Apex Live — COVID numbers

What A Market

Although I have a live thread going, I thought I would create new thread for this topic.

Captain just gave COVID details in his morning announcement.

62 crew

19 passengers

Everyone that tested positive is in quarantine. No other protocols being implemented.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A lot of crew!!! Enjoy the rest of your cruise and keep safe. We are getting our 2nd booster on Sunday. Hopefully this will keep us safe for our B2B in Alaska next month. We intend to mask up at all times. We have two airports and two flights to get through before we arrive in Vancouver to commence our cruise🤞

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

What deck is for quarantine?  Is it window, inside cabin or IV?

No announcement on this, but one side of Deck 3 has been sealed since beginning of trip. I think part of Deck 6 as well, but I understand from other posts that Celebrity is using this for crew.

I will ask for details.

15 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

A lot of crew!!! Enjoy the rest of your cruise and keep safe. We are getting our 2nd booster on Sunday. Hopefully this will keep us safe for our B2B in Alaska next month. We intend to mask up at all times. We have two airports and two flights to get through before we arrive in Vancouver to commence our cruise🤞

Does seem like a lot of crew. We are doubled boosted for about a month now.  Got second boost timed specifically for this cruise. We haven’t been wearing masks, but would happily do so if required. 

Does seem interesting that they aren’t imposing some additional protocols. Maybe it’s because we disembark tomorrow.

Thanks for the well wishes!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, What A Market said:

Although I have a live thread going, I thought I would create new thread for this topic.

62 crew

19 passengers

Everyone that tested positive is in quarantine. No other protocols being implemented.

I am not surprised. I think we’ve counted 100 or more positive cases among people who got off the last sailing, and that’s just among the passengers on cruise critic and in the Facebook group. That ship is having a major outbreak right now. 

• Like 2

We were on the April 2 sailing.    A bunch of folks on the private FB page reported testing positive when they got home, including me and my wife.    Also heard from the parents of a crew member, they spent the week on board visiting her.    Several of her performance team had to quarantine at the end of the cruise.

Looking at the following two sailings it seems like the numbers are getting bigger each week.    I wonder how long it will take to run its course on board.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Do you know how many passengers are on your sailing?

We had 2110 on the April 2 sailing.    Numbers have been pretty steady around that level for the last few weeks.

Edited by zdad59

1 hour ago, What A Market said:

No announcement on this, but one side of Deck 3 has been sealed since beginning of trip. I think part of Deck 6 as well, but I understand from other posts that Celebrity is using this for crew.

I will ask for details.

It could certainly be a combination of 3 and 6, but two crew I have seen on social media are both in isolation on deck 3 in an OV. 

2 hours ago, schittenden said:

It just means passengers aren’t going to get tested. 

This

Pax have self determined that they 'aren't that sick" and will tough it out with cold/flu meds vs getting isolated in an inside cabin.   

happens at every hotel resort destination, every day now

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, tfred said:

This

Pax have self determined that they 'aren't that sick" and will tough it out with cold/flu meds vs getting isolated in an inside cabin.   

happens at every hotel resort destination, every day now

100% 

My wife and I both got COVID while onboard Edge in February (tested positive on return-to-Canada PCR test the day of disembarking), while somehow the cruise director had announced on our last night of the cruise that there had been zero positives for crew and passengers! We have both had 2 boosters, but were not masking on the ship as it wasn't required at the time but we did try to social distance.  Fortunately we both just had a night of fever and a week or so of mild symptoms and fatigue.  I'm okay with what happened as we knew the chance was there going in and for us it wasn't too bad, but very likely there are many many more positives among passengers than have actually tested positive.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, What A Market said:

62 crew

19 passengers

No surprise we got it there!

30 minutes ago, SparklyPinkCruiser said:

Yikes. I'm about to get on tomorrow and we're doing a B2B (on another ship) and I'm starting to wonder if we'll make it on that 2nd cruise!

Use sanitizer always, wear your mask! We are just getting over it from Apex!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SparklyPinkCruiser said:

Yikes. I'm about to get on tomorrow and we're doing a B2B (on another ship) and I'm starting to wonder if we'll make it on that 2nd cruise!

You'll be find if you take precautions; think positive and act accordingly.  You know what to do and enjoy you b2b.  I was in school for 2 years and stayed healthy by following my routine based on consistency.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1