanted to know if you have a Service Animal -  Where does it GO.     I chuckled and said Henrietta is such a lady she would probably say -  I use the toilet where else.   LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

BUT, you do have to be fully vaccinated + booster if your 2nd vaccination was more than 270 days from the END of your cruise.

There doesn’t seem to be a time expiry to the Booster, but I’m not worried about that now, as we had our Spring Booster (2nd booster)on 6 th April.🤗

You are right the Booster is the answer to everything.

3 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Watched the webcam until 23:30 (UK time) then sleep took over and missed the sail away.

Look forward to your blog until we are onboard on the 21st.

btw,,Social media is full of reports from X that they are seriously considering having no pre boarding tests for Europe sailings,,especially now that Spain have scrapped their requirements for testing and PLF forms for cruisers.

Its believed that’s why X are leaving it so late to announce protocols for European sailings.

Not so sure of this. Princess has released their protocols and testing is required 1 day before boarding now, at least from Italy and Spain. It’s the country rule, not the cruise line. Also, many people were denied boarding in Barcelona last week because their second vaccine was too long ago and they weren’t boosted. While I hope you are correct, I won’t believe it until I see it.

I believe Spain only scrapped their rules on PLF and testing yesterday.

Princess wouldn’t have known that.

If Celebrity don’t come out with their European protocols by Monday I will book a PLF test for the day before our 21st April cruise on X.

25 minutes ago, 39august said:

What is a PLF test, please? I assume this is for travel to Europe?

Hi

My mistake in writing.

For us in the UK to travel to Spain we had to fill in a Passenger Locator Form (PLF).

We have not required a Covid Lateral Flow Test (LFT) for a long time,what you would call an Antigen test I believe.

Yesterday Spain scrapped the need for a PLF,I’m only talking from the UK.

I’m not sure if there is now any country in Europe that requires a Covid test for entry.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

20 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

My mistake in writing.

For us in the UK to travel to Spain we had to fill in a Passenger Locator Form (PLF).

We have not required a Covid Lateral Flow Test (LFT) for a long time,what you would call an Antigen test I believe.

I’m not sure if there is now any country in Europe that requires a Covid test for entry.

Thank you.   Spain:  Off topic but for UK as of 6 April with EU digital vaccine certificate no PLF, but for US citizens per state department website (our vaccinations are not EU equivalent) still need a PLF.  PLUS you need the maritime PLF not the other one which is for air arrivals.  And while many in the US received an email stating 2 day COVID test for the 21 April sailing, much traffic on CC roll calls about 1 day testing or no testing at all!   Clear as mud!   Will keep reading posts and waiting for official updates from Celebrity and on our app.   

30 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

My mistake in writing.

They don’t require for entry as long as fully vaccinated. My son lives in Spain. He is currently in Italy and going back home tomorrow. He is still required to fill out their equivalent of a Passenger locator form so not sure about Spain scrapping it

This was posted on the 4/27 Beyond Roll Call:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/healthy-at-sea/southampton-travel-requirements

Testing per this webpage is 1 day prior.   I find it interesting that the webpage and app still not updated to this link…you only get to this celebrity page using the /Southampton-travel-requirements.  

1 minute ago, 360Guy said:

This was posted on the 4/27 Beyond Roll Call:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/healthy-at-sea/southampton-travel-requirements

Testing per this webpage is 1 day prior.   I find it interesting that the webpage and app still not updated to this link…you only get to this celebrity page using the /Southampton-travel-requirements.  

Hi

Just saw the Southampton travel requirements……

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. For itineraries that have a port of call in Spain OR end in Spain, the pre-arrival test must be within one day of sailing regardless of homeport. 
  • Not Up to Date* Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.  

That’s sorted then……

2 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. For itineraries that have a port of call in Spain OR end in Spain, the pre-arrival test must be within one day of sailing regardless of homeport. 
  • Not Up to Date* Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.  

That’s sorted then……

Hope Rome is the same 🤞🏻

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

They don’t require for entry as long as fully vaccinated. My son lives in Spain. He is currently in Italy and going back home tomorrow. He is still required to fill out their equivalent of a Passenger locator form so not sure about Spain scrapping it

Hi

Sorry Jim for highjacking your thread,,,I’m out of protocols posts now.

A quick Google found this from A Spanish website.

New! 06/04/2022 – From now on, tourists travelling to Spain by air and holding an EU Digital Covid certificate or equivalent, will no longer need to fill in a health control form through the website www.spth.gob.es or the Spain Travel Health application.

18 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Sorry Jim for highjacking your thread,,,I’m out of protocols posts now.

A quick Google found this from A Spanish website.

New! 06/04/2022 – From now on, tourists travelling to Spain by air and holding an EU Digital Covid certificate or equivalent, will no longer need to fill in a health control form through the website www.spth.gob.es or the Spain Travel Health application.

And note that the above will not apply to US travelers, as the Spanish website makes it clear that the CDC vaccine card is NOT equivalent to the EU Digital COVID certificate. (Presumably as it is not digital....)

Catch up time again. 

Day 1 Dinner

We went to dinner around 8:45 and it was really quiet as they said they had been busy early.  There is a large British passenger load and it was suggested they were dining early. 

1543174174_Luminae-Dinner_Page_01.thumb.jpg.930cdfd6f95b972a67311607d7613f11.jpg

1543174174_Luminae-Dinner_Page_02.thumb.jpg.8d1b7fa87e948c9ee43471ce81b9872b.jpg

Amuse Bousche

B2AD322B-C61A-474D-9534-227C51219080.thumb.jpeg.7ab2b19d07597d7bcde749fb0c5c3ee8.jpeg

Ham and Cheese croquette

decided on the Smoked Tomato Soup as a starter

6F1461E9-01A1-4C42-B6BF-5C16B4A1F00C.thumb.jpeg.38d49ff6c42541accd79d7dde247d818.jpeg

Prime Rib from MDR for dinner. 

image.png.17da2b914a46465b316e64b69fb53084.png

I always get a kick out of the deserts.    Their descriptions no way match what comes out.

1543174025_Luminae-Dessert_Page_02.jpg

This is the Brown Butter Pear -   It was yummy

26A3D2EA-3173-4423-B643-A3F42064D1A6.jpeg

Prime Rib.jpg

1543174174_Luminae-Dinner_Page_02.jpg

1543174174_Luminae-Dinner_Page_01.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

That’s sorted then……

The 2 day testing requirements is also what it shows in our Guest Ticket Booklet for 7 May sailing on Silhouette. Wether or not any particular country does or doesn't want something is academic because at the very least we have to meet X's minimum requirement. 

• Like 1

I can’t drink alcohol and normally have a glass of Fre Red.   The Sommelier suggested something he had a limited supply of.    I’ve never heard of it but is really good.

A4061571-9743-499B-B6C3-AA01BECF9875.thumb.jpeg.50031c252ecf694491c3ca36f284063e.jpeg 

The website said it could be aged for 5 years so may have been left hover from pre pandemic.  

• Like 7

Captain and Senior Staff 

I know some have not seen them out in the wild.   I did see Captain George Staff  Captain Nigel and Chief Engineer Nigel.   They were just lit and about. 

F0B2F4D7-3E93-4BE7-9185-E0ACEA068FA5.thumb.jpeg.cf05cc8f51db32f2b79bf21484135f03.jpeg

7170AB59-0D65-4543-8B4D-0345FA2E0EDC.thumb.jpeg.ff38333b30548c3a979c150ac498df20.jpeg

FADFDE54-D5FE-4D5F-9692-479BD2F761F8.thumb.jpeg.4868fa9dbb8aed93e0a1b4020e9e76ca.jpeg

A209D626-E94D-42B7-9A79-90937BBFC793.thumb.jpeg.00891156355e3bc7076b4f2ec702cbaa.jpeg

835E6B10-B645-4086-89D0-BA5A381E6998.thumb.jpeg.cc904be41b9d6fc056287e6cfd850d13.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Couple posts from my walk today.   First a common question about the length of the walking path.  

2E4E43C4-9994-4C77-A3B8-5F5D1FC20BF1.thumb.jpeg.1dc2bee64c4086e9f2c6e695739679a9.jpeg

The under used Cabanas 

2FF10FC7-B2EB-45F7-8407-EA4B92955FCD.thumb.jpeg.45d0d66b49d368792c3dbecf65258123.jpeg

and a stow away.    Wonder if he got his Bermuda Travel Authorization 

32F6543B-68F1-41EA-B6F0-AE25B18018B1.thumb.jpeg.e63dcca7196795b5cc946c346d5f113c.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 17