Current Splendor pool deck info

Brownie54

3 hours ago, BBWC said:

I know you have asked this before but there is really nothing to report from the Mariner.

Agree…it’s still pretty quiet around the pool and I have not seen any chair violations.  

3 hours ago, boblerm said:

Well, the signs are fixed, so they are either there or not.

I will make a point to look, and also check passages.  But nothing has been obvious to have caught my attention.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RetiredandTravel said:

I think Huggsys point was this is a topic that has been discussed ad nauseum.  Until the powers to be at Regent change the policy one can accept it or confront the perpetrator like Mrstanley suggests. 🤼‍♂️💪

I was just making a point like everyone else.  I’m just tired of people that think only of themself.  Didn’t say or think it was Huggies or you—-they know who they are - sad for them.

All:  Before composing the following, helped myself to a second glass of wine--from the comfort of my home.  

While reluctant to never say never; and never say ever--

As recited on an earlier Thread, second wcsdkqh's caution as to unanticipated consequences following touching and moving another person's stuff, particularly from a Pool Deck Lounge Chair or "Bed". 

I recounted witnessing results of same a few years back which led to a fight between the remover and the removee.  Neither came out unscathed.  Crew intervened; witnesses, including moi, provided information, as requested, to Ship's Officers.  Two days later:  Captain announced during Noon briefing both combatants had been restricted to their Suites; both would be offloaded at the next-available Port; both would be on their own to find their way(s) back to wherever they came from.

And--both would be precluded from booking a future cruise on any Regent ship.  

Regards, and that is absolutely the LAST input from me on this one.  Will simply "lurk". 

Take care, all.  Hope to see some of you on this October's LA-LA Mariner cruise. 

GOARMY!

20 hours ago, Sunprince said:

Agree…it’s still pretty quiet around the pool and I have not seen any chair violations.  

I will make a point to look, and also check passages.  But nothing has been obvious to have caught my attention.  

Currently on Mariner…

No notice in Passages, no signage on pool deck. No need for it here on this cruise. 

Today, a sea day. Upper deck closed due to high winds. I counted 53 shade loungers on pool main deck with 31 occupied with people.  Maybe 1 had a bag or book on it but it would have been someone who was using it and just got up to do something. 

Generally, I would just try to move on from this, but… yesterday two things happened so I will post my experience. 

We are on Splendor, where there are 8 raised lounge chairs at one end of the pool. Nice location; partly shady. Yesterday, while I walked and then reading on deck, I noted six of those were reserved but unoccupied from 10:15-noon. At noon, two couples of the six arrived, sat for maybe 5 minutes and then left, presumably for lunch. They are together, or at least knew one another. I left shortly after, so observed about 2 hours wasted there.

The reason to post this seemingly common occurrence is because there is a part two to this story. That night, we arrived at the Compass Rose just in time to catch an ongoing disagreement between one of the women  chair savers and the  staff. She was incensed before they would not allow her into the restaurant wearing her very faded jeans. I was quite sure she was about to go full-blown Karen, with her and her companions’ voices rising quickly, when they agreed to seat her as she was.

My takeaway is that some passengers feel the rules don’t apply to them. The poor staff is caught between a rock and a hard place. And it’s probably these same few doing it over and over. 

Edited by Pudgesmom
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Pudgesmom said:

She was incensed before they would not allow her into the restaurant wearing her very faded jeans.

Oh, but don't you know, they were probably some expensive designer jeans and even if they were ripped they were more worthy than anyone else in the room. /sarcasm

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Oh, but don't you know, they were probably some expensive designer jeans and even if they were ripped they were more worthy than anyone else in the room. /sarcasm

Actually, she was trying to make a point about someone else who was admitted with the wrong shoes. 🤔 guess she knew the rules and made a conscious decision. 

We are from Texas where you can get into the nicest of restaurants in jeans, boots and a sport coat. Nevertheless, we follow the easy to meet rules on the ship.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Pudgesmom said:
48 minutes ago, Pudgesmom said:
1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

Actually, she was trying to make a point about someone else who was admitted with the wrong shoes. 🤔 guess she knew the rules and made a conscious decision. 

So Sad. To board a ship or go to a restaurant with a known dress code and still fight against them is rather sad. They must really feel their life is so empty that small victories validate who they are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fizzy said:

What is a full blown Karen?

many definitions and discussions of origin but here is a simple one:

A "Karen" is a woman who acts entitled, expects certain privileges or special treatment, and gets angered easily. The term is often used to criticize the behavior of self-absorbed white, affluent, and middle-aged women, but may also be applied to anybody being "extra", or acting demanding and overly dramatic.  - slangit

3 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

A "Karen" is a woman who acts entitled, expects certain privileges or special treatment, and gets angered easily. The term is often used to criticize the behavior of self-absorbed white, affluent, and middle-aged women, but may also be applied to anybody being "extra", or acting demanding and overly dramatic.  - slangit

Yes, exactly! A characteristic phrase might be, “Let me speak to your manager.” 😀

• Like 1

Unfortunately it appears the person got away with it so you can anticipate more similar actions.  It is unfair to have Regent employees enforce this.  Regents policy should be if the guest is told they are breaking the dress code by a Regent employee and put up a fight Regent management steps in.  IMO the women should have been told by management if she doesn't adhere to the rules she can't dine at the restaurants PERIOD.  Strong letter to follow.

Easy to say from here but I wouldn't let these people ruin my vacation.

• Like 4

On 4/12/2022 at 6:39 PM, boblerm said:

Are there signs on the pool deck on the Explorer, Mariner, Voyager and Navigator about having items removed after 30 minutes?

I know that they were there in the past, if they have been removed, I think it makes a difference in what we can expect.

During our years of cruising on the various Regent ships we cannot recall there ever being any signs on the Pool Deck regarding the reservation of sun loungers.

We remember notices in Passages; a couple of cruises where the policy was enforced (items moved to what became colloquially named the "Table of Shame"); but never any permanent or semi-permanent signs.

Maybe we missed them or they were not very visible.

Edited by flossie009

2 hours ago, mrstanley said:

We were on a cruise and sat next to a couple dressed in sweat shirts and sweat pants in 

Chartreuse.  And sneakers!!! I think sometimes people are too lazy to change clothes for dinner.

On our last cruise there was a man who wore sneakers all the time. Turns out he was almost paralyzed a few years ago and could only walk with the use of a stiff ankle brace which would only fit under his special sneakers. Otherwise he was impeccably dressed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

During our years of cruising on the various Regent ships we cannot recall there ever being any signs on the Pool Deck regarding the reservation of sun loungers.

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

Maybe we missed them or they were not very visible.

Well.  My memory tells me that they were there in the past, and my memory never fails  me!!!!🤣

OK, I'll concede that it's possible that I am mixing this memory up  with another cruise line.  😕

• Like 1

My late husband had a problem with his feet that only allowed him to wear sneakers.  He wore black ones at all times and especially when we sailed Regent and no one noticed.   I think they should have turned away the woman wearing Jeans but that’s just my opinion.  I did see a woman (seated in Compass Rose) approached by management and asked to go and change her jeans for dinner.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Linda VH said:

My late husband had a problem with his feet that only allowed him to wear sneakers.  He wore black ones at all times and especially when we sailed Regent and no one noticed.   I think they should have turned away the woman wearing Jeans but that’s just my opinion.  I did see a woman (seated in Compass Rose) approached by management and asked to go and change her jeans for dinner.  

Agreed. Medical needs > the dress code and, interesting to note, the dress code is suspended the last night of the cruise.

1 hour ago, moogwan said:

On our last cruise there was a man who wore sneakers all the time. Turns out he was almost paralyzed a few years ago and could only walk with the use of a stiff ankle brace which would only fit under his special sneakers. Otherwise he was impeccably dressed.

Yes! This could be my sweet husband … his ankle brace only fits in a size 14 sneaker. When cruising he quietly explains to staff why he is noncompliant … we’ve never felt it necessary to explain to fellow passengers…

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

Thank you for that annoying explanation. Depending on the miscreants, I guess you could also have a full blown Graciella or Tawanda. This stuff never ends. When there are no consequences for behavior the full blowns will continue to get their own way.

• Like 1

I despair - why can't these people just go with the sense of occasion, they're not being asked to put on a b****y ballgown! - they're disrespectful to their fellow passengers, the crew and they take no pride in their appearance.

I'm glad I wasn't there - I'd be chomping at the bit; my husband desperately telling me to ignore the situation 😳.

Just like the chair hogging, and as I posted recently- a couple took up two double lounger beds - why? It's pure bad manners!

Thanks for reading folks, I am now going to pour myself another glass of wine🤪🍷

• Like 4

3 hours ago, moogwan said:

There is an important lesson to be learned here, and pardon the pun and the mixed metaphor, but we don't really know what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes. There have been in the past gentlemen who could only wear sandals as well.

BTW, even though my name is not Karen, I hate the use of this slang expression. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The couple I was referring to dressed in sweatpants and sweat shites were dining with two teenagers dressed the same way.

I certainly understand many people with foot or leg issues only able to wear certain shoes. 

Explain wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts to dinner. Perhaps all their clothes got lost.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

There is an important lesson to be learned here, and pardon the pun and the mixed metaphor, but we don't really know what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes. There have been in the past gentlemen who could only wear sandals as well.

BTW, even though my name is not Karen, I hate the use of this slang expression. 

Yes agree, my rant was at those who choose to deliberately dress down because they can't be bothered or to make some self indulged statement.

• Like 1