Princess Shareholder question for Aussies

Well we took the plunge ended up buying through Bendigo Bank, as could get through to them on the phone very easily, did take a few days to sort out account, and you were lucky $14.50 we paid $14.90 USD,  still a good buy though as the onboard credit is worth it and not in a hurry to buy them back.  First time we have bought shares.

• Like 1

No sign of our shareholder OBC yet. It's a month since I emailed them. I've forwarded the previous email to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com as well as the original benefits@princess.com.au, and added the third cruise we recently booked. Hopefully we'll see some action soon.

Even though I emailed Princess on 11th April and again on 17th May requesting that the shareholder's OBC be applied to my account for my June cruise, it hasn't appeared on my account and there was no acknowledgement of my emails.

This morning I spoke to Kate on the live chat. She said I would hear from the relevant department today. I did. Their email said they had not received my previous two emails, even though the address they now gave me is identical to the one I used previously and the earlier emails did not bounce. The earlier emails included all of the info they wanted (full legal name, name of ship, cruise number, date, booking number) so the lack of info cannot be an excuse. I have asked for an acknowledgement of receipt of today's email.

If anyone else is waiting for their shareholder's OBC, I suggest you try the live chat line to get some action. 🙂

Just this morning got my shareholder for the October cruise with {P&O and eventually got the Princess July shareholder after numerous tries and different addresses  but all good now  Will wait before I ask for Jan and Feb 2023 cruise obc's  

I only bought my shares about a week ago, but already P&O have confirmed the $50 Credit for the 7th June sailing 👍

Just on the shares should have waited a week!!!! They have been hammered the past few days to just under US$12 as have all the cruise lines, anyone after Norwegian (about $13 now) or Royal Caribbean ($49) all have now more than halved in value in the last 12 months and pretty close to the COVID crash levels 😡

They all offer the OBC for 100 shares.

1 minute ago, Hammer61 said:

I only bought my shares about a week ago, but already P&O have confirmed the $50 Credit for the 7th June sailing 👍

Just on the shares should have waited a week!!!! They have been hammered the past few days to just under US$12 as have all the cruise lines, anyone after Norwegian (about $13 now) or Royal Caribbean ($49) all have now more than halved in value in the last 12 months and pretty close to the COVID crash levels 😡

I will try not to cry thinking of how much my 100 shares cost. Anyway, at the time none of us knew that COVID was looming.

Bought mine late 2008 and have already had over 4 times what I paid back in obc and 4 dividends a year so even if at present they are worth a lot less they were an excellent buy and will I am sure get back to close to the original cost and then they may start dividends again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

We have just bought shares, and see they have gone down quite a bit, oh well at least we get onboard credit, we have a P&O cruise in November, do you email P&O or ring them in regards to getting credit for sailing please?

7 hours ago, subaru94 said:

We have just bought shares, and see they have gone down quite a bit, oh well at least we get onboard credit, we have a P&O cruise in November, do you email P&O or ring them in regards to getting credit for sailing please?

Email P&O at  shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com    Supply your full name, the name of the ship, voyage number and date as well as your P&O booking number. You should attach a copy of your shareholder's statement or some other proof of your ownership of the shares. I got a response from P&O within 24 hours when I emailed mine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Email P&O at  shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com    Supply your full name, the name of the ship, voyage number and date as well as your P&O booking number. You should attach a copy of your shareholder's statement or some other proof of your ownership of the shares. I got a response from P&O within 24 hours when I emailed mine.

Thank you.

On 5/18/2022 at 4:44 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

No sign of our shareholder OBC yet. It's a month since I emailed them. I've forwarded the previous email to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com as well as the original benefits@princess.com.au, and added the third cruise we recently booked. Hopefully we'll see some action soon.

The princess email doesnt work , but the carnival australia email did,  however princess were quick to apply the credit to our jun29 and jul22 cruises in under a week of sending the email 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, aussiecruiser275 said:

The princess email doesnt work , but the carnival australia email did,  however princess were quick to apply the credit to our jun29 and jul22 cruises in under a week of sending the email 

I sent two emails requesting the shareholder's OBC to Princess (benefits@princesscruises.com.au) and nothing happened. A couple of days ago I had a live chat with a Princess rep who contacted the relevant department. Later that day I received an email saying they had not received my previous emails and that I should apply either in writing or by email. The email address it was sent from was the same one I had used before. I sent my previous email on again after checking that it contained all the info required. However, the OBC still hasn't been applied as at Friday morning, 27th May.

I wouldn't say that the Princess email address doesn't work, but for some reason the people there don't seem to.😁 Even so, if the credit isn't applied today, I think I will follow your advice and send an email to the Carnival Aust address (shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com).

After a few weeks of no action or response on my request sent to benefits@princesscruises.com.au I forwarded the email on the 18th May to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com, including adding the third (September) cruise I recently booked.

I received a confirmation of receipt of my email within a few hours, stating 10-14 working days to process the request.

The OBC has shown up today on the first two cruises, but not on the September one. I'm not too concerned about that one, I can resend the request in a month or so if it doesn't show up.

It seems the shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com is the only email address that gets action.

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

After a few weeks of no action or response on my request sent to benefits@princesscruises.com.au I forwarded the email on the 18th May to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com, including adding the third (September) cruise I recently booked.

I received a confirmation of receipt of my email within a few hours, stating 10-14 working days to process the request.

The OBC has shown up today on the first two cruises, but not on the September one. I'm not too concerned about that one, I can resend the request in a month or so if it doesn't show up.

It seems the shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com is the only email address that gets action.

Copy. 👍

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If the OBC doesn't show up on my account today, I will email the carnival aust address. In the email I received from Princess on this matter, it was mentioned that application has to be made more than 21 days before the cruise. This Sunday is 28 days before our Princess cruise so I will have to keep on the case.

Okay wise ones, before I embark on the task of applying for the benefit for the first time, can I please have a clarification on the following wording  ...

"(for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your current mailing address and your brokerage account number blacked out)"

Does this mean - your mailing address showing and your ac# blacked out, OR both your mailing address and your ac# blacked out?

TIA

We use a current stock holding statement showing name and statement date but with the account number blocked out. There is no address on that statement but if there was it would be blacked out too.

1 hour ago, Belmont Babe said:

Okay wise ones, before I embark on the task of applying for the benefit for the first time, can I please have a clarification on the following wording  ...

I only bought mine recently, all I did was send a copy of the contract note that I had bought 100 shares (Through Commsec) it has my name and address and how many shares purchased, I also assume I would appear on the shareholder register in the USA were Carnival are based and mentioned this as I guess this is where they will check to verify you are a shareholder.

2 days later I got an email from P&O that $50 had been credited to my onboard account as a shareholder benefit for our upcoming 7th June 4 day jolly to Queensland and back!.

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

P&O are responding immediately, but Princess isn't.  😁

Yes, I just did it, and got an immediate (if automated) response, to the effect that my email had been received. I sent it to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com as advised on this thread. The automated reply came from the P&O Shareholder Team.