Anyone going down to welcome the Pacific Explorer in to Sydney on Monday?

Would have loved to but from Melbourne I have to wait for it to be shown on news. Do you know what time it’s arriving? I’ve been flicking to YouTube in case someone putting live on there.

24 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Would have loved to but from Melbourne I have to wait for it to be shown on news. Do you know what time it’s arriving? I’ve been flicking to YouTube in case someone putting live on there.

From memory, it will be 9.30 to enter the Heads, at the OPT at 10.30am. It was announced that there will be three tugs giving a water cannon welcome.

Anyone know what time it may be passing Forster area? 

We are caravaning on the beach near Pacific Palms and will go down the beach to catch a glimpse. 

Not much Internet here so can't search... Geoff??? 

Most of my coastal cruises have hugged the coast on their way home to Sydney Town. 

1 minute ago, cheznandy said:

We are caravaning on the beach near Pacific Palms and will go down the beach to catch a glimpse. 

Most of my coastal cruises have hugged the coast on their way home to Sydney Town. 

Will post Cruise mapper but has a delay, whom wants to give your position away 🤷‍♂️

Just now, bazzaw said:

Are Sea and Sun Princess still around?? - or did they die during the pandemic?? 

They got sold.😪

Sea Princess is now owned by a Chinese company and is called Charming. I'm not sure where Sun Princess went to.

• Like 2

During our early days of cruising, I got kind of used to having the Buffet down the back overlooking the stern of the ship - I wasn't too keen on the Sea and Sun Princess with the buffet up front of the ship - no way to eat your food outside.  

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They got sold.😪

Sea Princess is now owned by a Chinese company and is called Charming. I'm not sure where Sun Princess went to.

Sun Princess got sold to Peace Boat and she is now know as Pacific World.

39 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

This screen shot was just taken 1 min ago (at posted time), so you can see where Pacific Explorer is at the moment and where you are:

image.thumb.png.0ed8146824436be0139378aa3c68b214.png

So I would think she might go past yours in about 4 or so hours.

I will look at it on the sydney webcam tomorrow providing it is docked ay at the OPT.  Otherwise, may have to get up early to see it sail past ......a cruise ship will be a sight for sore eyes, for sure!

Edited by alibabacruisers
  • Like 1

Hogbay let me know if you see it from Coffs. Not sure where you are there but I get good views from the Lighthouse at Port Mac. 

I can't read all posts where I am it's intermitent but will catch up when home tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Will post Cruise mapper but has a delay, whom wants to give your position away 🤷‍♂️

165017741374468658992699708267.jpg

57 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Thanks all. Will wander down at sunset. 

We are on a peninsula in the National Park between the lake and ocean.... No data... No tv...so nice!! 

Can usually see the Seals Rocks lighthouse from the ship. I don't expect her to be lit up to cruise spec, but should be able to see something.

Alas, I think it will be well after 10pm.

I am planning on heading down to South Head to watch her come through the Heads at 9.30am. Hopefully she’s on time and doesn’t come in early! 
Will try to get a nice picture! 
Very exciting!! 

• Like 2