Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

9 hours ago, indy406 said:

Thanks for your posts, guys. I'm sorry if I missed it, but does Celebrity offer compensation (refund or future cruise credit) if they lock you up on Deck 3 for several days? 

I received FCC. Fine by me, I’m cruising again in January. 😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is reported that they issue a FCC equivalent to the daily rate you paid for the number of days in isolation.   Most bookings now qualify for then to also pay for hotels and meals if isolated on land at the end of the cruise, but I think that is soon to end.

By the way.   If put on deck 3 you are in Jail until the end of the cruise even once you test negative.

Not sure if things have changed, but in March if I had two days in a row of negative antigen tests after five days of isolation I would have been allowed to return to my cabin. For one whole day. Flunked.

• Like 1

Once again, thanks, gentlemen, for your fun and informative posts. I offer one suggestion to Celebrity after reading the Covid policies: Don't call it Deck 3 anymore. Change the name to "Leper Colony.

" Best wishes to all on the Reflection and good luck with tests before heading home. We'll be there in a few weeks. Fingers crossed. Blessings to you all.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, I don't know when you were on, but the desk in the MBR does not serve as a fine replacement for the wonderful dressing table area.  It has only a European socket and the hairdryer provided has an American plug.  Attention to detail seems to be sadly lacking.  The only American sockets are located on either side of the bed and those bedside lamps are plugged into them.  Seems to me with the gazillion European sockets on board, they should have acquired lights and appliances with European sockets!  The color scheme is restful and light, I'll give her that.  And I suppose all that storage on the floor is fine for Millennials, but it is not helpful for us older folks.  Much of the Hoppencrap decor has been consigned to those bins.

The staff has been absolutely wonderful and they are really what makes the cruise.

Some of Azamara ships did a similar thing, no mirror over the desk where the hair dryer would plug and European plugs near the mirror.  An extension cord across the room just seemed dumb!  We settled for a hand mirror. A hair dryer is one of the few things that running dual voltage doesn’t really work well! 

• Haha 1

I have enjoyed your posts as well!  Seems we just miss one another on ships.  I was on the Silhouette just before you embarked on your TA.  In the fall, we got on the Millie just after your B2B on her.  When I saw you were posting again I immediately hit the 'follow' button.  LOVE hearing about your experiences!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We grabbed some soft rolls and cheese and returned to our room for lunch as their was hardly a seat up there.  

it does make it comfortable having a dining room 

Jim,

I am surprised that you did not order something from room service.  On our cruise Hilario, our Personal Retreat Host, delivered us some delicious turkey club sandwiches and fries.  They were so good we asked for them a second time two days later on another in port day. 

Of course we had to enjoy them from our balcony since we did not have the luxury of a dining room, but our balcony was comfortable. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim,

I am surprised that you did not order something from room service.  On our cruise Hilario, our Personal Retreat Host, delivered us some delicious turkey club sandwiches and fries.  They were so good we asked for them a second time two days later on another in port day. 

Of course we had to enjoy them from our balcony since we did not have the luxury of a dining room, but our balcony was comfortable. 

My DH loves the Turkey club from room service! He has to order it at least once whenever we are cruising. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, TFree said:

Jim: at your last B2B meeting, you reported that Certificates of Recovery are not being accepted for the B2B testing.  Which seems inconsistent with Celebrity's policy of accepting CoR in general.  If you think of it, could you check on that this time, too?

Tom & Judy

I didn’t do the B2B meeting today.   What they did on last cruise may be totally inconsistent with what happens on this one.   The staff was confused about many protocols.  

Maybe someone one the ship could comment. 

23 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would say a word I hate. - Fake News

Linda on our FB thread for the cruise wrote she had a Heart Attack and was home doing well.  She was asking for pictures to see the airlift.  

Correction- she received certificate of fit to fly home.  She may be home by now. 

23 hours ago, runningtide said:

Hi Jim and Lain;

I just noticed this thread has 190,000 plus hits. Not sure if that’s a record…, but WOW. I have followed you for the last year or so. Do you find people stopping you to say hi, or grab a selfie ? You both are quite the Celebrities, on Celebrity 😁

No Selfies so fa LOL.   A nice couple stopped by our table outside on OV deck to introduce themselves.   They were from northern England but my tired old memory their handle. - But name was Pam and Bob. 

They said they met another couple that wanted to meet us.  We can usually be found walking on the track.   Due to the port intensive cruise I guess we have been illusive. 

Do to potential of contact tracing we haven’t attended any of the events due to lack of masks and social distancing. 

Maybe we will be out more on next cruise, but it will also be very Port intensive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim,

Have to admit we are really low maintenance for our butler. 

We were just in the mood to find something that clicked.  

Our butler use to deliver a cheese plate daily but we asked him to stop.   If I nibble I’m not hungry for dinner. 

Now every night he drops off a little crystal box of sweets.  

We have a couple we enjoy and put them on a plate we keep in a drawer in the bar to nibble on. 

Jim,

Hilario?!  I thought that he was promoted to Administration about a year ago.  Maybe it's a common name?  What ship were you on with Hilario?  If it's the same person I am thinking of (not tall, slightly stocky and always bubbly) he is wonderful.

Jim,

Heavy winds last night and I was awaken by a room divider that cam loose.  I called our butler at 7 and he had an engineer up in 5 minutes.  All it took was. 2 minutes to tighten the bolts. 

Isin of course slept through it.   Yea m a real light sleeper and even my Bose Sound Buds failed 😨 me.  

Direct upload from iPhone so if don’t have mov codec only sound will play.  Sorry but the sound was what I wanted to post. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

Was out exploring today.   Deck 3 Port is the only Red Zone. 

A9CC1AB1-B9D8-462A-AFA0-9A0E0BA47816.thumb.jpeg.5425f38c0d226aff33d10117b20fa07f.jpeg

I did find one cabin on 6 that looks suspicious. 

8A488564-FD00-481B-B1E7-62623C8E697F.thumb.jpeg.ddba118322bccb4e6e8c0459a7368649.jpeg

While on my my walk I saw 3 nurses out testing. No announcements today. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, I don't know when you were on, but the desk in the MBR does not serve as a fine replacement for the wonderful dressing table area.  It has only a European socket and the hairdryer provided has an American plug.  Attention to detail seems to be sadly lacking.  The only American sockets are located on either side of the bed and those bedside lamps are plugged into them.  Seems to me with the gazillion European sockets on board, they should have acquired lights and appliances with European sockets!  The color scheme is restful and light, I'll give her that.  And I suppose all that storage on the floor is fine for Millennials, but it is not helpful for us older folks.  Much of the Hoppencrap decor has been consigned to those bins.

The staff has been absolutely wonderful and they are really what makes the cruise.

Hate to hi-jack Jim's thread but what is the workaround for your hairdryer.  Did they provide an adapter? We are in that suite next year.

Upper Suite Pajamas

Well getting up today at 3:30 AM due to the banging I decided to give the Jammie’s a try.  I selected the Large - X-Large to answer an earlier question about fit.  

I’m 6’ tall, 32 inch waist, wear a 42 R jacket and wear 15 1/2 x 32 shirt.   They fit me perfectly and we’re very comfortable. 

3093A28C-82D6-433B-87E5-2F622A16FA42.thumb.jpeg.ab88de19c90ce7507ec185af262f9ffe.jpeg

• Like 3