Protocols Extended

33 minutes ago, Babr said:

Who cares about wearing a mask for a few hours? That is a lot easier than sitting in a hotel for hours on end.

Most international flights (and coast to coast flights) are more than "a few hours". 

I haven't been on a plane since May 2019, and not looking forward to wearing a mask for 8+ hours next month.  😞  Luckily, at least for now, LHR does not require a mask in the terminal.  🙂

• Like 1

Be clear about what was struck down:  masks on planes, public transit, and airports/seaports.  Some airlines have said they are keeping this a company policy (although I don't know who or how they plan to enforce that...).

There is no Federal banned list for flying unless you're a terrorist....  Some airlines have banned travelers permanently for assaulting flight attendants, but I haven't heard of a permanent ban for mask non-compliance.

Testing for international travelers will indeed be the next court challenge.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

Be clear about what was struck down:  masks on planes, public transit, and airports/seaports.  Some airlines have said they are keeping this a company policy (although I don't know who or how they plan to enforce that...).

There is no Federal banned list for flying unless you're a terrorist....  Some airlines have banned travelers permanently for assaulting flight attendants, but I haven't heard of a permanent ban for mask non-compliance.

Testing for international travelers will indeed be the next court challenge.

The airlines have been the most vocal about getting this administration to end the mandate. Not sure why any would now continue it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

The airlines have been the most vocal about getting this administration to end the mandate. Not sure why any would now continue it.

Hawaiian Airlines require masks.  When eating, you remove the mask to take a bite or drink and the mask must still be worn while chewing your food.  🙄

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, iuki said:

Hawaiian Airlines require masks.  When eating, you remove the mask to take a bite or drink and the mask must still be worn while chewing your food.  🙄

Once they start losing customers to their competitors without a mask mandate the virtue signaling will end.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Babr said:

So what. Get him to strike down the requirement to test before flying. That is what is leaving people stranded in foreign ports for days. 

Who cares about wearing a mask for a few hours? That is a lot easier than sitting in a hotel for hours on end.

Agreed.  Wearing a mask doesn't bother me.  Getting stuck in a hotel for a few days would.

1 hour ago, Babr said:

Last trip due to flight delays it was 10 hours in terminal and 5 hours on plane.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if this has been mentioned but Carnival testing requirements are 3 days before sailing, vaccinated people up to date.  I wish Royal had it 3 days before cruising as it did have before changing it to 2 days.  Makes a big problem for traveling.

Edited by torpeedo
  • Like 1

Just now, LeeW said:

Last trip due to flight delays it was 10 hours in terminal and 5 hours on plane.

Would you rather sit in a hotel until you test negative? It takes at least 10 days to get a certificate of recovery if you continue to test positive, and you’ll be paying for it yourself unless you have travel insurance and even that may not cover your total expense.

Seems like an easy choice to me.

56 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Most international flights (and coast to coast flights) are more than "a few hours". 

I haven't been on a plane since May 2019, and not looking forward to wearing a mask for 8+ hours next month.  😞  Luckily, at least for now, LHR does not require a mask in the terminal.  🙂

Nor does the UK require quarantine, but you won’t be flying back to the US without a negative test.

1 hour ago, Babr said:

So what. Get him to strike down the requirement to test before flying. That is what is leaving people stranded in foreign ports for days. 

Why can’t they get rid of masking and testing? It’s not like they have to do one or the other. Getting rid of one is a step toward getting rid of all.

BTW the him that struck down the mask mandate is a she.

• Like 4

Inquiring minds want to know ...

What does wearing a mask on a plane have to do with quarantining and/or denied boarding from failing a pre-boarding test?

Edit:  I guess the debate is leave the mask mandate but get rid of the pre-board testing.

Edited by Another_Critic

41 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Once they start losing customers to their competitors without a mask mandate the virtue signaling will end.

And there are those of us who would choose to take the airline that keeps precautions. It's one of the reasons I cruise, I know people are vaccinated and have tested negative.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, torpeedo said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned but Carnival testing requirements are 3 days before sailing, vaccinated people up to date.  I wish Royal had it 3 days before cruising as it did have before changing it to 2 days.  Makes a big problem for traveling.

Royal has never done 3 day testing window for vaccinated passengers, it’s always been 2 day. 

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Royal has never done 3 day testing window for vaccinated passengers, it’s always been 2 day. 

No, it was initially 3 days.

Following an update from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) last week, Royal Caribbean has adjusted its policy, beginning with sailings departing September 13, 2021 or later.

In order to meet the CDC's requirements, Royal Caribbean will now require vaccinated guests 12 and older to show a negative Covid-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days prior to sailing in order to board. (Previously, it was 3 days.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

And there are those of us who would choose to take the airline that keeps precautions. 

News alert!!  You’re flying U.S. airlines…they’ve had precautions in place since well before you were born.  And they’ll continue to have them long after you’re gone.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

now drop the testing to return to the US via air.  

Best news I heard on the way to the Sixers playoff game last night.  We have upcoming flights to Anchorage and from Vancouver and are thrilled about this.  And, may I add we had to wear masks entering the stadium but everyone just took them off once we were in.  It was refreshing.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, iuki said:

That is a Federal mandate.

And it was about to expire and was extended by 2 weeks.

• Like 1