On board Solendor!

artlee

2121_Alaska:  

Yes!  Sunday Brunch is back (on Explorer and Splendor).  Had two similar great--pre-COVID, of course-- Sunday sea day experiences on Explorer.  First was on a 2017 series of Inaugural season segments.  Believe that was the first time Regent pulled off this particular dining "event".  It became a staple.  

Next opportunity:  Sept-Oct 2023 Explorer, Vancouver-Tokyo.  Two Sunday sea days.  Which will Regent choose?  Something else to look forward to.  

GOARMY!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Wow is right!

20220410_103205.thumb.jpg.e9001f5e4520cfe66e6d964c89aa5138.jpg

Wow indeed - I never thought id see a return to open self service buffets on cruise lines 

A very brave move by Regent

Ive avoided them in recent years even pre Covid and will continue to do so - only a good photo opportunity. I hate the wastage of food that seems to go with these buffets - and the health risk from some guests not following simple hygiene leaves me dead 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Today was the Country Fair on deck for half an hour. I saw Jon and others out taking pictures so hopefully they will post some. Super windy, but super fun. The passenger Flashmob performed at the end.

In other news we will be unable to go to the Azores due to bad weather.  50 knot (57 mph) winds predicted that day. Good news is Gibralter should be fine, and we should go by at 7:30 in the morning instead of at night. Captain made the announcement this morning and then came down to Coffee Connection to answer any questions. I thought that was so great.

• Like 2

Can’t believe we missed the Brunch. Must be living under a rock!! ugh. Dinner at Compass Rose was very good. We had mentioned we liked the spinach salad from a couple nights agar and he made it happen again for us last night. Veal loin very good. My wife’s broiled shrimp were huge and filled the plate. She loved them.  The evenings entertainment was Kasia and Boogie — our favs - and piano player in the theater who was quite good and a good sense of humor. 

Captain came on at 9 am this morning saying wind expected in Ponta Delgado was expected to be 57 mph so we are skipping the port. As we love sea days and have been there its fine with us. I think that will make it 5 sea days in a row. They had a country fair day on the pool deck and now are bringing the loungers back. Lots of work for them. Cooler today. Jeans and long sleeves. Seas are a little rolling but nice.

• Like 1

Also, highly recommend lunch in the specialty restaurants. Emily and I ate at Prime 7 a couple days ago and had a great lunch. Specials for the day kind of follow the deck buffet theme of the day, but there is a whole second page of the menu that stays the same from day to day. In Prime 7 I had wonderful seared yellow fin tuna, which though listed under salad actually had no veggies. Emily had salmon also really good. Dessert sampler is fun.

After chatting with John and Bill this morning we decided to try Chartreuse for lunch. Also a home run. I had the salmon and artichokes and Emily had pasta special.

So if you want to have a served lunch out of the wind, give it a try.

• Like 3

If you don’t mind me tacking on, we are also enjoying this cruise and want to  share a couple more photos. 

First, a delicious Indian feast delivered by our butler. Chilling on the aft deck, the amazing and delicious  mid- Eastern buffet for lunch at the pool grill, and lastly, a fantastic sunset.

sorry about the sideways ones!

ADDA5863-B0F4-4837-84C6-B9C9A1F7417B.jpeg

F7E7A9D0-10C9-4163-8FA2-802338FCF27C.jpeg

10A0AC34-E621-4E7D-B0E6-2CBFECBE0950.jpeg

AD419A90-E986-4C08-9324-D5E98ED6D1F2.jpeg

Edited by Pudgesmom
  • Like 7

My roomie took the Culinary Arts class "Flip-Flop Floribean" yesterday with Chef Kelly and had a great time. I got to go in at the end and try the four dishes they made. Delicious!

They also got a recipe packet containing 11 recipes so some they didn't make but could try at home. Also some great chef tips. 

I am going to the seafood class tomorrow so stay tuned for more pictures, but for now, two from yesterday. 

20220412_180323.thumb.jpg.7a43d245c431aacd171103f402b77a9a.jpg20220412_180228.thumb.jpg.cb012e5bea37f22f81baa95c9d8fdeb1.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, APEXCruzr said:

Anyone check the weather report for Ponta Delgada this morning?  10 knot winds 62F degrees and 37% chance of rain.  IMHO Regent had no intention of docking there judging by the navigation charts on the TV.

So, the captain should have continued on course to Ponta Delgado plowing through 55MPH winds and swells of 15-20ft?  Nope, not so much! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2022 at 12:13 PM, Jlhalldc said:

Here’s a video of the Flash Mob at the Country Fair. Lots of effort and they had such fun. 

IMG_5846.MOV

I posted your video clip on RSSC Social on FB. Hope that was OK. So sorry I forgot to ask first. BTW Anabel's and Alex's moms were tickled to see it!

Someone on there wondered if you could email it to them.

Would love a copy of this video. bobdice58@gmail.com

Martha

2 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

I posted your video clip on RSSC Social on FB. Hope that was OK. So sorry I forgot to ask first. BTW Anabel's and Alex's moms were tickled to see it!

Someone on there wondered if you could email it to them.

Would love a copy of this video. bobdice58@gmail.com

Martha

Ha! I posted it, too, earlier this week. Hope they appreciate the extra exposure. Stars, all.  

• Like 1

We are very impressed with the crew and officers on board. Everyone greets you, even by name often and genuinely seem very friendly yet professional. Best crew in our 20+ sailings on other lines. This cruise is really, really nice. Food is very good. Ship is beautiful, and staff great. Nothing missing. I am sure we will do Regent again but might have to save a little first.

• Like 4