Has anybody used Radeas Test Kits.. Testing is a nightmare right now.... Princess Cruises

mpdog42

1 hour ago, bmc alabama said:

Make sure on the Walgreens testing website you select “ID Now”. It will be a red dot.  Do NOT select regular PCR (they send those out) or Binax Now (that is the Antigen)

Why not BinaxNow?? I've done 2 proctored Antigen tests at CVS without an issue .... next one scheduled for this Wednesday 

47 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Why not BinaxNow?? I've done 2 proctored Antigen tests at CVS without an issue .... next one scheduled for this Wednesday 

There’s nothing wrong with Binax Now, but I thought OP was looking for PCR equivalent, which if boosted allows a day earlier, correct?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bmc alabama said:

There’s nothing wrong with Binax Now, but I thought OP was looking for PCR equivalent, which if boosted allows a day earlier, correct?

Thank you. I've vascillated back and forth for a week. Finally hedging on Antigen on Wednesday for Saturday's cruise

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

From reading the comments, it seems that Princess should make a better effort to do testing before one is permitted to board.  It may cause some longer lines, but will reduce the anxiety of many individuals. 

Mic Drop!!!

• Haha 1

I don't understand why you guys don't just do the quick turn around antigen test at a pharmacy?

Here in California all the pharmacies like CVS and Rite aid do those tests and the results come to you in minutes

Are none of those available near where you live?

They are accepted by Princess 

8 hours ago, riffatsea said:

I don't understand why you guys don't just do the quick turn around antigen test at a pharmacy?

Here in California all the pharmacies like CVS and Rite aid do those tests and the results come to you in minutes

I have used  Walgreens and CVS in the past very successfully, as they are  readily available where I Iive. This time we are flying to Alaska 3 days early, too soon for testing within 2 days of embarkation. My plan is to schedule tests at Walgreens or CVS in Anchorage. The real concern (for me at least)  is testing in Vancouver at disembarkation to fly home (along with what happens if we test positive). Those flying into Vancouver early for embarkation would be similarily impacted, I expect. 

Edited by Buckeye10640

9 hours ago, riffatsea said:

An issue  existed with CVS cancelling tests the day of which left people scrambling for new more expensive tests.  

• Like 1

Has anyone tried local Urgent Care clinics?  Here we can go in anytime and get a rapid Antigen test, results in about 15 minutes.  We have done this twice for cruises in November and March.  It's free for us, but we are on Medicare and supplemental insurance.

I realize this may not be an option everywhere, but an idea to check on.