RCCL reservation mystery and cancelled excursion?

15 minutes ago, GJustice said:

I've used the automated system to get a confirmation multiple times in the last month. They did change the menus and it seems to only work during office hours. 

Just tried it again.  It's still asking for agency phone # even though I chose booked on the website.  What do you enter if you booked directly with RCI?  I tried 866-562-7625 but that "does match the reservation".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rudeney said:

One of the advantages of booking with a TA is they keep up with final payments.  You aren't relying on RCI's IT department to send reminders.   The TA that I use requires that I put a credit card number on file to have my balance automatically charged so there's no worries about missing it.

Amen to this!

My TA doesn't require a credit card number on file, but I have by choice given him three different cards to keep on file.  He has a standing order to make any final payment on Card Number One a few days before Final Payment Date, and he still always advises me ahead of time that he's going to process the payment.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Catmomma said:

I woke up to a email stating my excursion for my 7/18/22 cruise was cancelled.  I thought no big deal, it happens.  Decided to log on to RCCL's website to see if there was any explanation and pick something else.  I go to my personal page and it states I have no cruises booked.  Ok again, maybe its a web issue so I look up my booking number and plug that in to see it still thinks I dont have a reservation.  hmmmmmm.  So I call the 800 number and guess what, they state I may have a hour wait to talk to someone.

ANyone else having issues with a existing reservation with RCCL this morning?

Exactly what happened to you happened to me. RCI did rebook me it was totally their fault. They threw $100 obc then I looked at the cabin it’s right above the arcade on the 14th deck. Needless to say we are changing that cabin there is no way I’m taking this one my travel agent is working on it as we speak I hope it works out 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Catmomma said:

Ok after 90 minutes on hold I got someone to talk to.

My cruise was cancelled because payment was due yesterday.  They stated they sent reminders, I never received them.  My original receipt shows total due but no date of when it was due.

Initially they would not reinstate my reservation without an additional $600 in charges to basically re-book.   I pretty much flipped out and got my price back and made final payment.

I did lose my excursion I had booked.  She gave me some tips on how to contact someone and try to get that fixed.  So now I am off to write a email to hopefully get that back.

Ive cruised a lot, never had this happen.  Really pretty surprised they would just cancel my cruise without a phone call to me.

Happy you were able to get your cruise re-instated.   Hopefully your original cabin.    

In all the years of cruising I have never known Royal to call anyone for final payment.      The only time I have had them call me back is when a call was disconnected during a booking.

Good Luck with re-instating your excursion.       Has the price gone up?

47 minutes ago, Catmomma said:

This is pretty much how it felt to me too.  They were going to cancel FCC I had from a cruise cancelled due to covid and not let me use it.  My account still states i'm not paid in full but I was told it will take a few days for them to credit me for the FCC.

On a lighter note, I managed to get my excursion re-booked and saved $20.  So I guess I got "paid" $10 a hour for my stressful morning on the phone.  lol

I think you need to watch this booking like a hawk because the 'system' could trip another cancellation due to non-payment by the deadline.  And make sure you document the name of the rep and time you spoke to them in case you need to have them go back and pull recordings. Do not wait the 'few days', keep checking your account to make sure that sailing doesn't disappear again.  

3 hours ago, Catmomma said:

I woke up to a email stating my excursion for my 7/18/22 cruise was cancelled.  I thought no big deal, it happens.  Decided to log on to RCCL's website to see if there was any explanation and pick something else.  I go to my personal page and it states I have no cruises booked.  Ok again, maybe its a web issue so I look up my booking number and plug that in to see it still thinks I dont have a reservation.  hmmmmmm.  So I call the 800 number and guess what, they state I may have a hour wait to talk to someone.

ANyone else having issues with a existing reservation with RCCL this morning?

I have been on hold waiting for Royal twice this morning and each time was over an hour.

33 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Just tried it again.  It's still asking for agency phone # even though I chose booked on the website.  What do you enter if you booked directly with RCI?  I tried 866-562-7625 but that "does match the reservation".

same issue, you used to be able to get a confirmation from calling now it is asking for agency, if someone knows how to bypass that I would love to know the trick

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, clochette said:

same issue, you used to be able to get a confirmation from calling now it is asking for agency, if someone knows how to bypass that I would love to know the trick

I couldn’t get passed that either. I put my phone number that’s linked with my RC account and no luck. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Little judgmental, don't ya think?

Not at all.  The person I quoted said that the same thing happened to them, but it was Royal's fault.  

I fail to see how not paying your bill when it's due is Royal's fault.

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I couldn’t get passed that either. I put my phone number that’s linked with my RC account and no luck. 

Yeah, I tried RCI number and my phone number.  Also tried the 999 number listed below (from my eDocs).

Travel Agent or Certified Planner

VACATION PLANNER USA

Telephone Number: 9997654323

6 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Not at all.  The person I quoted said that the same thing happened to them, but it was Royal's fault.  

I fail to see how not paying your bill when it's due is Royal's fault.

It's like taking out a loan and then expecting it to be forgiven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJustice said:

Can't remember the whole sequence, but press 5 after the English/Spanish prompt. USED to be 4-2-1, but now it's 5-?-4-2-1

I just tried this and it brings me to booking a new cruise, did you try it?

Very strange.  I cancelled 2 bookings due to vaccine requirement for my grandkids. 

Cancelled done month  via my TA.  They confirmed, but still appears as they are linked to mine. On anthem now annoying asthey pop up in the app whenever I make reservations. 🤣