The Daily for Sunday 04/03/2022

richwmn

5 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report and lists.  Nice collection of days although I’m reminded of the saying that no good deed goes unpunished.  They’re still important though.  I like the quote but sometimes a piece can trigger a painful memory.  The meal suggestion sounds delicious but for dessert.  The drink sounds interesting.  Haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today including my BIL Jude who is celebrating his birthday.

Happy birthday to your BIL Jude today.

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

• Like 15

1 minute ago, cunnorl said:

We are not cruising until October so we have time. I am going to try Sanford as Ann suggested. It is a much smaller airport than Orlando. One of my friends told me it took 4 months from application to receiving the card.

That sounds good, but I wish it was faster. I should have started the process much sooner.  I’m keeping our TSA pre check appointments for next week though— even though pre check is included with Global Entry. Every little bit helps. 

• Like 17

6 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Seeing a beautiful sunrise as we await to disembark the MS Rotterdam. Looking forward too seeing my Susan who is being released from quarantine and has documents stating safe to travel. Needless to say this has been an interesting back to back.

Ready to go home!

image.thumb.jpeg.96e7a5573eb4681aaf16f83f91c39e85.jpeg

pretty photo.

sorry for the quarantine.  Geez this virus won't go away.  I am on a cruise this Friday on Wonder of the Seas and I will still wear my mask as I do around my town even though boosted.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

pretty photo.

sorry for the quarantine.  Geez this virus won't go away.  I am on a cruise this Friday on Wonder of the Seas and I will still wear my mask as I do around my town even though boosted.

It’s not going away. It’s a roll of the dice even if you mask or not. We were pretty defensive but somewhere somehow it happened!😡😷

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

Greetings from Aruba! We will do a little walkabout in town soon. Don't expect much to be open though...

Here is yesterday's sunset from Curacao -

IMG_20220402_184205.thumb.jpg.0cb2d8f17505646257b25226fb6d0d52.jpg

Have a great last few days on board Fred and Mitzi @Overhead Fred we will be flying home tomorrow and we are feeling great , I just home tested myself and saw a very nice negative !  So that gives us peace to get home , repack the suitcase and we should be even better protected from Covid for the next 180 days , so I have been told ! 
So sorry we missed the ABC islands which are this old Dutchy’ s favorite ! 

Have a nice Sunday everybody , I am feeling good ! 

Tony 😁😍

• Like 22

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

We are not cruising until October so we have time. I am going to try Sanford as Ann suggested. It is a much smaller airport than Orlando. One of my friends told me it took 4 months from application to receiving the card.

I had my conditional approval prior to the interview and walked out of the interview with my card. And you might be able to get an appointment faster at Sanford than at MCO. 

I had been TSA pre-check for years, which might have helped me. 

Good luck. 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Seeing a beautiful sunrise as we await to disembark the MS Rotterdam. Looking forward too seeing my Susan who is being released from quarantine and has documents stating safe to travel. Needless to say this has been an interesting back to back.

Ready to go home!

image.thumb.jpeg.96e7a5573eb4681aaf16f83f91c39e85.jpeg

Can I inquire as to how well the crew treated you in quarantine? 

• Like 5

Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Members enter the United States through automatic kiosks at select airports.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I use a mobile passport (Mac)app on my phone:

(MPC) allows eligible travelers to submit their passport and customs declaration information through a free, secure app on their smartphone or other mobile device. The use of MPC streamlines the traveler’s entry process into the United States by reducing passport control inspection time and overall wait time. Much like Automated Passport Control (APC), use of MPC is free and does not require pre-approval. Travelers who successfully use an authorized MPC app will no longer have to complete a paper form or use an APC kiosk. As a result, travelers may experience shorter wait times, less congestion and efficient processing.

• Like 6

We’ll, we made it onboard!

The ship will take some getting used to. She’s no Prinsendam or Veendam.

They even are offering hordeurves (sp) for sail away. Kingkongdam just pulled out and she’s turning now. 

D4F7C815-0DD8-4FE5-83AC-BCFB141EF917.jpeg

83079B12-3A87-4EF0-9D81-A60DA5902CF3.jpeg

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 20
  • Haha 1

Made it home and my main thought of the day for all the non compliant mask users today was do you have any idea about these two innocent looking old codgers next to you?

Moral. You never know!

Good to be home and looking forward to our pillows!😁

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Made it home and my main thought of the day for all the non compliant mask users today was do you have any idea about these two innocent looking old codgers next to you?

Moral. You never know!

Good to be home and looking forward to our pillows!😁

sorry that this also happened to you @aliaschief , we look forward for so long to enjoy a nice cruise and make so many preparations and than Covid hits us because some selfish people who only think of themselves and don’t wear a simple mask in crowded spaces. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Sunwanabe said:

Can I inquire as to how well the crew treated you in quarantine? 

Just fantastic. Our main contacts were our two wonderful concierge’s from Neptune Suite along with Guest Services. Basic request for ice, drinks and our dining request were spot on.

It would be nice to have more information and fate by medical.

This doesn’t mean it was a pleasant experience but Hal came through and made it bearable.

Bottom line. Covid is not over, live loose and enjoy but it can bite. You can also just get flu, a cold, gastritis and all the usual bugs we have got while cruising. Just be aggressively defensive with the usual hand-washing etc. and enjoy the great adventure of cruising.

It was just our turn!

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Good evening from Quartzsite.  We were off the Koningsdam early and were on the road before 9:30, and were back in Quartzsite by 2:30.  The suitcases are unpacked and ready to put away.

We enjoyed the cruise, but were frustrated with the people who chose not to wear masks.  One interesting development yesterday was the blocked off cabins on our deck were opened up.  We'd heard they were isolation cabins for incoming crew.  Last night, we could walk down the hall, and several stewards were cleaning and getting the cabins ready.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1