Onboard Charge Account

I have a cruise coming up next week and I've misplaced the credit card that I want to use for my onboard account. I've already entered the credit card # my account when I did the electronic check in.  When I go to the pier - will they ask for the actual physical card - or the fact that the # is already on the account be ok?  I can't remember if they ask to see the actual card.

For us they have always asked to scan a card, even for B2B cruises where the card was used the previous cruise.  If you can't find that one take a different card with you.

• Like 1

Thanks - it's my RCL card that I get double points on.  I've just asked for a replacement but it won't be here by the time I leave.  Oh well.  I'm going to have to keep looking.  I know it's here somewhere - lol

We were not asked to show our either and that actually was problematic as SIL had lost (and subsequently cancelled) hers. When she wanted to buy something that required actual payment against the card, it wouldn't go through and she had to get guest services to change it for her.

19 minutes ago, slickmouse said:

Thanks - it's my RCL card that I get double points on.  I've just asked for a replacement but it won't be here by the time I leave.  Oh well.  I'm going to have to keep looking.  I know it's here somewhere - lol

If you asked for a replacement, then the original card is cancelled.  Looking for it isn't going to do any good.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

If you asked for a replacement, then the original card is cancelled.  Looking for it isn't going to do any good.  

Yes. They ding your card periodically during the cruise to assure it’s good. If you’ve applied for a replacement, you’ll probably be getting an inquiry from guest services early on for another card or be placed on a cash account. 

Thanks guys - I'm the authorized user and didn't think that me getting a replacement would impact my husband's card.  But yep - they are the same #.  Going to try and get them to expedite the new card or just use another one.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, slickmouse said:

Just had the same situation. Couldn't find my  RCL credit card, called for a replacement and am now hoping it shows up before I sail in 2 weeks. BUT --- all communications from them say that the old card has been disabled and cannot be used. Don't count on using your old card if you've ordered a new one. And... BTW... I found my old card the day after I ordered a new one 😖

Don't wait to go to Guest Services, take care of it at check in.

Just tell them you need to change the card used and hand them the new card.

Another reason I am glad to no longer have a BoA card.  All my other card companies overnighted a replacement when needed.