Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was thinking the same thing here at the hotel.   The sign said 2 pax only and 10 people piled onto the elevator.

I splurged on some 3M N95's masks and really like them.    They really seal well and have a foam strip on the top that prevent glasses from fogging up.   The ones I got are called aura 9205+ and are the Fish design.  

Are these the ones that go around the head and not the ears? We are flying to Rome next month and the masks that go around the ears really start to hurt after a few hours. I have also read that Italy requires FFP2 masks, so hoping N95 or KN95 will suffice 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

F5F24CFF-3BB3-471E-9073-350D14E15A7A.thumb.jpeg.a311477e763325f1b63b04f8e720f7d8.jpegLast night we walked down the street and had dinner at Carabba's, which is a really

nice Italian place.   We had a short 5 minute wait but the service was exceptional.   The food portion are huge and VERY good.

4855F37D-3026-49DC-A317-1492B4A675DC.thumb.jpeg.5a4bdd3b9a14b34b2fa21e41ad8a0509.jpeg

45F5A160-0817-4C8F-BF2B-64A905E03F17.thumb.jpeg.21429ed4ce39e9cd457f86ff9f91770c.jpeg

37D00314-47C5-4FDF-A95B-52511CE880DD.thumb.jpeg.c8064dacf1c580817a2172cc66219b81.jpeg

748F2046-55D6-404F-A215-66C9E1707F2A.thumb.jpeg.ad498cc46fc13c193c03941dd0a94fdb.jpeg

Iain had the Lobster Ravioli with and a bowl of Lentil Soup as a starter and I had an appetizer (Calamari, Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms and Fried Mozzarella.    Huge portions and I couldn't finish.  

Really would recommend the place.     By California standards the price was about 1/2 of what we would have paid for a dinner of the same caliber.

For desert we had Tiramisu.        

We always do one night at that Carrabbas..We have the Club Card that includes Bonefish Grill,  Outback and an upscale steak house near our place in Sarasota,

We also do  one night dinner at the Mex nearby..great food and service!

So many options on 17th St..Along Las Olas, and even more via the  water taxi route.

Fla is not strict with masking, but we followed our own rules during snowbird season.  Lots to do outdoors,.feeling free and less Covid stress  compared to NY..where we are now.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

The anticipation of Silhouette being back in Southampton is also increasing, because that means Celebrity might at last issue their European protocols.

At least we had our Spring Booster on Wednesday.😱

We have our Guest Ticket Booklet for our 7 May Silhouette cruise to Norway. The health link now says:

Effective 15 April 2022 all guests must present a negative covid test as an Antigen or pcr taken within 2 days of embarkation.

• Like 2

Jim,

I'm waiting to hear how the check-in went with the Bermuda Travel Authorization.  I know you were successful, but I wonder how many people had problems.  I'm seeing some reports that Bermuda is swamped and may not have the computer support to process all of these applications.  I'm wondering how Celebrity handles the people that weren't successful.  

58 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Jim,

I'm waiting to hear how the check-in went with the Bermuda Travel Authorization.  I know you were successful, but I wonder how many people had problems.  I'm seeing some reports that Bermuda is swamped and may not have the computer support to process all of these applications.  I'm wondering how Celebrity handles the people that weren't successful.  

I'm anxious to hear how this goes as well.  Our May 4 cruise is still not listed on the Bermuda website.  They have a Summit cruise dated May 7.  No such thing.  Maybe their IT people are not quite up to speed?  I sent a note to the shoreside concierge today to see if she has any light to shed on the subject.

20 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I'm anxious to hear how this goes as well.  Our May 4 cruise is still not listed on the Bermuda website.  They have a Summit cruise dated May 7.  No such thing.  Maybe their IT people are not quite up to speed?  I sent a note to the shoreside concierge today to see if she has any light to shed on the subject.

Let us know what you hear from the shoreside concierge.  We'll be on the May 13 Summit sailing, hopefully you and Jim will sort out all of the problems for us. 😉

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Jim,

We boarded before noon today, very quick (we had our Bermuda TA approved yesterday afternoon thank goodness). Saw on FB posting, there were couple of guys from Bermuda processing TA for the people who didnt have approvals (or did not know of the requirements), apparently 400 of 1200 passengers did not have approvals...

We already hit the Martini Bar (Lycheemartini was very good I might add...thanks Yopi at the Martini bar, he did very good), and off to Sushi on Five for light lunch...with some sake off course. We had the entire restaurant for ourselves!!! 😁

20220408_123920.jpg

20220408_123624.jpg

20220408_123953.jpg

20220408_132838.jpg

20220408_131057.jpg

20220408_133356.jpg

20220408_140003.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Are these the ones that go around the head and not the ears? We are flying to Rome next month and the masks that go around the ears really start to hurt after a few hours. I have also read that Italy requires FFP2 masks, so hoping N95 or KN95 will suffice 

Based on this website you are fine.

Celebrity schedule depart it's at 4PM, I Just check Port Everglades cruise ship schedule, Silhouette depart it's programed at 6PM.

Hope everybody can get his Bermuda travel authorization and board this TA

Edited by gerelmx

11 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

There is half an hour left before departure, will this be delayed because many passengers lack travel authorization to Bermuda?
I hope this issue is resolved for all passengers

The port schedule currently shows a 6:00 departure.

12 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

The port schedule currently shows a 6:00 departure.

Sorry didn’t  check port everglades ship schedules, I just edited my post. 2 hours more to process the missing Bermuda authorizations.

Edited by gerelmx

53 minutes ago, rim140 said:

We boarded before noon today, very quick (we had our Bermuda TA approved yesterday afternoon thank goodness). Saw on FB posting, there were couple of guys from Bermuda processing TA for the people who didnt have approvals (or did not know of the requirements), apparently 400 of 1200 passengers did not have approvals...

We already hit the Martini Bar (Lycheemartini was very good I might add...thanks Yopi at the Martini bar, he did very good), and off to Sushi on Five for light lunch...with some sake off course. We had the entire restaurant for ourselves!!! 😁

20220408_123920.jpg

20220408_123624.jpg

20220408_123953.jpg

20220408_132838.jpg

20220408_131057.jpg

20220408_133356.jpg

20220408_140003.jpg

Thanks for the update and the photos , have a wonderful cruise , we don't get on until Southampton.

All the best.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your upgrade!

Your pictures, factual information and personal perspectives offer possible future cruise guests a real feel for the flair and ambiance of the ships you cruise on. I am sure you do more for Celebrity  sales figures than much of their advertising….Come to think of it, perhaps they should be paying you to sail!

Continuing to follow your adventures from a grey and wet England…

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We did the Emed monitored self test.   Very efficient.   They  connected to an agent in about 20 seconds and had our results via e-mail within 2 minutes of the end of the Test. 

I thought it was weird that after all the protocols to watch the test they  had us hold our card up to the camera to verify the QR code but then ask us if two lines showed or one and didn't verify.

There is the possibility that a second/positive line can be faint enough so as not to resolve through a computer/phone camera regardless. I recently had covid and my first/last day positive lines were not strong enough to show up in a phone pic. So you're trusting to people's honesty in some circumstances no matter what. On that cheery thought, have a great (and healthy) voyage!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Based on this website you are fine.

This is from Jan and really doesn’t answer the question unfortunately. It says that the masks aren’t the same and the most recent information from the Italian government says that FFP2 masks are required. Hopefully we will get better information soon

6 hours ago, raudacruise said:

I’ll look for those masks, they must have a better seal than mine. No foam strip so I get fogging. 

They are the best ones I've had.   They are a bit pricey at about $2.00 per mask but well worth it.

4 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Yes.   When I was researching masks I found an article that said ALL N95's have head straps as oppose to the ear loops.     If someone advertises an N95 that have ear loops it is  a knockoff. 

I Googled on the FFP2

What is 3M FFP2?

3M™ Aura™ Particulate Respirator 9320+ provides FFP2 breathing protection with a flat-fold, 3-panel design, low breathing resistance and an embossed, sculpted top panel that can help reduce eyewear fogging.

FFP2 masks filter at least 94% of all aerosols, including airborne viruses such as covid-19. America’s N95 and China’s KN95 masks provide similar levels of protection.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Celebrity schedule depart it's at 4PM, I Just check Port Everglades cruise ship schedule, Silhouette depart it's programed at 6PM.

We are delayed due to late arrival of a truck with some maintenance material they needed before the crossing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, clochette said:

hope that your check in went well and that you are enjoying your first drink on the ship.  Really looking forward to following you on your adventures.

We had our first drink on the Retreat Deck where we were going to do Sail Away.   The  Captain came on and said we would be delayed an hour.    

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Well 6 came and went but we are still sitting here.    Very relaxed on board and no one is bothered.   Just chilling and enjoying a 1/2 empty ship.   I heard the next cruise will be at 3/4 capacity.

• Like 5