Any other Princess cruises requiring booster?

IJustWantToGo36

21 minutes ago, Parrottdizes said:

My question is, are they referring to the third shot or do the passengers on that sailing need to also have the fourth shot. 

Up to date is 2 vaccines and a booster. I have not seen any verbage anywhere that they are requiring the 2nd booster since it was just very recently approved.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Up to date is 2 vaccines and a booster. I have not seen any verbage anywhere that they are requiring the 2nd booster since it was just very recently approved.

the booster is now "required" ???? for that cruise ?

I 'thought' that only the testing time frame was involved if one didn't have it

Here's what we just received regarding the above referenced 18 day PC cruise on the CP leaving SF on April 26.

Voyage / Dest: B216N / 18 Days Panama Canal - Eastbound

Ship / Registry: Caribbean Princess / Bermudan

Embarkation: April 26, 2022 / San Francisco

Disembarkation: May 14, 2022 / Fort Lauderdale

IMPORTANT NOTICES

Thank you for your attention to this notification.

Please be advised that guests 5 years and older on this voyage are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and meet the following requirements:

- have received their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the beginning of the cruise and produce proof of vaccination at terminal check-in

- if eligible and 18 years or older, produce proof of a COVID-19 booster. This requirement is due to the length and itinerary of the voyage.

- produce acceptable proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation (for guests 2 years and older).

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here's what we just received regarding the above referenced 18 day PC cruise on the CP leaving SF on April 26.

Voyage / Dest: B216N / 18 Days Panama Canal - Eastbound

Ship / Registry: Caribbean Princess / Bermudan

Embarkation: April 26, 2022 / San Francisco

Disembarkation: May 14, 2022 / Fort Lauderdale

IMPORTANT NOTICES

Thank you for your attention to this notification.

Please be advised that guests 5 years and older on this voyage are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and meet the following requirements:

- have received their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the beginning of the cruise and produce proof of vaccination at terminal check-in

- if eligible and 18 years or older, produce proof of a COVID-19 booster. This requirement is due to the length and itinerary of the voyage.

- produce acceptable proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation (for guests 2 years and older).

I guess It is good to institute this booster requirement for the longer cruise although this version of vaccine does not really prevent transmission (evidence with all the breakthrough cases), so I don't know exactly what purpose it would serve in controlling cases on board.

Edited by ebeluga
for clarification
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ebeluga said:

I guess It is good to institute this booster requirement for the longer cruise although this version of vaccine does not really prevent transmission (evidence with all the breakthrough cases), so I don't know exactly what purpose it would serve.

My guess, and it is only a guess, would be it would at least reduce the potential for severe C19 cases being experienced while onboard. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

My guess, and it is only a guess, would be it would at least reduce the potential for severe C19 cases being experienced while onboard. 

Yes it would be very taxing for staff (medical and otherwise) on board if there were many severe cases, with mild cases, all they have to do is quarantine them...the quarantined may not even get fed for hours...

12 minutes ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

Please do not give opinions on whether you agree or not with boosters.

The only question is in CB April 26th is only Princess cruise to require it at this time?

I would think you would need to find another “long” cruise as the CP Panama Canal cruise is 18 days. Maybe one of April transatlantic cruises which are 14-15 days. There is also a TA in May 2022 that’s 18 days.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 minute ago, bmc alabama said:

Not sure which countries this is visiting, but it may be a requirement of one of those countries.

Then as in many other instances, those not boosted stay on ship.  Also, the ship has the ability to change intineraries if it chooses.

7 minutes ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

Then as in many other instances, those not boosted stay on ship.  Also, the ship has the ability to change intineraries if it chooses.

I would tend to agree with you on this, but that's up to the cruise line...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Most European cruises will require the booster due to the 270 day entry rules for just double jabbed.

This is also reported on the NCL Boards along with reports of passengers denied boarding last weekend in Barcelona due to the last vaccine date more than 270 days before embarkation.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Many Counties have just approved the 2nd booster (as you indicate) and down here we can have our second booster if it has been 4 months since your first booster. Only very few here would have been 4 months since their first booster, and I assume this would be the case in many places around the world. I don't think Princess could mandate two boosters just yet.

37 minutes ago, caribill said:

They could if the passenger "is elegible."

That would be difficult as the definition of "eligibility" might vary from Country to Country.  

18 hours ago, tonit964 said:

If Princess just used the word "booster", I would agree that means 1 booster shot. However, it is written as "booster (s)".........which could mean more than 1 booster shot. 

Also Princess doesn't state anywhere (that I could find....for US cruises) how many days is acceptable since the passenger got their booster. Is cruising after 100 days, 200 days, 300 days OK. After all the longer since one has gotten the shot, the less protection there is. 

I am sure Princess has what they consider a good reason to add this requirement; just wish I knew what it was. 🙃

Edited by Parrottdizes
spelling

9 hours ago, milolii said:

This is also reported on the NCL Boards along with reports of passengers denied boarding last weekend in Barcelona due to the last vaccine date more than 270 days before embarkation.  

Wonder how they got into Spain in the first place?

• Like 1

I do hope Princess do not insist on 270 days since the booster, as I will not qualify -273 days when we get off The Enchanted In August. Cannot get the Spring Booster in the UK unless you are over 75, so I do not know what you are supposed to do. Have had all 3 of my vaccines as soon as they were available. Our balance is due next week, so now I am not sure whether we should pay or cancel. 

• Like 2