Question about included drinks

OCVTSGIRL

It has been years since I have cruised on Celebrity.  My husband and I have been exclusively cruising on Royal Caribbean and achieved Diamond status which I believe would be Elite on Celebrity.  Sadly, my husband passed away last year and a friend and I are contemplating giving Celebrity a try.  We are looking at the Summit because we liked the itinerary and it leaves from our home state of NJ.  I see on their website that drinks, WiFi and tips are included.  Is there a limit on the number of drinks?  We aren't crazy drinkers but enjoy them by the pool, shows and in the lounges.  Also, what drinks are included?  Anyone have any input on the Summit?  We love RCCL's large ships...Oasis class and Anthem...but are ok with a smaller ship.

No number limit on drinks. Pretty much any cocktail or wine up to the $9 price range on classic package is included. The premium drink package includes drinks up to $ 15 which gives you better wines and premium liquors for those cocktails. I care nothing for the difference in cocktails and they have been having some problems getting better wines. Supply issues. 

The Summit has been recently renovated and is in Excellent condition. The ship size is the same as Royal's Radiance Class ships (Radiance, Brilliance, Jewel, Etc). The decor is modern and the general feel of a cruise on Celebrity is a bit more upscale and laid back than a Royal cruise. 

• Like 1

The included drinks are from the Classic package as has been stated. You can upgrade to the Premium, or pay the price of the drink minus $9 + a 20% gratuity. ($10 drink is an upcharge of $1.20).

This is a pretty good comparison of the packages and what should be in them. If you're looking for wine, I'd probably wait until your on board as there have been reports of supply issues.

http://chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.celebritycruises.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fcelebrity%2Fpdf%2FChoose-Your-Beverage-Package.pdf&clen=468371&chunk=true

I'm going to be a first time Celebrity cruiser in November  (a few Royal amd a Platinum Carnival). I have purchased the premium drink package for myself and premium non alcoholic package for my son. Do I have complimentary access to the same beverages listed in the premium non alcoholic package or are some of those charged at a fee to premium alcoholic beverage package customers? Also... is the standard WiFi all but worthless? I have upgraded one of my WiFi packages to premium and was going to wait until we were onboard and upgrade the other if we found ot necessary. If informed ahead of time the standard is ungodly slow (which I assume it will be) it is probably best I upgrade now.

Thanks for any information!

1 hour ago, WKUTopperFan said:

I'm going to be a first time Celebrity cruiser in November  (a few Royal amd a Platinum Carnival). I have purchased the premium drink package for myself and premium non alcoholic package for my son. Do I have complimentary access to the same beverages listed in the premium non alcoholic package or are some of those charged at a fee to premium alcoholic beverage package customers? Also... is the standard WiFi all but worthless? I have upgraded one of my WiFi packages to premium and was going to wait until we were onboard and upgrade the other if we found ot necessary. If informed ahead of time the standard is ungodly slow (which I assume it will be) it is probably best I upgrade now.

Sorry, can’t help with non-alcohol questions!

Note that two persons can share a wifi package. And one person can use one wifi package on phone, tablet, laptop, etc. In other words, as long as two devices (doesn’t matter who they belong to) are not using the subscription at the same time, no problem. So my advice is to upgrade one package, use the standard package for low bandwidth stuff, use the upgraded as needed. That’s how my wife and I save by avoiding the cost of a 2nd upgrade.
Stan

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

is celebrity strict about serving more than one drink at time 

my husband's friend likes 2 beers at a time

In the past, no. Just have him order another one when he receives the first one. 🍻

I  am not confident that one could order two beers at one time with just one sea pass card.  But Celebrity is certainly not strict about the exact time between multiple orders.  They might be concerned that you are buying one of the beers for someone not without a drink package. 
You can get two beers with two different sea pass cards.  (I do this frequently for my DW).

On 4/13/2022 at 4:47 PM, WKUTopperFan said:

Yes, you can also have any of the non-alcoholic beverages as well - any drink up to $15. I think it depends on where you are sailing as to how well the wi-fi works. We sailed to Alaska, so at times it was worthless, but cell service in general is not good up in that area. Hope you enjoy your cruise! 

Regarding your internet question, it depends on what you plan to do or access while on the internet. We’ve been able to use the basic internet to receive and send email, browse the internet, read the online newspaper and play games that we downloaded from the App Store. 

On 7/8/2022 at 6:26 PM, ourfamilylovescruising said:

is celebrity strict about serving more than one drink at time 

my husband's friend likes 2 beers at a time

He shouldn't count on it if he's only coming with his card, and especially if he's just passing through the bar and the bartenders don't know him.  His best bet is to be upfront (and cool) with one or more of the bartenders and let them know what he's doing.  That's still only a "bet," though, and not a guaranteed way to make things happen.  The bartenders on board are very "encouraged" to guard against grossly overserving passengers and also against drink package sharing.

Being straightforward and getting to know a bartender helps because they often have a little latitude when they see no harm.  However, this is a situation where "no" means "no."  If he asks and does not get the answer he wants, he needs to be cool about it and just drive on.  The answer will not change.