Princess Shareholder question for Aussies

48 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Depends on how it is booked

Booked the half cruise and they say it is 2 segments (although it goes through 3 embarkation ports) but we will ,only get one shareholder credit

7 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Booked the half cruise and they say it is 2 segments (although it goes through 3 embarkation ports) but we will ,only get one shareholder credit

Bugger... But I thought it would be something like that.

Mean little beggars aren't they.😥

As there has been no dividend payment for a while that provides evidence you are currently an owner of shares, what are cruisers providing to Princess/carnival to show their current proof of ownership?

thanks

K

Edited by Kaylacool

Just now, Kaylacool said:

As there has been no dividend payment for a while that provides evidence you are currently an owner of shares, what are cruisers providing to Princess/carnival to show there proof of ownership?

thanks

K

We use a statement of holdings from our broker.

With regard to the cost of elite internet whether pre or post embarkation purchase I just got this from Princess

Please be advised that loyalty pricing/discount will show within the Medallion Class app. There is no difference between pre-cruise and onboard pricing for Medallion Net. Loyalty discount will be reflected even you purchase once onboard.

47 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

With regard to the cost of elite internet whether pre or post embarkation purchase I just got this from Princess

Please be advised that loyalty pricing/discount will show within the Medallion Class app. There is no difference between pre-cruise and onboard pricing for Medallion Net. Loyalty discount will be reflected even you purchase once onboard.

Well that's good to hear, thank you.

Just had my shareholder benefit applied for my 12th August Coral cruise and November Grand cruise. My 2 attempted emails to benefits@princesscruises.com.au on Saturday bounced back, so I emailed the info to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com, who forwarded my email to princess. 4 days is very quick response!

4 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Just had my shareholder benefit applied for my 12th August Coral cruise and November Grand cruise. My 2 attempted emails to benefits@princesscruises.com.au on Saturday bounced back, so I emailed the info to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com, who forwarded my email to princess. 4 days is very quick response!

I sent my email to benefits@princesscruises.com.au a month ago - no OBC yet. Maybe I should try the carnival address. I used it to apply for the shareholder benefit for our P&O cruises and the OBC was applied within a couple of days.

54 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Shares have dropped significantly, it may be an opportune time to buy.

Never been involved in shares before went to purchase, set up commsec account attached to netbank however to purchase international, said 5 days before we can do it, and notice the shares have started to go up.  Is there any other way of doing it?  novice here?

1 minute ago, subaru94 said:

Never been involved in shares before went to purchase, set up commsec account attached to netbank however to purchase international, said 5 days before we can do it, and notice the shares have started to go up.  Is there any other way of doing it?  novice here?

I did it through ANZ share trading and, as far as I can recall, there wasn't a significant delay.

35 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

Unfortunately the delay is from the USA end, as they have to approve the trading fund to trade on their stock exchange. you can only use that fund for US trading.

At least that is what I was told. And I should point out that's 5 business days by the way.

Only talking about the Comsec system, don't know anything about any other banks requirements.

41 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

That's one of the joys of the stock market. Shares can go up or down while your transaction is being processed. There isn't anything you can do about it. And for US shares you also have exchange rate fluctuations to deal with.

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's one of the joys of the stock market. Shares can go up or down while your transaction is being processed. There isn't anything you can do about it. And for US shares you also have exchange rate fluctuations to deal with.

I think that's why they insist on the US stock trading fund, as its loaded with US dollars, then no hiccups with purchases as you either have the $ in it or not, so the transactions are limited to those funds.

Again that's what was explained to me. but there maybe others with more knowledge that me.

9 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

I think that's why they insist on the US stock trading fund, as its loaded with US dollars, then no hiccups with purchases as you either have the $ in it or not, so the transactions are limited to those funds.

Again that's what was explained to me. but there maybe others with more knowledge that me.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. When we bought our shares our bank account was just debited with the cost -ie the price of the shares in USD converted to AUD using the exchange rate at the time of the transaction. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that. When we bought our shares our bank account was just debited with the cost -ie the price of the shares in USD converted to AUD using the exchange rate at the time of the transaction. 

Ahh that's why I said what happened with Comsec, no idea what happens with other banks etc.

Just quoting what I was told while buying my shares through the Commonwealth bank.

How long ago did you buy your shares, I don't know if it's only a resent requirements.

But if ANZ is easier that good knowledge someone looking to start now.

2 hours ago, subaru94 said:

I’m also waiting on CommSec to open an account that I can use to buy US shares. If the share price goes beyond what I’m prepared to spend then be I won’t be buying them. 

57 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Ahh that's why I said what happened with Comsec, no idea what happens with other banks etc.

Just quoting what I was told while buying my shares through the Commonwealth bank.

How long ago did you buy your shares, I don't know if it's only a resent requirements.

But if ANZ is easier that good knowledge someone looking to start now.

We bought ours in 2016 through St George Bank.

So with Commsec do you have to transfer funds into USD before you can buy shares?

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

So with Commsec do you have to transfer funds into USD before you can buy shares?

Don't know just said wait 5 days before doing any international trading?

5 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

Don't know just said wait 5 days before doing any international trading?

Bought mine in UK in sterling through Lloyds bank (I had an account)   got them in about 5 hours 

47 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Well I did when I opened the International trading account with Comsec, looked up current share prices worked out max I was willing to pay converted 100 shares and transferred to the trading fund it automatically converted it to US$ at a slightly higher US$ rate than I allowed, so bit of a bonus.

Once it went through I watched the prices when it dipped I bought.

Getting set up was a pain, but after that smooth as, as they say.

• Like 1

I bought my 100 last night for $14.50 cost in Aussie dollars with brokerage was a little over $2100.

Getting set up with CommSec was a pain! Even though I have an account (For ASX) I had to fill in forms, wait for approval etc, took about a week and then was it was all approved couldn’t trade until I had converted money to $US which is different to how it works with ASX, you just link your bank account and they direct debit, so be aware of that as I thought I was set to buy But had to wait another 2 days for the funds to show after I transferred to the US$ account, all cruise lines BTW offer the same OBC for holding 100 shares, just Carnival is the most cost effective, RCI share price for example is currently around US$66 so be closer to A$10,000 for 100!!!!!

Did a bit of research before buying as just getting some OBC is not the only reason I would want to buy, needs to view it as an investment as well so for anyone interested, and I by no means claim to be correct, do your own research get your own advice etc…

The shares have halved in the last 12 months and in the last month alone have fallen from around $20!! Reading analyst reports and recommendations they are seen as a high risk, but below $15 is maybe good opportunity for anyone happy with the risk as they could sink much lower on more bad news as rising intrest rates will see the cost of the debt they have get higher to service then high Oil and food prices and a slower than predicted return to normal operations, add in any more pandemic issues, lockdowns or cruise bans around the world its easy to see why the price has fallen, but with high risk comes high reward as they could easily double as well in the next 12 months if things improve.

32 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

The shares have halved in the last 12 months and in the last month alone have fallen from around $20!! Reading analyst reports and recommendations they are seen as a high risk, but below $15 is maybe good opportunity for anyone happy with the risk as they could sink much lower on more bad news as rising intrest rates will see the cost of the debt they have get higher to service then high Oil and food prices and a slower than predicted return to normal operations, add in any more pandemic issues, lockdowns or cruise bans around the world its easy to see why the price has fallen, but with high risk comes high reward as they could easily double as well in the next 12 months if things improve.

Share value dropping once you buy the share at this stage is not a loss to you unless you sell or the company goes broke. Unlikely Carnival is going broke, so all's good if you just keep them, when the world comes back to even keel all the shares will shoot back up to their base rates pre covid. The share market does that, goes up down, I've got mine for long term, so quite comfortable with the current volatility. If you don't feel comfortable with shares, its ok, don't buy. But as Hammer61 says with the price for CCL at the moment, it is a great time to buy in.