Protocols Extended

Mask mandate for public transportation continues. Testing for international flights continues. Spread of virus continues.

I do not expect any cruise line to relax protocols any time soon.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

... Whining about protocols continues.  😄

Au contraire, my dear. Just confirming why no changes are forthcoming. I, for one, appreciate any effort to contain the virus. I don’t want to get caught in quarantine on the ship or off.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Babr said:

Au contraire, my dear. Just confirming why no changes are forthcoming. I, for one, appreciate any effort to contain the virus. I don’t want to get caught in quarantine on the ship or off.

I don't think that he was criticizing you.  He was continuing your post.  😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Things continue to be dynamic and we also have to be prepared for existing protocols to be tightened again if some new variants will come up that are more serious again.

You are in a closed off space on a cruisehip and viruses can spread much faster in such environment. Given the protocols are as relaxed as they are currenty is anyway to loose or for others much better than expected. For all those crazy about filling their plates  mountain full, who would have thought the buffet will come back that quickly to self serve, which I think is a big mistake.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Things continue to be dynamic and we also have to be prepared for existing protocols to be tightened again if some new variants will come up that are more serious again.

You are in a closed off space on a cruisehip and viruses can spread much faster in such environment. Given the protocols are as relaxed as they are currenty is anyway to loose or for others much better than expected. For all those crazy about filling their plates  mountain full, who would have thought the buffet will come back that quickly to self serve, which I think is a big mistake.

I think self serve buffet has always been a mistake, given things that I’ve seen over all our cruises. And that’s only the things I’ve seen while I’m there, which tends to be not often given the things I’ve seen 😳

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I think self serve buffet has always been a mistake, given things that I’ve seen over all our cruises. And that’s only the things I’ve seen while I’m there, which tends to be not often given the things I’ve seen 😳

Why were there so many Noro outbreaks and during flu season other viruses as well, well go to the buffet to find your answers 😄 It's a absolute disgrace that RCL and also other cruiselines did not think of a smart, efficient and most important safe option to evolve the whole buffet experience getting rid of self serve permanently during the pandemic. Well at the end, a few ships returning back to port per year due to some kind of virus outbreak and the collective pr damage seem to be cheaper for them than to have invested into new concepts for tbe buffet mess.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Why were there so many Noro outbreaks and during flu season other viruses as well, well go to the buffet to find your answers 😄 It's a absolute disgrace that RCL and also other cruiselines did not think of a smart, efficient and most important safe option to evolve the whole buffet experience getting rid of self serve permanently during the pandemic. Well at the end, a few ships returning back to port per year due to some kind of virus outbreak and the collective pr damage seem to be cheaper for them than to have invested into new concepts for tbe buffet mess.

Odds are the cruise lines know what works best for running their business, and it's doubtful they're looking for input.  All we do is choose to sail under their approved protocols, or not.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

Here's Canada case count chart. We are a couple of weeks ahead of you guys. And just like we found Justin Bieber first and then passed him over to you, a couple of times, I'm sure Omnicom will on it's way again to the bright lights of the U.S. pretty soon too.  Sorry! x 2

image.png.cd1e25b279b6a8741707e34ed1ee8976.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

May be better to come in contact with omicron, which doesn't seem to be making people terribly ill (especially those who are immunized) and develop further immunity for some future variant that may be more of a problem. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Darn.  Wish people could just get on with their lives and deal with whatever variant is around themselves instead of someone else setting rules.  Lots of people are testing positive and have no symptoms or have mild cold like symptoms.  Let's be done with it!

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Darn.  Wish people could just get on with their lives and deal with whatever variant is around themselves instead of someone else setting rules.  Lots of people are testing positive and have no symptoms or have mild cold like symptoms.  Let's be done with it!

And the people who can't figure out how to protect themselves in a self serv buffet should just stay out.

• Like 12

14 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

... Whining about protocols continues.  😄

It would be nice if the protocols had some backing in science instead of shoot from the hip by politicians.  I suppose if you ask 100 scientists their opinions, you could get 100 different opinions.

• Like 10

I still think the testing requirement is weird, in that you do it a few days before your cruise and then you travel for the cruise and around people and pre-partying and whatnot, and that's lots of time to pick up the virus.

I mean, I guess it doesn't hurt and could catch a few cases. It just seems like doing it at the pier itself would be a better precaution, but then you have the logistics of lots of tests at the pier and the drama of people testing positive when they're already at the pier with their luggage being loaded on the ship.

• Like 2