Alaska Cruise 2022, have to test 3 times???? What????

So we received the health protocols for our Alaska Cruise leaving from Seattle coming up in June.  I was shocked, Vaxxed folks have to be tested 3 times?  Is this right??  

-1 pre cruise- I get this, like all cruises 2 days prior, no big deal

-1 Day prior to entering Canada need an antigen test, register on the ship.  HMMM, well its Canada and they make the rules

-1 Day prior to returning to the US, register on the ship?  What, where did this come from?  Been on 3 cruises to the Caribbean and Mexico in the last 4 months and didn't have to test to get back to the US.  HMMMMM....

And more importantly,  what if we test positive before returning to the US, do we stay on the ship for the next cruise in isolation??  🙂

If anyone has any insight, please let us know.  Maybe I'm Reading this wrong.

image.thumb.png.11bd1f7ad8b6b8ddd73f4f75af1b241d.png

• Thanks 1

Interesting.  I read this also and wondered if we did not get off in Canada is we would need the test.  We do not sail until September so maybe things will change before then.  It will be intersting to follow this and see what people say.

• Like 1

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise it says only the pre cruise testing is required. additional testing is only for unvaccinated

Canada recently changed their requirements a few weeks ago, they no longer require a covid test : https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, whitshel said:

So we received the health protocols for our Alaska Cruise leaving from Seattle coming up in June.  I was shocked, Vaxxed folks have to be tested 3 times?  Is this right??  

-1 pre cruise- I get this, like all cruises 2 days prior, no big deal

-1 Day prior to entering Canada need an antigen test, register on the ship.  HMMM, well its Canada and they make the rules

-1 Day prior to returning to the US, register on the ship?  What, where did this come from?  Been on 3 cruises to the Caribbean and Mexico in the last 4 months and didn't have to test to get back to the US.  HMMMMM....

And more importantly,  what if we test positive before returning to the US, do we stay on the ship for the next cruise in isolation??  🙂

If anyone has any insight, please let us know.  Maybe I'm Reading this wrong.

image.thumb.png.11bd1f7ad8b6b8ddd73f4f75af1b241d.png

That is for unvaccinated guests.

• Like 1

It's the test required to fly back into the US when we disembark RCI Serenade. We sail round trip out/in of Vancouver in mid September that has us concerned for our same day end of cruise flight.

Following what happens when cruises start this May.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

It seems like the RCI protocols haven't been updated. I believe you don't need to test before arriving into Canada by air. However cruiselines do require a test to board ships.

Don't confuse a round trip out of Vancouver to the round trip out of Seattle.