Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim,

I was just speaking with Laurence, the Luminae Maitre’d, and she informed me that a lot of new staff will be embarking tomorrow in FLL.  They will have to undergo the five day quarantine/isolation and testing before they will start their jobs.  At least they should be up to full staff for most of your TA. 

I was somewhat expecting that they would start rotating out some of their staff for the European Season.   I've read on our roll call that a number of people had their cabins moved without any notice.   Wonder if that was for isolation purposes.    Some are not happy campers as they booked specific rooms 2 years ago.

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was somewhat expecting that they would start rotating out some of their staff for the European Season.   I've read on our roll call that a number of people had their cabins moved without any notice.   Wonder if that was for isolation purposes.    Some are not happy campers as they booked specific rooms 2 years ago.

I have not heard anything about cabin changes but I have talked with two crew members who have mentioned leaving in Lisbon and one that will be leaving at the end of your second leg. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Stopped by Whole Foods on the way back and had lunch.  The skies started to get dark so went back to the hotel.  Thank God we got back when we did.   A huge deluge hit about 10 minutes after we got back. 

Hi there, we are also in FLL, having taken the redeye from L.A. last night. I was wondering where all that gorgeous blue sky and white cloud action was, because we woke up to the storm - just like this, with all the sound effects. We are still hunkered down but time to go out for dinner soon. See you tomorrow!

BTW our Bermuda authorisations came in, very timely.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, alisonfe said:

Hi there, we are also in FLL, having taken the redeye from L.A. last night. I was wondering where all that gorgeous blue sky and white cloud action was, because we woke up to the storm - just like this, with all the sound effects. We are still hunkered down but time to go out for dinner soon. See you tomorrow!

BTW our Bermuda authorisations came in, very timely.

You're experiencing what is known to us South Floridians as a Summer weather pattern.  Rain every afternoon and steamy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gordylad said:

Jim We are staying at the Embassy suites in November. Is it an easy walk to the centre?

G.

Yes.   It is an easy walk -  2 miles about a 45 minute walk to top of Las Olas.  

Google maps for some reason shows a route that doesn't make much sense at 2.6 miles. 

I use the Apple maps --- last time we just took off walking and kept coming to dead ends with no way to cross the canals so used a mapping program on my phone this time.    Most direct is Left on 17th right on  Hwy 1 South Federal Hwy and you will end up at Las Olas. 

Totally flat except when crossing the canal which is a mild incline.

52 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Did you use the Emed self tests or did you use drug store or lab that sent results to you?

We did the Emed monitored self test.   Very efficient.   They  connected to an agent in about 20 seconds and had our results via e-mail within 2 minutes of the end of the Test. 

I thought it was weird that after all the protocols to watch the test they  had us hold our card up to the camera to verify the QR code but then ask us if two lines showed or one and didn't verify.

Charlie Brown Dancing GIF - Charlie Brown Dancing Dance GIFs

Just got a Call from Celebrity at 4:00 PM - 

They gave us a Gratis Upgrade to the same RS for the cruise departing tomorrow.   Must have been a last minute cancellation or failed test as they rejected our Upgrade Bid yesterday.

• Like 59

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They gave us a Gratis Upgrade to the same RS for the cruise departing tomorrow.   Must have been a last minute cancellation or failed test as they rejected our Upgrade Bid yesterday.

👍😎🍾🍷🥃🥂🎉

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We did the Emed monitored self test.   Very efficient.   They  connected to an agent in about 20 seconds and had our results via e-mail within 2 minutes of the end of the Test. 

I thought it was weird that after all the protocols to watch the test they  had us hold our card up to the camera to verify the QR code but then ask us if two lines showed or one and didn't verify.

I though the same thing about interpreting the results from Emed.  I wasn't sure if the proctor was also looking at the results in addition to the QR code.  

I am interested in your process for forwarding the results.  When I go into my app I see my results but I'm not sure how I see to download the results to a pdf.  Did you get the PDF from an e-mail?

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Congratulations.  I'm glad the upgrade fairy found you.

• Like 4

Jim, Totally awesome and so well deserved.  Fantastic.  A RS for all 3 cruises with no moving/packing and the top suite perks.  Hooray. Enjoy every moment. We are all so blessed with your daily posts and reports so full of helpful information but also allowing us to follow along. Thank you.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow...what luck.  You should run out and buy a lottery ticket!!!

Enjoy.

Susan

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim,

I was just speaking with Laurence, the Luminae Maitre’d, and she informed me that a lot of new staff will be embarking tomorrow in FLL.  They will have to undergo the five day quarantine/isolation and testing before they will start their jobs.  At least they should be up to full staff for most of your TA. 

Ah, Laurence, my favorite Luminae maitre d'!  Have sailed with her twice.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Great news!  Moving is not that difficult but it always better to be able to stay in the same cabin.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Ah, Laurence, my favorite Luminae maitre d'!  Have sailed with her twice.

She was wonderful and was doing everything she could to make sure guest were taken care of, even after loosing three of her ‘rock stars’ in Luminae. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Congrats!

And some lucky souls are no doubt going to get your CS, and the domino upgrades continues...

• Like 5

Woo Hoo!

Congratulations 🙂

Enjoy!  Enjoy!!  Enjoy!!!

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Lovely news to end my day. Enjoy every moment.

14 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Did you use the Emed self tests or did you use drug store or lab that sent results to you?

We used Binax tests administered/proctored by Inspire Diagnostics - the ones linked to for U.S. citizens on Celebrity site. We used them for an RCL cruise March 5 and now for this upcoming April 8. We purchased and "registered" the tests while selecting a proctored (zoom meeting) test. The actual testing "stuff" then arrived quickly in the mail.

Jim

When you get to Luminae, see about getting Vikash as your server.

We had Marlon for most of the cruise and I could have spoken more about our experience with him, but he is currently in isolation as a contact trace and will not be back until Tuesday.

Vikash took over cold turkey and we were very impressed.

Just an option.

Randy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes.   It is an easy walk -  2 miles about a 45 minute walk to top of Las Olas.  

Google maps for some reason shows a route that doesn't make much sense at 2.6 miles. 

I use the Apple maps --- last time we just took off walking and kept coming to dead ends with no way to cross the canals so used a mapping program on my phone this time.    Most direct is Left on 17th right on  Hwy 1 South Federal Hwy and you will end up at Las Olas. 

Totally flat except when crossing the canal which is a mild incline.

There is also a little yellow Sun Trolley in FLL that takes you all around. https://www.suntrolley.com/how-to-ride/how-to-ride-the-trolley/

• Like 2