Princess Shareholder question for Aussies

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't think Princess are even checking that email address.

Maybe not. However it is the address some from the benefits department emailed me. I have spoken to someone on the phone this morning and she checked with me a couple of times that I am using that address. She asked me to email again. I did. I get the feeling they cannot click on the attachment symbol on my emails. 😁

I have just now down-loaded a new stock statement and will email it again. Maybe I will try with both addresses.

3 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

Yes, I just did it, and got an immediate (if automated) response, to the effect that my email had been received. I sent it to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com as advised on this thread. The automated reply came from the P&O Shareholder Team.

I got that automated response when I sent my Princess request to P&O last Friday. When I emailed P&O seven weeks ago for the shareholder's OBC for our P&O cruises, it was put onto the account a couple of days later. The same email (with cruise numbers changed) sent to Princess, fell into a black hole.😁

26 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

Yes, I just did it, and got an immediate (if automated) response, to the effect that my email had been received. I sent it to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com as advised on this thread. The automated reply came from the P&O Shareholder Team.

That's not the official Princess email address, that is benefits@princess.com.au. if you email that address you get no response at all, the carnivalaustralia one that you used is the only one that seems to work.

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have email both addresses again - Princess and P&O. This time I have added the shareholder's statement into the body of my email in case they couldn't open my attachment to my earlier emails.

That's what I did. Some places are wary of attachments as they can contain viruses.

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's what I did. Some places are wary of attachments as they can contain viruses.

When Princess and P&O want a copy of the shareholder's statement to prove their shareholding, they should expect that many people would send it as an attachment. I will see what happens now.

I sent a copy of the CommSec purchase confirmation to our TA. She has sent it on with the request for our upcoming cruises. I had hoped to have had it done earlier but it took 3 weeks and a number of phone calls to get set up with CommSec. The staff who answered my calls were wonderful and helped un-jam my application and push it through.

Thanks everyone for the helpful information.

23 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

I sent a copy of the CommSec purchase confirmation to our TA. She has sent it on with the request for our upcoming cruises. I had hoped to have had it done earlier but it took 3 weeks and a number of phone calls to get set up with CommSec. The staff who answered my calls were wonderful and helped un-jam my application and push it through.

Thanks everyone for the helpful information.

Your TA might have more luck in getting the OBC applied than I did - if your cruise is with Princess. P&O are no problem.

Our Princess cruise is on Sunday so I felt I had to keep following up my request for the shareholder's OBC. Finally today - success!! 🙂 It took several emails over seven weeks plus two phone calls. I don't know why it took so long when all of my emails went to the correct address. Anyway, I now have the shareholder's OBC for two of my booked cruises.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Our Princess cruise is on Sunday so I felt I had to keep following up my request for the shareholder's OBC. Finally today - success!! 🙂 It took several emails over seven weeks plus two phone calls. I don't know why it took so long when all of my emails went to the correct address. Anyway, I now have the shareholder's OBC for two of my booked cruises.

Fantastic news. Have a wonderful time using it.

I’ve passed my concerns on about the email address to our TA. I also used the Princess chat function yesterday afternoon, I had to ask twice what do I do if the OBC hasn’t been applied before they gave a phone number and said to ring it if there was nothing 14 days before sailing. I’ve marked the calendar.

33 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

Fantastic news. Have a wonderful time using it.

I’ve passed my concerns on about the email address to our TA. I also used the Princess chat function yesterday afternoon, I had to ask twice what do I do if the OBC hasn’t been applied before they gave a phone number and said to ring it if there was nothing 14 days before sailing. I’ve marked the calendar.

Do you mind letting us know the phone number? On the phone today I was told that the OBC had been applied to the cruises I requested it on, but on checking I have found that our January cruise doesn't have it. I will follow up later in the year, but the phone number could be helpful if it doesn't appear on the account after a reasonable amount of time, and I don't mean seven weeks. 😁 I will apply pressure earlier next time. I kept thinking it would happen tomorrow, then the day after etc. etc.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Do you mind letting us know the phone number? On the phone today I was told that the OBC had been applied to the cruises I requested it on, but on checking I have found that our January cruise doesn't have it. I will follow up later in the year, but the phone number could be helpful if it doesn't appear on the account after a reasonable amount of time, and I don't mean seven weeks. 😁 I will apply pressure earlier next time. I kept thinking it would happen tomorrow, then the day after etc. etc.

Sure, it is 13 12 88.

I will be checking every couple of days.

8 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

Sure, it is 13 12 88.

I will be checking every couple of days.

Thanks for giving us the phone number. All I could do today was phone the general line. The person I spoke to couldn't do anything herself, but she spoke to someone else who could.

In the seven weeks since I applied for the benefit, I checked my Cruise Personalizer regularly to see if the credit had been applied. I started getting worried a few weeks ago, and then checked it every day and started sending further email requests. I was worried about the three-week deadline for applications. My cruise is three weeks from next Sunday.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I spent 50 minutes on hold. The person who answered the call has sent a request off to the Solutions team and to call back in 48 hours to check on it. I don’t think they understood what shareholder benefits there are. They made a couple of comments about sharing the OBC over the bookings. 

• 2 weeks later...

After my call last week and calling again 48 hours later gave no results. I called our TA on Monday this week and they have been following up on the OBC. Today I received an email from our TA saying that the OBC has been applied to my name in the booking. Yay. 

10 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

After my call last week and calling again 48 hours later gave no results. I called our TA on Monday this week and they have been following up on the OBC. Today I received an email from our TA saying that the OBC has been applied to my name in the booking. Yay. 

You can check your account on your Cruise Personalizer. If you click on 'payments' at the top of the page for the particular cruise, the credits on your account shown be shown and itemized.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

You can check your account on your Cruise Personalizer. If you click on 'payments' at the top of the page for the particular cruise, the credits on your account shown be shown and itemized.

It has shown up for one cruise but not the other one. That’s a next months job. 

11 hours ago, sj_cavy said:

It has shown up for one cruise but not the other one. That’s a next months job. 

I applied for the OBC for three cruises. It took seven weeks, several emails and some phone calls before the OBC was applied. However, it was applied to only the first and third cruises. I will follow up on the other one shortly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I applied for the OBC for three cruises. It took seven weeks, several emails and some phone calls before the OBC was applied. However, it was applied to only the first and third cruises. I will follow up on the other one shortly.

Its obviously a "hit and miss" procedure. After my posts above, I applied for my two cruises on a Tuesday and had a reply the following Saturday. OBC was granted for the first cruise as it was less than 90 days from sailing, but the second cruise not, as I had applied too early.

3 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

Its obviously a "hit and miss" procedure. After my posts above, I applied for my two cruises on a Tuesday and had a reply the following Saturday. OBC was granted for the first cruise as it was less than 90 days from sailing, but the second cruise not, as I had applied too early.

It is obviously hit and miss. The OBC was applied for my June cruise and also my February one, but not for January. 😁 Others here have reported they already have the OBC on their account for the world cruise next June.

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Hit and miss or depends on who responds to the request, the policy states the cruise must be within 90 days of your application.

That's why I was surprised they added the OBC to my account for the Feb cruise seven months ahead.

15 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

That's why I was surprised they added the OBC to my account for the Feb cruise seven months ahead.

On 6/25/2022 at 6:13 PM, MicCanberra said:

Hit and miss or depends on who responds to the request, the policy states the cruise must be within 90 days of your application.

I only ever apply for our OBC to Carnival cruises no more than 3 months prior to sailing. I am very surprised that you have received it for your Feb cruise and should consider yourself lucky. Maybe just reapply for the January cruise in November? 

10 hours ago, frantic36 said:

I only ever apply for our OBC to Carnival cruises no more than 3 months prior to sailing. I am very surprised that you have received it for your Feb cruise and should consider yourself lucky. Maybe just reapply for the January cruise in November? 

Yes, the same here.