"We are validating your record" re: Vaccination

Hi Everyone, getting ready for my May cruise and when I looked at the app it gave me the option to choose an arrival time... so I went ahead and selected that.  The next thing is my Vaccination record.  It gave me the option to take a photo of our cards so I did that and it still says "We are validating your record."  I did this on Saturday morning.

Anyone know how long it usually takes, AND, do I still need to bring the cards with me, or is that going to be sufficient?

Just now, tensixmom said:

Hi Everyone, getting ready for my May cruise and when I looked at the app it gave me the option to choose an arrival time... so I went ahead and selected that.  The next thing is my Vaccination record.  It gave me the option to take a photo of our cards so I did that and it still says "We are validating your record."  I did this on Saturday morning.

Anyone know how long it usually takes, AND, do I still need to bring the cards with me, or is that going to be sufficient?

It took several days for mine to switch to green. My guess is they prioritize processing them based on departure date. You will still need to show either the physical card or an image of it for boarding. 

31 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Is it even really mandatory to upload them?  I'm sure there are people that don't have the app and don't upload them.  

No, not mandatory. I'm guessing if you don't it might just take some more time... when I went in September back before you could upload it they took pictures of my card and probably a few things on their tablet. In December when I had uploaded it before it was just a quick look and send me on my way. 

I wouldn't think it's a big difference unless they make you wait for some validation now. 

29 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Is it even really mandatory to upload them?  I'm sure there are people that don't have the app and don't upload them.  

No, it is not mandatory to upload them.  Our 4/2 cruise was the first one out of 9 that I did it.  No one cared on any of the other cruises and they still checked our card this cruise as thoroughly as they did with the others.

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

I haven't bothered uploading ours for our cruise next month because the app seems geared towards US CDC cards and ours are EU certificates. I can totally visualise whoever checks these things not knowing what to make of mine, which says I have had 2 out of 1 doses, which is how the EU demonstrates people who had the single JJ jab + a booster. So we will just take them with us and show them at the port.

• Like 1

Hello,

I don't know about your certificates, but for some reason that I cannot find, ours are only valid for travel for 30 days and then have to be downloaded again.

Regards,

Cublet

5 hours ago, steveru621 said:

You would think after you have uploaded the same card for 6 different cruises RCI would not have to re-verify?  LOL

Haha, yes. It's like having to re-input your C&A number every single time when you're price checking even though you're already logged in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I don't know about your certificates, but for some reason that I cannot find, ours are only valid for travel for 30 days and then have to be downloaded again.

Regards,

Cublet

They seem to be fine with the cardboard vaccination card/cards that we were given when they did the jabs as well as the NHS travel certificates as I have used both. 

Back in February, we only showed our set and sail bar code from the app on our phone and our passports.  We had already uploaded vaccine cards and cc info.  This was in Miami.  To those who are fearful of phone battery running low, portable chargers are very helpful, screenshots are even better.  Wifi is amazing in port areas awaiting check-in.  We also keep vaccine cards with our passports so less to carry.  And we never print anything other than luggage tags.

Edited by jean87510