Princess Shareholder question for Aussies

10 minutes ago, Phantomz said:

Oh Wow, did not realize there was OBC for Share holders?.... Can someone link where to find more info?

You only need 100 shares.

Ā 

Go to Carnival Corporation -> Investor Relations -> Shareholder Benefits

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Phantomz said:

Oh Wow, did not realize there was OBC for Share holders?.... Can someone link where to find more info?

The on-board credit varies according to the length of the cruise - less than seven days $50; 7-13 days $100; 14 days + $250. With 100 shares in Carnival Corp the benefit is available on all their cruiselinesĀ  including P&O, Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Cunard.

Ā 

Shares at the moment cost around US$20. Pre-pandemic they were around $50 and even $60 per share so, if you plan to take a few cruises, it is a good investment. At the moment dividends are non-existent!

15 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Out of curiosity, how are they applied to a world cruise with 4 sectors???

or do they consider it just one cruise?

Ā 

Regards

I'll let you know in two year's time. šŸ¤£

48 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Out of curiosity, how are they applied to a world cruise with 4 sectors???

or do they consider it just one cruise?

Ā 

Regards

I believe it depends how you booked the cruise. I had booked the WC in 2020 in segments and would have received the $250 for each one. I booked the 2022 WC the same way. However, I had to book the 2023 WC as one cruise because it wasn't available to book in segments by the time I decided that the 2022 WC wasn't going to happen. I am pretty certain I will receive only one credit of $250. Better than nothing.

Edited by Aus Traveller

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

See you onboard! šŸ˜Š

Yep looking forward to it Julie, the fun bit is just about to begin, ie: organising what we're going to do in each port.

Have you started yet?

All I've done so far is set up my spread sheets.šŸ„±

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I believe it depends how you booked the cruise. I had booked the WC in 2020 in segments and would have received the $250 for each one. I booked the 2022 WC the same way. However, I had to book the 2023 WC as one cruise because it wasn't available to book in segments by the time I decided that the 2022 WC wasn't going to happen. I am pretty certain I will receive only one credit of $250. Better than nothing.

I didn't know you could book by sectors, wouldn't that be more expensive?

If I'd know you could and it didn't add a premium to the fair, would have done that.

Ā 

Trying to remember how the last WC effected my Military Benefit, whether I received 1 or 4 obc.

Ā 

Regards John

Edited by Ozwoody

5 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Yep looking forward to it Julie, the fun bit is just about to begin, ie: organising what we're going to do in each port.

Have you started yet?

All I've done so far is set up my spread sheets.šŸ„±

I have my spreadsheet - part of a humungous one where I track all my cruises.

Ā 

I've worked out what excursions we want to do where but may look for private excursions in some ports.

Ā 

I've even booked a couple of popular excursions that can be covered by OBC.

Ā 

Now I'm in a holding pattern. There isn't much I can do over the next year or so.

Ā 

The big question is whether the Baltics will be viable for port visits by then.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Just now, Ozwoody said:

I didn't know you could book by sectors, wouldn't that be more expensive?

If I'd know you could and it didn't add a premium to the fair, would have done that.

Ā 

Regards John

When I factored in the shareholders OBC and the loyalty credit of $100 for each sector, it was cheaper to book it by segments. BTW, loyalty credits have been discontinued. ā˜¹ļø Even so, it would have been a tiny bit cheaper to book separate segments, but I had to take what I could get. (I prefer the word 'sector' but Princess uses 'segment' - sounds like part of an orange to me!)

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

A major attraction in the 2022 and 2023 WC itineraries, was Norway (in 2022), Iceland and Greenland (in 2023). I have been to the Baltic ports both on land and by cruise ship and don't really want to go back. šŸ™‚

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I have my spreadsheet - part of a humungous one where I track all my cruises.

Ā 

I've worked out what excursions we want to do where but may look for private excursions in some ports.

Ā 

I've even booked a couple of popular excursions that can be covered by OBC.

Ā 

Now I'm in a holding pattern. There isn't much I can do over the next year or so.

Ā 

Yes my Spread sheet is a bit like that.

And yes the Baltics are a bit of a worry, the Baltic section was one of the main reasons we choose the 2024 WC.

Ā 

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

A major attraction in the 2022 and 2023 WC itineraries, was Norway (in 2022), Iceland and Greenland (in 2023). I have been to the Baltic ports both on land and by cruise ship and don't really want to go back. šŸ™‚

Ā 

Yes go along with Sectors rather the segments, but then they say pax instead of people.

We done the Greenland/Iceland ports in 2018 WC it was very good, only advice is take lots of money, or grandkids to sell, there very expensive places.

Iceland a typical cod and chips meal with a glass of wine we would get at the beach here, cost us $124.00 AUD. Not jokingšŸ˜¬

Edited by Ozwoody

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

Yes go along with Sectors rather the segments, but then they say pax instead of people.

We done the Greenland/Iceland ports in 2018 WC it was very good, only advice is take lots of money, or grandkids to sell, there very expensive places.

Iceland a typical cod and chips meal with a glass of wine, cost us $124.00 AUD. Not jokingšŸ˜¬

Good thought. I might pack a couple of my beautiful grand-daughters to sell ......Ā  I won't buy meals ashore unless they are part of a shore tour.

14 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Yes my Spread sheet is a bit like that.

And yes the Baltics are a bit of a worry, the Baltic section was one of the main reasons we choose the 2024 WC.

Ā 

Same here.

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Good thought. I might pack a couple of my beautiful grand-daughters to sell ......Ā  I won't buy meals ashore unless they are part of a shore tour.

We.like to try local restaurants where possible but we might give that a miss in Iceland.

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We.like to try local restaurants where possible but we might give that a miss in Iceland.

Don't let me put you off, it may have just been the place we chose, check them out, but be carful of the exchange rate, I think that's where I went astray.

Krona price was something like 1.670, but evidently the period there is equivalent to our comer.

ie: thousands. LOL

Ā 

However don't wish to hijack this thread so will leave it there.

Contact me on 2024 rollcall if you need more info.

Edited by Ozwoody

5 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Don't let me put you off, it may have just been the place we chose, check them out, but be carful of the exchange rate, I think that's where I went astray.

Krona price was something like 1.670, but evidently the period there is equivalent to our comer.

ie: thousands. LOL

Ā 

That's also the case in Europe but usually more obvious as the numbers aren't as big ie 20,75 is 20.75 Euros. If the number has more than two decimal places be very, very suspicious! šŸ˜